bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The lazy and the truth  (Read 5863 times)

mrl1970

The lazy and the truth
« on: April 18, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »

A lazy man  cannot find truth:

Proverbs 13:4
The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing;
      But the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.

Proverbs 12:24
 The hand of the diligent will rule,
      But the lazy man will be put to forced labor.

Proverbs 10:4,5
4 He who has a slack hand becomes poor,
      But the hand of the diligent makes rich.

5 He who gathers in summer is a wise son;
      He who sleeps in harvest is a son who causes shame.

Proverbs 6:6-11
       6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:

7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,

8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.

9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?

10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:

11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.

It is interesting that in Proverbs 6:7 that the ant has no guide, overseer, or ruler which to me sounds like the church leaders.

Do not seek after signs.

Mark 8:12
And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

Think about this: those who are seeking a sign are waiting for God to show them the truth not actively seeking it.

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:   :)

But what shall we seek:

John 7:18
He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

1 Chronicles 16:9-11   

9 Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works.

10 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.

11 Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.

Kat

Re: The lazy and the truth
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 04:55:38 PM »

Hi mrl,

You make a very good point here, I agree that the truth comes to those who diligently seek Him.
I will add a few scripture to your list.

Deu 4:29  But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him, if you search after Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Pro 8:17  I love those who love Me, and those who seek Me diligently find Me.

Jer 29:13  You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart,

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 05:58:17 PM »

You have started a great thread Mrl :

I read the Scripture that you posted about ants.

Proverbs 6:6-8

I recently seen a documentary on the "intelligence" of an ant; basically and has no intelect of its own; however, each ant "knows" one action. Throughout the ant colony there are many different actions shared by many ants that result in a "collective" intelligence.

I think we fall in this category very nicely. Of course we have God, but then so do the ants; however, there is not one man, woman or child that knows everything. :)

We, here follow no one man, Ray is neither our guide, overseer or ruler; therefore, we are very much like a colony of ants. Each one of us has been granted there own portion of the truth, a truth that if not shared with others, added to and nurtured would surely die. However, by coming together collectively and sharing insghts and revelations, each one of us can grow in the spirit through the collective truth between the bretheren that is freely available.

This is not to say that the ants do everything perfectly, for what one ant accomplishes, another may undo. But this does not stop the colony from achieving its goals, for the ants will keep on keeping on. I would like to think that we share that mentality also. :)

That we will be forgiving of one anothers mistakes, that we will correct any errors without holding grudges. That none of us would ever think of themselves more superior than another; or let prideful indignation get in the way of the common goal of reaching spiritual maturity. Likewise, if one does recieve correction, then it is not done for personal ratification but rather for the collective good of the forum.

Does this make sense. Comments welcome. :)

Love in Christ,
Darren

mrl1970

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 06:10:29 PM »

You have started a great thread Mel :

I read the Scripture that you posted about ants.

Proverbs 6:6-8

I recently seen a documentary on the "intelligence" of an ant; basically and has no intelect of its own; however, each ant "knows" one action. Throughout the ant colony there are many different actions shared by many ants that result in a "collective" intelligence.

I think we fall in this category very nicely. Of course we have God, but then so do the ants; however, there is not one man, woman or child that knows everything. :)

We, here follow no one man, Ray is neither our guide, overseer or ruler; therefore, we are very much like a colony of ants. Each one of us has been granted there own portion of the truth, a truth that if not shared with others, added to and nurtured would surely die. However, by coming together collectively and sharing insights and revelations, each one of us can grow in the spirit through the collective truth between the brethren that is freely available.

This is not to say that the ants do everything perfectly, for what one ant accomplishes, another may undo. But this does not stop the colony from achieving its goals, for the ants will keep on keeping on. I would like to think that we share that mentality also. :)

That we will be forgiving of one anothers mistakes, that we will correct any errors without holding grudges. That none of us would ever think of themselves more superior than another; or let prideful indignation get in the way of the common goal of reaching spiritual maturity. Likewise, if one does receive correction, then it is not done for personal ratification but rather for the collective good of the forum.

Does this make sense. Comments welcome. :)

Love in Christ,
Darren

I agree.  You draw great insight from what you have seen  on the documentary.

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 06:17:36 PM »

Hi mrl,

You make a very good point here, I agree that the truth comes to those who diligently seek Him.
I will add a few scripture to your list.

Deu 4:29  But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him, if you search after Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Pro 8:17  I love those who love Me, and those who seek Me diligently find Me.

Jer 29:13  You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart,

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Kat, there is much wisdom in the Scriptures you quote. (well of course) :)

I feel that there is a clear distinction made between "heart and soul" and that of "body, eyes and ears."

Without a doubt I experienced the difference in my 20's and 30's. God had graciously opened my heart and soul to him from a very early age. (I mentioned this in another thread) However, I grew impatient and wanted to find out more on my own. The more I sought God with my body, the more distant God became. I could feel him drawing away from me, so I would change direction and focus my search in a different direction.

I guess I was wanting to test God. Almost like bet odds against God. Of course I would always win, because God wouldn't come through for me. Was I prideful? No! I always knew I was missing something; something that I couldn't find. It was then I realized that God was with me, and all I needed was faith. Wow!! What a concept! :)

But faith came not from what I knew and certainly not from what I could prove, but rather from truth within that I knew to be true, but could not prove. I think this what is meant by seeking HIM with your Heart. A whole new world was made available to me; suddenly, I could see, feel God talking to me, teaching me in any number of ways. Things that were once over looked and treated as nothing became glaringly full of truth. It is very difficult to explain, but the journey since then has been amazing. He is still teaching me, acutally quite a few in this forum have taught me a lot. :)

Without a doubt, God treats a half-hearted search as it deserves. :)

Thanks Kat for bring this to mind,

Love to you in Christ,
Darren

rj

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 08:15:42 PM »

Hey Darren

I think i saw the show you were talking about...I also saw one about a tree in Africa, and i can't remember off the top of my head just how many different animals, and insect that were involved for the tree to produce fruit each year.

Then you say...We, here follow no one man, Ray is neither our guide, overseer or ruler; therefore, we are very much like a colony of ants. Each one of us has been granted there own portion of the truth, a truth that if not shared with others, added to and nurtured would surely die. However, by coming together collectively and sharing insghts and revelations, each one of us can grow in the spirit through the collective truth between the bretheren that is freely available.

I agree we follow no man, but this scripture came to mind as i was reading ....

1Co 12:28  And God hath set some,  in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

No i don't follow Ray the man, but i do believe Him to be a great teacher, who God has abundantly blessed with the knowledge of His word, and i thank God for Ray, and the sacrifice he, and his family has
given , so that a person like me would be able to hear the truth of Gods word..

rj

YellowStone

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 08:33:09 PM »

RJ, you wrote:

No i don't follow Ray the man, but i do believe Him to be a great teacher, who God has abundantly blessed with the knowledge of His word, and i thank God for Ray, and the sacrifice he, and his family has
given , so that a person like me would be able to hear the truth of Gods word

I could not agree with you more if I tried. :)

I did not want anyone to think that I am/was discounting Ray; however, he does not treat himself as the Pope, or as "some" spiritual leader who demands "his" followers, obey him to the last letter. In my opinion, Ray is not even seeking to be our Guide or Teacher, rather he knows full well that the gift of insight he has been given is from God, and if God chooses to use him, then so be it.

Our collective leader is of course God, but amongst our selves, brother Ray included, we follow no man. :)

I truly hope that his does not offend anyone, for I know full well that if not for the bible truths as presented by Ray, this forum would not be here. :)

Thanks be to God for his blessings on his people.

Darren

dogcombat

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 11:33:43 AM »

I love the symbolism in regard to the ants in this thread.  Once you get the symbolics, you get the truth.  Our Lord's ways are much higher than ours,

CHes

skydreamers

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 08:20:44 PM »

Anyone seen The Ant Bully?  If you have kids, this is a cute movie with a great message....similar to what you guys are talking about in this thread regarding ants.

Peace,
Diana
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.