bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ages prepared by a saying of God  (Read 3934 times)

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Ages prepared by a saying of God
« on: April 18, 2007, 06:14:43 PM »

While studying tonight I came across Heb 11:3.

The King James didn't make much sense to me:

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Heb 11:3 KJV)

I saw that "worlds" was translated from G165, so I checked out Young's Literal Translation:

by faith we understand the ages to have been prepared by a saying of God, in regard to the things seen not having come out of things appearing; (Heb 11:3 YLT)

Preparing the ages (all events) is quite a difference from just framing a physical world (or worlds as the KJV has it)!!

Yet another proof of how things are LOST in translation...

Thought I'd just share my little discovery with you.

PS. I'm reading the forum, but lately I have been to busy to post. Miss you all, God bless you!
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

gmik

Re: Ages prepared by a saying of God
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 08:40:34 PM »

Hi Eggi

I love that!  What about the 2nd half?  Is it just talking about atoms and such that we can't see or is there a BT explanation?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.