bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tongues  (Read 5709 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tongues
« on: April 19, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »

> Dear Mr. L. Ray
    > what you wrote about speaking in tongues interests me , could
    > you please answer when you can my question i'm having trouble with. In cor. 14:2
    > , i'd like you to tell me what that means if you would, thank you for your time,
    > i know it's alot to ask you to stop and answer, but i would definately
    > appreciate it. God bless you

Dear Readers:
    The overly-weak in the spirit Corinthians were given a marvelous gift of speaking in
    a language that they did not know. Now then, there was two ways this gift could be
    used: [1]  One could be selfish and "edify himself" (Verses 2 and 4) or he could use it
    to "prophesy [inspired speaking] to the "edification, and exhortation, and comfort" of
    the entire congregation, which REQUIRED AN INTERPRETER (Verse 5).

Most Pentecostal "tongue talkers" don't even speak in a language, and they certainly
    do not edify the congregation.  This gift is like a father who has five sacks of grocery,
    but eats it all by himself not sharing any of it with his hungry family. Yes, HIS belly is
    filled, and HIS body is nourished, and HIS cravings are satisfied, but who care anything
    about HIS FAMILY?

Listen: My article on speaking in tongues will not persuade one single person to give
    up this lust of the carnal mind. It takes a miracle from God.

God be with you,
    Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Tongues
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 06:39:34 AM »

I'm not asking you to argue Mr. Smith, i Never even said I believe in tongues, i'm just trying to find out what you think about the scripture where it says when you speaking in tongues you don't speak to men but to God. and you speak mysteries.... in mark 16:17 Jesus said and they shall cast out devils in my name and speak with new tongues.... Does that "new tongues" mean new language?. If I am waisting your time i appologize but this is Important to me because if it's true, i want it, but if it's not, i want to be able to disprove everyone that has these scriptures without having to say i don't know, i just don't believe. I hope u understand

Dear Justin:
        I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. It sounded to me like you were defending the "tongue talkers" of the world.  Mark 16:17 does not appear on many Greek Manuscripts, but even so, "tongues" always means "languages." You need to ask yourself this question: If the Corinthians were using their gift of "languages" properly, WHY did Paul use an entire chapter to CORRECT THEM?  What were they doing WRONG? If the Church of tongue talkers today is not doing anything WRONG with their gibberish, then why is it that not one of them will give me an examples of these mysteries revealed to them, and how is it then that the Church has been edified by such babbling if they don't even know WHAT it is that they are babbling about?

One day...........ONE DAY, I will record some of this babbling nonsense from these Pentecostal churches where they DO have a translator/interpreter, and I will then take those tapes and play they to OTHER tongue-babbling ministers, and ask THEM to interpret these same "mysterious messages in tongue babbling" to me without the benefit of hearing the original interpretation. I guarantee you that they will all REFUSE to do so, as they will know what it is that I am doing, and they will not allow themselves to contradict the ministers who gave the first and original interpretations to these same "mysterious message," and thus either making a liar out of themselves or the first ministers.

Or, perhaps one of our readers will take up this challenge and check it out this experiment for me, as my time is already spread very thin over too many activities.

God be with you,
        Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.