bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noah and the Flood  (Read 6003 times)

Kat

Noah and the Flood
« on: April 18, 2007, 05:11:46 PM »

I was reading through the scripture about Noah and the flood.  I was thinking that there was a lot of scripture parallel to this story, so I put together some that I thought fit.  Interesting to see them together like this, so I thought I would share.

Gen 6:12  And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
v. 13  And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Zep 1:18  Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of His jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end He will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Rev 19:11  Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.
v. 12  His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name inscribed which no one knows but Himself.
v. 13  He is clad in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which He is called is The Word of God.
v. 14  And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, followed Him on white horses.
v. 15  From His mouth issues a sharp sword with which to smite the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; He will tread the wine press of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.

Rev 11:18  And the nations were full of wrath, and Your wrath came, and the time of the judging of the dead, and to give the reward to Your servants the prophets, and to the saints, and to the ones fearing Your name, to the small and to the great, and to destroy those destroying the earth.

Gen 6:17  For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

1Peter 3:18  For Christ also died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit;

1Peter 2:24  He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed.

Rev 20:11  Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it; from His presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.
v. 12  And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, by what they had done.
v. 13  And the sea gave up the dead in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done.

Gen 7:17  The flood continued forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bore up the ark, and it rose high above the earth.
v. 18  The waters prevailed and increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark floated on the face of the waters.
v. 19  And the waters prevailed so mightily upon the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered;

Hab 2:14  For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Isa 11:9  They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.

Gen 08:1  But God remembered Noah and all the beasts and all the cattle that were with him in the ark. And God made a wind blow over the earth, and the waters subsided;

Gen 08:6  At the end of forty days Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made,

Rev 22:16  "I Jesus have sent My angel to you with this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star."
v. 17  The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come." And let him who hears say, "Come." And let him who is thirsty come, let him who desires take the Water of Life without price.

Gen 08:15  Then God said to Noah,
v. 16  "Go forth from the ark, you and your wife, and your sons and your sons' wives with you.
v. 17  Bring forth with you every living thing that is with you of all flesh--birds and animals and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth--that they may breed abundantly on the earth, and be fruitful and multiply upon the earth."

Isa 2:4  He shall judge between the nations, and shall decide for many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Gen 08:20  Then Noah built an altar to the LORD, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

Isa 19:19  In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the LORD at its border.
v. 20  It will be a sign and a witness to the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt; when they cry to the LORD because of oppressors He will send them a Savior, and will defend and deliver them.
v. 21  And the LORD will make Himself known to the Egyptians; and the Egyptians will know the LORD in that day and worship with sacrifice and burnt offering, and they will make vows to the LORD and perform them.
Isa 19:22  And the LORD will smite Egypt, smiting and healing, and they will return to the LORD, and He will heed their supplications and heal them.

Hos 6:1  "Come, let us return to the LORD; for He has torn, that He may heal us; He has stricken, and He will bind us up.
v. 2  After two days He will revive us; on the third day He will raise us up, that we may live before Him.
v. 3  Let us know, let us press on to know the LORD; His going forth is sure as the dawn; He will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth."

Gen 9:16 so the bow shall be in the cloud,—and I will behold it, to remember an age-abiding covenant, between God, and every living soul among all flesh that is on the earth. (Rotherham)

Rev 4:2  At once I was in the Spirit, and lo, a throne stood in heaven, with One seated on the throne!
v. 3  And He who sat there appeared like jasper and carnelian, and round the throne was a rainbow that looked like an emerald.

If anyone has scripture to add or has a comment to make, please do.

Mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:11:04 AM by Kat »

Redbird

Re: Noah and the Flood
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 07:10:06 PM »

Dear Kat,

There are times when I read a post, and words can not describe the feeling I get in my heart.  This is one of those most beautiful moments.  With much admiration and gratitude to you.

Your sister in Christ,
Lisa

iris

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:31:49 PM »

Kat,

That was beautiful!
Thanks for sharing.

Iris

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 11:38:01 PM »

Wow i must say that was beautiful, how awsome! Great work :)

All to His glory,

Alex

rk12201960

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 12:24:15 PM »

HI Kat,
What a wonderful post.
I like to look at the post on here to see what our Lord is telling us.
We are few in numbers but rich in knowledge.
I know that the Lord speaks in all of us here and that's how I know what God wants me (us) to learn.

I see how close we really are to our Lords return I've been seeing it in many posts.
I think God is getting us ready in Rays letters also.

Blessings wisdom and peace to all.
Thanks for a wonderful and eye opening post Kat. ;D
In Christ
Randy  ;D 8) ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:27:16 PM by Randy »

skydreamers

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 08:07:46 PM »

Hi Kat, awesome post!  Thanks for sharing this study.

I find it interesting that Noah was 600 yrs old when the flood came:

Gen 7:6
Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters came upon the earth.

The number of man (in the flesh) seems to be linked to the number six:

Rev 13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him who has a mind calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is the number of mankind, and its number is six hundred sixty-six. (actually three sixes)

Is it possible that Noah's age represents something like the peak of sin in the flesh?

Gen 6:5
The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Then in Revelation we have three sixes...could this be completion in the experience of carnality before the change finally comes and we reach spiritual maturity?

We have six, then seven which is often referred to as God's number of completion  then eight which represents a new beginning.  (Example: the Last Great Day being the eighth day at the end of the last fall feast).

There were eight people in the ark: Noah and his wife, Noah's three sons and their wives....

Noah and his family....representing the remnant, the Elect, the chosen...a new beginning?

1Co 10:11
Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.

Peace,
Diana

iris

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 10:42:46 PM »

Hi Diana,

It's very interesting what you wrote about the number 8.
I don't remember reading about the number i in any of Ray's
papers. Maybe I just overlooked it. Do you know where
in Ray's papers that might be found. I would love to read
what he says about it. Thanks.

Iris

skydreamers

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 01:44:28 AM »

Hi Iris,

I don't know that Ray speaks about the number eight specifically...I thought I had read it in his writings somewhere but now I can't find it.  But he does talk about The Last Great Day:
---------------------
JESUS TAUGHT THE PURPOSE OF THE FALL HARVEST

The eighth day of this Feast of Tabernacles was called "The Last Great Day of the Feast." Jesus Christ Himself came to the Feast of Tabernacles in Jerusalem and spoke on the Last Great Day:

"In the last day, that GREAT DAY OF THE FEAST, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If ANY MAN thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of LIVING WATER" (John 7:37-38).

At what point in future prophecy, will Jesus Christ CUT OFF the invitation to all and any who are athirst to drink of His LIVING WATERS? Our Lord NEVER cuts off the invitation to drink of the living waters. These waters (a symbol for God’s SPIRIT) will be available until every creature in heaven and earth is saved:

"And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the FOUNTAIN OF THE WATER OF LIFE FREELY" (Rev. 21:6).

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And WHOSOEVER WILL, let him take the WATER OF LIFE FREELY" (Rev. 22:17).

And this declaration is made just five verses before the END OF THE BIBLE!
---------------------
WHEN IS IT TOO LATE TO BE SAVED?

But are these Scriptures believed? In the "the end," in "the last day ," in that "GREAT DAY OF THE FEAST," can "ANY" man really and truly drink of Christ if he is thirsty, or will it be TOO LATE?

"If ANY MAN THIRST, let him come unto Me, and DRINK."

What about the Rich man in the parable who said,

"...be merciful to me [is God a God of mercy?] and send Lazarus that he should be dipping the tip of his finger in water and cooling my tongue..." (Luke 16:24).

Can this Rich man come to Christ and "drink"? Ask your pastor. The answer will probably be, "NO, he cannot come to Christ and drink, because for him IT IS TOO LATE."

"TOO LATE?" The "END," the "END of the Feast," "the LAST day," "the LAST great day of the Feast," is, "TOO LATE?" NO! The LAST great day of the feast is NOT too late. The LAST GREAT DAY OF THE FEAST IS WHEN Jesus said let "ANY MAN" freely come and drink of the water of life:

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the END ... I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the WATER OF LIFE FREELY" (Rev. 21:6)

"In the LAST DAY, that GREAT DAY OF THE FEAST, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If ANY MAN THIRST [even the Rich man] LET HIM COME UNTO ME, AND DRINK" (Jn. 7:37-38).

http://bible-truths.com/lake4.html

-------------------------------------------

If you have e-sword you can look up the number eight and see where God uses this number throughout scripture.  It seems to have some indication in some instances of something significant ending and something better beginning.

For instance, circumcision happened on the eighth day.  And we know this is a spiritual circumcision of the heart:  putting away the old man of sin for a new spiritual man.

Gen 17:12
(12)  He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised. Every male throughout your generations, whether born in your house or bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring,

Col 2:11
(11)  In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,

Eph 4:21-24
(21)  if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
(22)  that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
(23)  and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
(24)  and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

Lev 8:33
(33)  And you shall not go outside the door of the tabernacle of meeting for seven days, until the days of your consecration are ended. For seven days he shall consecrate you.

Lev 9:1-2
(1)  On the eighth day Moses called Aaron and his sons and the elders of Israel,
(2)  and he said to Aaron, "Take for yourself a bull calf for a sin offering and a ram for a burnt offering, both without blemish, and offer them before the LORD.

Heb 10:19-20
19)  Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
(20)  By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

1Pe 3:20
(20)  because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water.

2Pe 2:5
(5)  and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;

Rev 17:11
(11)  As for the beast that was and is not, it is an eighth but it belongs to the seven, and it goes to destruction.

I've been doing some studying on numbers lately and find the patterns significant...still praying for more insight as to their spiritual meanings....

Peace,
Diana

iris

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 03:30:33 PM »

Hi Diana,

Thank you for taking the time to look for this information. I was really looking for something on the number 8.

I remembered reading about the Fall Harvest in Ray's paper. I'm going to read that paper again, and do some more research on the number 8.

Thank you so much for the time you put into finding this information.

Iris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.