bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Elements in Greek  (Read 4498 times)

Brett

2 Elements in Greek
« on: April 15, 2007, 12:29:00 AM »

Hello!

I am curious, but first read Ray's respond in email about Greek 'aidios'.

Dear Sherri:
I have answered this question many times. "Aidios" assuredly DOES NOT mean "eternal." It means imperceptible or invisable.  It has two elements "A"  = not, and "idios" = see or perceive. Hence "not see or not perceive."   What can BE seen in creation attests to what CANNOT BE SEEN in God's achievements.  The bonds of the angels are not visible and literal physical chains, but "imperceptible" chains. It is very similar to the word "h - ades," which is also un perceive, hence unseen or imperceptible.
God be with you,
Ray
(bolds are mine)

I would love to know where do I find in Greek of two elements, do you know? I love learning as always. Sometimes I am wondering in Greek word for 'aion' is 'a' = not and ion = ???. I wish I have knowledge of this. Hope you can help :).

Appreciate!

Brett :D

YellowStone

Re: 2 Elements in Greek
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 01:09:25 AM »

Hi Brett,

I certainly am know Greek scholar so I cannot offer much. However, Ray has written a wonderful article on 'aeonion.' I have come to know and trust his sources.

http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm

If you have not already done so, then check it out. :)

Love to you brother,
Darren

Brett

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 02:02:30 PM »

Thank you Darren.

I did have Ray's article of 'aeonian' in my file and did read last year, and I do not find Ray's mention in article of elements like 'a' = not and idios = perceptible except his e-mail.

I am looking for somewhere I can find Greek elements, E-Sword do not have, something like that. Maybe it is hard to find?

Brett :D

josh

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 12:12:42 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.