bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repent?  (Read 5591 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Repent?
« on: April 21, 2007, 06:42:20 AM »

Ray,
         This question is coming from reading the "Twelve God-Given Truths To Understanding HIS WORD...Truth # 4. It says...We are all in Adam. We do all that Adam did. The last sentence in that paragraph says...And now the last Adam ( Christ ) lives His life in us (Gal. 2:20), BUT NOT UNTIL "WE REPENT" of the first Adam of the flesh, living his life in us.
           Thats where I'm missing something. I'm not understanding how or what it is that I,I,I am suppose to repent of so that Christ can live His Life in me. I believe from the various articles from your website and reading many of the scriptures from my KJ Bible, that ALL will be saved! So WHAT( as a beliver in the Good News) is it that I need to repent of.
        Thanks
        Jim

Dear Jim:
        Primarily, we must repent of our "carnal minds" which HATE God (I realize that most people do not believe that they ever hated God, but by their disobedience, they prove that they did), which are at the root cause of all our other sins. We repent of not only what we have done wrong, but the reason why we did wrong in the first place.  The human heart which is the seat of our emotions and morality or lack thereof, "is deceitful above all things and exceedingly WEAK--who can know it" (Jer. 17:9, Jewish Publication Society), Although all will be saved, not one will be saved until he repents of his sins, accepts Jesus Christ as the Saviour of his soul, and learns to live a godly life.

Ask God to grant to you repentance (Rom. 2:4).

God be with you,
        Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.