bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: World trends in population and environmental conditions  (Read 7997 times)

Kat

World trends in population and environmental conditions
« on: April 22, 2007, 12:45:24 PM »

These are some interesting charts and statistics I thought I would share.
I think they speak for themselves.
Here is a link to the sight:
http://www.people.eku.edu/ritchisong/317notes3.html

-According to the U.S. Census Bureau as of Oct 2011 the world population hit 7,000,000,000 12 years again from 6 billion.
-2,000 years ago the estimated human population was 150 million
-By 1850, the human population was one billion. By 1930, it was 2 billion.
-It took 10,000 generations to reach 2 billion.
-The human population is now growing at a rate of about 3 people/second or 260 thousand/day or 1.8 million per week or 93 million/year

-Nearly half the earth's land mass already has been changed by human activity - wetlands filled in, forests cut down, prairies plowed under.

-Runoff from farms, industries, and urban areas has resulted in some 50 "dead zones" in coastal waters, including one in the Gulf of Mexico.

-Desertification is the conversion of productive rangeland or cropland into desertlike land. It is usually caused by a combination of overgrazing, soil erosion, prolonged drought and climate change.

While grain yields per acre have been increasing steadily until 1990, the rate of  increase has fallen off in the last 10 years. Most of the benefits of irrigation, machinery, fertilizer and plant breeding have already been realized. The production of grain per acre is close to the maximum obtainable through photosynthesis. Geneticists are working on improving the efficiency of photosynthesis, and that may turn out to be possible, but given that nature has been working on the problem for several hundred million years, there is no guarantee that we can improve on the process in the next 10 to 20 years. 

Conservation of Wildlife Resources
Instructor: Gary Ritchison
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:07:56 PM by Kat »

Deborah-Leigh

Re: World trends in population and environmental conditions
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 01:10:35 PM »

Excellent Kat!

I have heard of the DVD called The Ozone. It is produced by Vice President to Clinton A. Gore. Apparently it too shows where the earth is heading as was foretold in the Scriptures. Here is one for Global Warming. :D

Rev 16 : 8 Then the fourth angel emptied out his bowl upon the SUN and it was permitted to burn humanity with fierce glowing heat fire.....

The scientists might think it is the depletion of the Ozone layer! It is the plan of God! How it happens is irrelevant. THAT it is going to happen is prophesy.

I believe there will be a time soon, when the world will realise what is about to come upon them and the terror and fear will reach epic proportions. Those who are depending on Christ will be shielded from the terrors while others will have no covering and they will be filled with great fear and dread.

Luke 21 : 26 Men swooning away or expiring with fear and dread and apprehension and expectation of the things that ARE COMING ON THE WORLD; for the very powers of the heavens will be shaken and caused to totter. 

Mark 4 : 19 ...the cares of this world...choke the word....

Rev 3 : 10 Because you have guarded and kept My word of patient endurance, have held fast the lesson of My patience with the expectant endurance that I gave you, I also will keep you safe from the hour of trial, testing which IS COMING ON THE WHOLE WORLD to try those who dwell upon the earth.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 01:16:42 PM by Arcturus »

pylady

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 02:05:56 PM »

Kat thank you for that post.  That was so interesting. 
Arcturus and Kat, do you think that these prophesies will have a literal fulfillment as well as a spiritual one?  That brings to mind a scripture in Rev 11:18

"And the nations were enraged, and Thy wrath came, and the time came... to destroy those who destroy the earth."

with Christian love,
                            Cindy

Kent

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 02:50:25 PM »

Thank you!

I am passing this on to some other boards.

Kent

gmik

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 12:36:54 AM »

Fascinating charts & graphs Kat.

Arc, I thought Rev. 16:8 was totally symbolic- well really I guess I believed that All of Rev was one giant metaphor/parable.

I haven't been "afraid" of world events since I starting reading BT. And Rev. did scare the beejeebies outta me. :D

Global warming??? A few days ago it was freezing here and snowing (altho it didn't stick).  Today was 80 out!

Redbird

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 12:47:51 AM »

Kat,

That was a sobering and excellent post. I agree, Arcturus.  Now, I know some people who are big time into conspiracy theories.  I try to tell them it is ALL IN GOD'S HANDS.  They just can not understand or fathom that! "How it happens is irrelevant.  THAT it is going to happen is prophesy!"  So true, my friends.

God be with us,
Lisa

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 04:36:06 PM »

An uplifting response to Cindy Kat!

G. I can not fault you on your understanding that the Scriptures are Spirit and spoken in parables. The signs of the times are for those who have ears and eyes and I believe this refers to events we see taking place within and this might only be secondary in what we see in world events.

The world darkness is getting progressively darker and has been for over two thousand years. As the wickedness ascends to heights unpresidented it is within, we are being guided to green pastures of peace and trust in Christ while some are dreaming dreams and seeing visions not of dramatic silver screen Hollywood type seductions but in real everyday personal terms that may be too personal to speak of in many cases and held in trust by those who do not wish to appear stupid or famous, decieved or enlightened, or even questionalble if their experiences were to be disclosed.

The time is one and the time is now for the entirity of the Bible but few will know it and will die not knowing only to be resurrected to be corrected. All life is being lived in the sight of God, in the Presence of HIS SON and the judgement is NOW for those who are chosen.

This means, nevermind about global warming or for looking for signs! The time is NOW. When the NOW time intersects with the end time and coming of Christ, as Kat has presented in the Scriptures, the elect will be spared the trial that is coming upon the world.

Peace to you

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 04:45:27 PM by Arcturus »

andrevan

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 11:43:25 AM »

Thanks Kat, very interesting.

From a biological point of view, we are becoming more and more genetically impure as well. Our gene pool is accumulating and retaining more and more genetic mutations, contributing to an increase in all kinds of diseases. Mankind is running out of steam, so to speak, but thanks be to God, He is going to restore all things and be all in all.

God's peace to you.
Andrevan.

pylady

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 02:34:24 PM »

2Peter:4-6  "Where is the promiseof His coming?  Everything continues as it always  been.  For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and by water, through which the world at that time was destroyed being flooded with water.  But the present heavens and earth by His word are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men."

The waters that God used to destroy mankind in Noah's day were there for them to see, but "It escaped their notice".    the present heavens and earth reserved for fire are in front of their eyes too, but they do not recognize it as the word of God. 

Matt 24:39  "and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be."

Thanks again, Kat, for all this information.  Of course what the Lord is doing in His people spiritually is most important.  But He did tell Noah he was going to destroy the earth by means of a flood, so it seems to me the things coming on the earth now He doesn't want them to "escape our notice" today.  Unlike the world we can now see it as God's judgment, but it seems to me (of course, I can be wrong)  that the world will not know this until the very end when His judgments come and they are swept away.

Any thoughts on this?

With Christian love,

cindy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 04:13:27 PM »

Excellent information. Thank you Kat!

:) Perhaps Cindy, Nuclea fall out is the natural consequence of Gods consuming fire!

Peace to you

iris

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 05:39:55 PM »

Cindy, i tried to find the scripture you quoted,
but could not find it. The scripture is familiar
but is not at 2Peter:4-6. I wanted to bookmark
the scripture, do you know where it is at?
Thanks.

Iris

pylady

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »

Sorry Iris.  The Scripture is 2Peter 3:4-7.

Kat

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 08:02:03 PM »

Hi Cindy,

But He did tell Noah he was going to destroy the earth by means of a flood, so it seems to me the things coming on the earth now He doesn't want them to "escape our notice" today.  Unlike the world we can now see it as God's judgment, but it seems to me (of course, I can be wrong)  that the world will not know this until the very end when His judgments come and they are swept away.

Yes I too believe the things coming to the earth will not "escape our notice" today, that is what I believe is meant by, "you are not in darkness..."

1Th 5:4  But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

But I feel the world will not be aware of what is happening, even as it comes upon them.  The ignorance and false teachings that they have learned will have them so confused, they just won't have a clue. 
But they will give account and be judged and all be taught the truth, though it might take a little while for them to start to get it.

1Peter 4:5  But they shall give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.
v. 6  For to this end the gospel was preached also to the dead (spiritually), that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the Spirit.

I believe that those who are having their eyes open, will be made ready for His return, but you must stay vigilent.

Luk 21:34  And take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts are weighed down with headaches and drinking and anxieties of this life; and that day should suddenly come on you;
v. 35  for it shall come as a snare on all those sitting on the face of the whole earth.
v. 36  Watch therefore, praying in every season that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things which shall occur, and to stand before the Son of Man.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

iris

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 09:55:29 PM »

Sorry Iris.  The Scripture is 2Peter 3:4-7.

Thank you Cindy!!!  :-*

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 08:56:56 AM »

Hello Kat

I agree with you. I also see the word STAND as very important in the scriptures you present for us to meditate upon.

That word STAND appears in Ephesians and in Romans. We are born in weakness and only God can make us STAND as you note Kat that some are being prepared to do just that.

...."having DONE ALL....STAND therefore" Eph 6 : 13,14 and "God is ABLE to MAKE YOU STAND" Rom 14;4

We can not stand in our own strength that will continue to fail, fold and falter but in Christ's Faith we will experience the Glory of STANDING!

Gods ways are not easy but they are Perfect! :)

Peace to you Sis'

« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:58:35 AM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.