bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Virginia Tech...a vessle of dishonor?  (Read 5203 times)

hebrewroots98

Virginia Tech...a vessle of dishonor?
« on: April 18, 2007, 12:58:37 AM »

I need to see the spiritual side after hearing and seeing too much from the media about the massacre that took place at the University yesterday in Virginia. 

I know that God made vessles of honor and vessles of dishonor.  We are to be fruit inspectors and it is quite obvious that the fruit of the beast that caused all of the death and destruction was definately made for dishonor...

however, God will allow him to go through the White Throne judgement and be purged of all of his iniquities.

Let us not forget to pray for all of those whom are suffering right now~!

PKnowler

Re: Virginia Tech...a vessle of dishonor?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 11:10:53 AM »

The massacre in Virgina is a horrible tragedy! I pray that those who lost friends and loved ones, as well as everyone observing these events, will find their  comfort in the Lord. Even though we may not understand, we know that God will use these events for His purposes.

I was thinking about how our days are numbered and not all of us will die of old age. God knows! So though tragedy struck it was the alloted time, and manner for those who died. May God have mercy on us!

It helps to think that one day all the horrific events in this life will fade to nothingness.

Romans 8:18
    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

God be with us!
~Paula

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 08:22:13 PM by PKnowler »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »

amen Paula!  What the devil meant for bad, God will turn into good one of these days.

btw, nice myspace site!  lovely pics.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 12:17:42 PM »

Last night the news reporters mentioned that on this guys package that he had mailed to the news station that the RETURN NAME on it said only..... 'ISHMAEL'....(which is where the Muslims' geneology branches off from the biblical ...Ishmael... (and the Jews geneology came from Isaac)...which makes me wonder if he was not part of a (I hate to even say the word) terrorist group ???

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 01:42:21 PM »

Just to add a little to this thread.

This guy was an accident waiting to happen, and there were plenty who could see that this kid was very troubled. The truly sad thing is that 32 students had to die before this became public. God alone knew this was going to happen. God alone also knows the ones who he put in contact with this very troubled person, whom seen and did not act; who felt but did not protect.

I believe that there is a very valuable and perhaps necessary lesson in this tragic incident for us all. Yes, let us pray for those suffering, but pray for us as ambassadors of God, that we never turn away from the a person such as this.

Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.

Thanks Susan for starting this thread. :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 01:43:43 PM by YellowStone »

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 04:23:45 PM »

Just to add a little to this thread.

This guy was an accident waiting to happen, and there were plenty who could see that this kid was very troubled. The truly sad thing is that 32 students had to die before this became public. God alone knew this was going to happen. God alone also knows the ones who he put in contact with this very troubled person, whom seen and did not act; who felt but did not protect.

I believe that there is a very valuable and perhaps necessary lesson in this tragic incident for us all. Yes, let us pray for those suffering, but pray for us as ambassadors of God, that we never turn away from the a person such as this.

Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.

Thanks Susan for starting this thread. :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

Very true, Darren!
Administration, faculty, Police, room mates, students. They all addressed the situation and now must deal with the outcome.
A very good friend did a little intervening on my behalf one time, and it saved my life.

I know I could use a hug right now; so a BIG GROUP HUG goes out to all my Brothers & Sisters here.
Prayers going out for everyone as well.

YellowStone

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 04:31:49 PM »

You got it Patrick. A group hug does sound nice!

Love in Christ,
Darren

Redbird

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 05:20:02 PM »

Hello everyone ~

Yes, group hug to all..... we really need to stick together, now more than ever.

In Jesus Christ,
Lisa

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 06:25:03 PM »

Yes, Darren, intervention is essential if we ever hope to assist in the healing of the burdens of others.   

Patrick,
I'm glad that your friend intervened in your life, b/c I'm glad that you are here to give me and our brohters and sisters here a great big ole hug!  Thanks and hugs to each and everyone of you all as well! :D

The guy that did this had spoken about alot of spiritual talk (Jesus, Moses, etc...), but he was terribly confused spiritually.

In focusing on those lives that were taken, they were some very wonderful people it sounds!  It really made our country and world come together on so many different levels.  Each and everyone of them loved llife and were great contributors in the lives of others as well.  Our University here at Texas Tech even had a candlelight vigil the other night on Campus, which I thought was very touching and empathetic of our students and faculty and family members to vome together in a great show of support.

It was good to see someone (Billy Grahams' son) ministering  to all of those whom wanted it there at the Virg Tech campus; he is apparently from that town/area and had a child that graduated from there in 1998.

Shalom in the name of Yeshua our Messiah!!!   

chuckt

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 11:18:50 AM »

hi all.

what we wont see from the media is all the good that comes from this and  those that seek and find comfort in  EL ELYON

flesh man see's one thing, spiritual man see's another.

sound insensitive? if so sorry.

God in his providence allowed this to happen, the reasons are his and his alone.

our prayers for comfort are with all those that sufferd at this lost soul who did this to fellow human beings.

and to all directly involved.

love and grace
chuckt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 18 queries.