bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Catholic Church buries limbo after centuries.  (Read 6400 times)

andrevan

Catholic Church buries limbo after centuries.
« on: April 21, 2007, 12:29:47 AM »

I found this article interesting and a good example of what a complete mess the Mother Harlot is in, along with all her daughters.

"Catholic Church buries limbo after centuries

By Philip Pullella Fri Apr 20, 2:21 PM ET
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Roman Catholic Church has effectively buried the concept of limbo, the place where centuries of tradition and teaching held that babies who die without baptism went.

In a long-awaited document, the Church's International Theological Commission said limbo reflected an "unduly restrictive view of salvation."

The 41-page document was published on Friday by Origins, the documentary service of the U.S.-based Catholic News Service, which is part of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.

Pope Benedict, himself a top theologian who before his election in 2005 expressed doubts about limbo, authorized the publication of the document, called "The Hope of Salvation for Infants Who Die Without Being Baptised."

The verdict that limbo could now rest in peace had been expected for years. The document was seen as most likely the final word since limbo was never part of Church doctrine, even though it was taught to Catholics well into the 20th century.

"The conclusion of this study is that there are theological and liturgical reasons to hope that infants who die without baptism may be saved and brought into eternal happiness even if there is not an explicit teaching on this question found in revelation," it said.

"There are reasons to hope that God will save these infants precisely because it was not possible (to baptize them)."

The Church teaches that baptism removes original sin which stains all souls since the fall from grace in the Garden of Eden.

"NO NEGATION OF BAPTISM"
The document stressed that its conclusions should not be interpreted as questioning original sin or "used to negate the necessity of baptism or delay the conferral of the sacrament."

Limbo, which comes from the Latin word meaning "border" or "edge," was considered by medieval theologians to be a state or place reserved for the unbaptized dead, including good people who lived before the coming of Christ.

"People find it increasingly difficult to accept that God is just and merciful if he excludes infants, who have no personal sins, from eternal happiness, whether they are Christian or non-Christian," the document said.

It said the study was made all the more pressing because "the number of nonbaptised infants has grown considerably, and therefore the reflection on the possibility of salvation for these infants has become urgent."
The commission's conclusions had been widely expected.

In writings before his election as Pope in 2005, the then Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger made it clear he believed the concept of limbo should be abandoned because it was "only a theological hypothesis" and "never a defined truth of faith."

In the Divine Comedy, Dante placed virtuous pagans and great classical philosophers, including Plato and Socrates, in limbo. The Catholic Church's official catechism, issued in 1992 after decades of work, dropped the mention of limbo."

Note the importance of baptism, especially for infants, in order to receive salvation. What on earth did Jesus Christ die for??? Truly Christendom is the biggest blasphemer of God our Savior!
I'm just thankful to God that I'm not under the influence of her wine.

God's peace to you all.
Andrevan.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070420/ts_nm/pope_limbo_dc

hebrewroots98

Re: Catholic Church buries limbo after centuries.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 12:24:40 PM »

YOU GO BROTHER!  that was said quite well!  (What did HE die for then?)  I'm glad you brought this up b/c I had heard something on it and but the news slipped away and I never heard anymore on it.  AMAZING!!!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 12:35:58 PM »

Hello Andrevan

Thank you for that up date. I used to be a Minister of the Word in the Roman Catholic Church and have been forgiven and through the goodness of Christ I have been healed and separated from its heretical teachings!

The author of that article appears to me to be a Catholic! Quote:

The document was seen as most likely the final word since limbo was never part of Church doctrine, even though it was taught to Catholics well into the 20th century.

How does that figure? ...since limbo was NEVER part of the Church doctrine EVEN THOUGH IT WAS TAUGHT....How does that fit? ;D :D Whew ....talk about contradiction!

Like, I will teach you to shoot the gun, how to aim it and pull the trigger and hit the target, but I do not own the gun and it is not part of my doctrine! ;D  ;D but I will teach you how to kill and to shut heaven away from those who will be wanting to enter. How is that for a stumbling block!

When I was drunk on such heresy and deception, I could not see the truth and now I am blessed and free of such harlotry for which I am so grateful and thankful. Theirs is the comfort of camaraderie and fellowship of numbers, self approval and blind leading the blind until Jesus decides who will and who will not see and hear in these times of dark deception such as the world has never known before!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

andrevan

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:24:30 AM »

Hi Susan and Arcturus.

since limbo was NEVER part of the Church doctrine EVEN THOUGH IT WAS TAUGHT

Good you pointed this out Arcturus, how many other things were taught but not considered doctrine I wonder. As you were once right in amongst it ;) did you ever hear about the Catholic superstition in Peru where a river was said to cause cursed parents to have children with the "mermaid syndrome"? My wife watched a doco on tv the other night that showed these traumatized parents quickly baptizing their "mermaid" child in case it died and I guess, went into "limbo". Bizarre and creepy!  :o

God bless.
Andrevan.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 11:55:56 AM »

Hello Andre',  no, I never heard of that one, but, what amazes me is that millions believe in those Virgin Mary statues that cry real tears :'( or those Jesus statues that drip real blood ???, or in my city, years ago there were many that gathered around a catholic church and swore that they all saw the virgin Mary coming in the clouds  :oand that she had a message for them. ??? 

Or how about thousands of people whom still parade through the cities by carrying a heavy cross till they were bleeding; or walking on their knees until their bloody knees looked like...well, a mess! :-\  And those whom slap themselves silly...or shall I say, beat theselves to a pulp..... :-[

I thank God that HE doesn't require that kind of sacrifice and that HE never has nor will!!! ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 04:51:22 PM »

I guess there is doubless many pagan rituals we still do not know about Andrevan and Susan.

I feel so blessed to have been called out!....and to find others in this corrupt, decieved and wicked world who too, have been dragged away from the drunken state of Mystery Babylon and its plagues!

peace to you

hebrewroots98

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 05:15:16 PM »

yep, drunk with the wine of her plagues FOR YEARS and didn't even know that I was drunk...amazing. ::)  Now that I am sober with the Truth and my eyes are wide open and I am set free from the wrath of untruths, but my heart breaks when I know of so many people who have faith but not truth.  My.... how I get persecuted regularly by Mystery Babylonians for knowing and living the truth instead of remianing blind and fellowshipping with the blind masses!  This is the toughest part in life; remembering that we are not carnal, rather spiritual in a carnal world!!! :-\ :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 05:43:01 PM »

Hello Susan

Here is what came to mind after reading your post. You are not alone! ;D

Here is a excerpt from an email sent to Ray.   Understanding?
« on: Yesterday at 01:20:38 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray,

Question #3
In so many of your comments, you seem to be sarcastic or angry at the masses of us who are ignorant.  Why is that?  It's always been a personal understanding of mine that such emotions are fathered by satan.  What do you think?

COMMENT:  I am afraid that you along with many thousands of detractors attribute to me emotions that do not exist in me toward other people. I EXPOSE the evil doctrines and heresies of the Church, but more specifically the teachings of those leaders within the Church.  Most of the Christian world has never been exposed to the real Jesus Who used some very harsh language when "upbraiding" (check the meaning of that word in Strong's Greek Dictionary) the hypocritical religious leaders of His time. Here is just one example:

JESUS UPBRAIDS THE CHURCH LEADERS FOR THEIR GROSS SINS
[selections from Matthew 23]

"But WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… FOR YOU SHUT UP THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN AGAINST MEN…

…THEY BIND HEAVY BURDENS and GRIEVOUS to be born, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but will not move them with ONE OF THEIR FINGERS

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… you DEVOUR WIDOW’S HOUSES… you shall receive the greater damnation.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES…

WOE unto you, ye BLIND GUIDES…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You… have omitted… JUDGMENT, MERCY, and FAITH…

You BLIND GUIDES, which strain out a gnat, and SWALLOW A CAMEL.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… within they are full of EXTORTION AND EXCESS.

You BLIND PHARISEES…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You are FULL OF DEAD MEN’S BONES, and ALL UNCLEANESS… and HYPOCRISY and INIQUITY…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES!… you are the children of them which KILLED the prophets. FILL YOU UP then the measure of your fathers.

You SERPENTS, you GENERATION OF SNAKES… you KILL AND CRUCIFY… you SCOURGE in your synagogues… Behold your house is left unto you DESOLATE"!!

WOW! Every one of these comments from Matt. 23 were spoken directly to the "Religious Scholars and Theologians" in the Church of God centered at the Temple in Jerusalem. Would Jesus speak in the same manner to the Religious Scholars and Theologians in God’s Church today? Does Jesus "change"? NO. Has the Church changed in the past 2000 years? YES. It has gotten WORSE.

I am sure that those who loved their Pharisees and church leaders in Christ day would have made the same remarks toward Jesus as your are making toward me.

God be with you,

Ray

I'm not trying to start a war with you.  I'm trying to understand your teachings.  Some of what you teach is new to me probably because of my Baptist upbringing, but I'm trying to understand and make sure that I am "rightly dividing" the Word.

Thank You,
Bill

Peace to you Susan and all others who are being persecuted, mis-understood and hated! ;D

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 06:13:33 PM »

"Limbo"?

Insane! Never heard of that. Appears that there are TWO different limbos.
"Limbo of the Fathers" and "Limbo of the Children".

Saint Thomas Aquinas described the limbo of children as an eternal state of natural joy, untempered by any sense of loss at how much greater their joy might have been had they been baptized. He argued that this was a reward of natural happiness for natural virtue; a reward of supernatural happiness for merely natural virtue would be inappropriate since, due to original sin, unbaptized children lack the necessary supernatural grace. Wikipedia - Limbo

"Would be inappropriate" according to who??? Thomas Aquinas really talked too much and thought too little...

Depressing...

This kind of limbo is way better:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_(dance)
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

andrevan

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 11:30:48 AM »

This kind of limbo is way better:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_(dance)

:D ;D Eggi, what a laugh I had when I read this, bless you!

Andrevan.

[Now if I can just get under that bar without doing myself an injury... ;D]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.