bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a few questions that i need answers to please anyone?  (Read 6450 times)

debbysnotary

I have a few questions that i need answers to please anyone?
« on: April 22, 2007, 04:14:37 PM »

hi first of all id like to say im still pretty new here BUT i am in mind like with this truths. Everything i dont understand of course ..Im not too smart but I am willing to learn always.
Im confused on the scripture I think its in Romans (which i was told romans was wrote only to the Christians,if ya been saved DA DA DA...) also Acts is the setting up of the church today a example of how its suppose to be today set up? but the scripture I dont understand is where we are not to forsake the assembly and women are to remain silent, ok several questions lol
1.Was Romans wrote for the Already proclaimed Christian?
2.Was does forsaking the assembly mean? if we dont have to attend some church that dont teach truth anyhow.
3.Woman are to remain silent in church?
4.Woman are not to preach ? I know the man has the authority are a woman not talking about that.
5.Women are to teach other women,children Not MEN????
these things confuse me to whether I am allowed to talk to men about scripture... I know im a pain in the backside with questions BUT it is the only way i will understand anything. thanks in advance to whomever can answer these for me please...

gmik

Re: I have a few questions that i need answers to please anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 12:27:05 AM »

Hi ya Debby-  you are NOT a pain in anyones backside!!! ;)

These same questions come up from time to time.  Did you check thru Ray's e mails- either here on the forum from Kat & Diana or on the BT website??

Try that or maybe someone will come along and answer.  Not me but I just wanted to tell you that you weren't a pain!!

Kat

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 12:54:21 AM »

Hi Debby,

To your question on women teaching, here is an email from Ray that should explain that for you.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2144.0.html ---------

What is your view point with regards to women teaching in church?  Take consideration of the following scriptures:

1. 1 Cor. 14:34.
   2. Galatians 3:27-28

Regards,

George

Dear George:

I am thinking that you believe Gal. 3:27 voids out I Cor. 14:34?  If it does, the why would Paul have written it?

The answer is quote simple:

"IN CHRIST" there is no "male or female."  But, IN THE FLESH there still is male and female, otherwise homosexuality would not be a sin. Can you see how silly that approach to this Scripture would be?

We are still in physical bodies and we are still male and female, and as such the man is the head of the woman just as Jesus is the head of the Church. And as such, Paul did not permit women to preach or teach in the congregation.  However, there are many situation in which women can teach: to their children (both girls and boys); on the telephone, in letters, in group discussions, etc.  I believe their teaching is just pretty much limited in the area of not getting in front of an assembly of men and women and being featured as the main speaker or teacher. Not that she might not be able or qualified, but rather it is a matter of subjection to authority.  I have never done a long study on this subject, but I have read several papers by those who have, and most of them are shot through with theological holes.

God be with you,

Ray
----------------------------------------------------

For your question, is Romans for Christians and Acts being an example for setting up the church today, these type questions would take a great deal of explaining. 
I believe in order for you to come to a good understanding of the church and Christianity, you need to read through the BT Lake of Fire series, if you have not already.  This is a 16 part series that goes into great detail in explaining the real Truth as to what Jesus Christ and later the apostles taught in the NT. 
Here is a link to the Bible Truths site;

http://bible-truths.com/

If you read through the BT site it should answer most all of your questions  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 12:59:43 AM by Kat »

gmik

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 12:56:26 AM »

YEEEAAAA Kat!

debbysnotary

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 01:12:01 AM »

thanks Kat, I did read this and I am still on the lake of fire series, Im slow in reading coz i look up things in Bible as I go, so im still in the start of the series, PLUS I been listening to the audio tapes too, So I will get there and find my answers sooner or later, Im sorry i thought there just might be a easy answer LOL no such thing i guess.. Thanks for your time, much appreicated, and glad to know im not a pain, NOW tell that to my Beau ROFLMBO ;) ;) ;)

Kat

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 11:24:25 AM »

Hi Debby,

I know what you mean, it took me 7 months to study all the BT site.  And I have been back over it since, and read over parts of it many times. 
I guess what I'm saying is you are doing good to take your time and study throught it, because there is so much there. 
But the thing is the first time you read it, you don't have the understanding of the things that are ahead in the articles, so you have to read it a second time to get an understanding of the things you didn't know about the first time  ;)  See what I mean? 
That goes with all understanding, I have my understanding, because of all what I have learned, to build apond what I can preceive now.

Isa 28:9 Whom, would he teach knowledge? And, whom, would he cause to understand the message? Them who are weaned from the milk? taken from the breasts?
v. 10 For it is—Precept upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line,—A little here a little there.

I will be glad to help you with anything you may be having trouble understanding.  But ultimately most of what you know comes from your own studies  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 04:19:06 PM »

Excellent reply Kat.  I have found that as I spiritually grow, rereading the LOF series has become more and more valuable to me.  The same is true for reading the scriptures; I see things I just didn't see before.  As we are blessed with more understanding, the "light" truly gets brighter.

Rene'

skydreamers

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 01:28:59 PM »

Hi Debby,

Please don't think you are ever a pain!  This is the place to come to ask questions.  We are looking to help each other grow spiritually in whatever way we can. 

Something that might help build your understanding is a great audio by Ray about women's destinies:

Esther - The Destiny of Women
http://www.aionios.com/mp3s/Ray_DestinyOfWoman.mp3

If you have the time, I would highly recommend giving this a listen.

Peace,
Diana

cherokee

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 01:17:38 PM »

Debby,

These were good questions and helped me learn more about a subject I thought I understood, until I read this post. Your questions not only helped me, but may have helped others as well, so it is good to ask.

Diana,

Your reply with the audio was a great help. I did not rememeber seeing it in the audio section, so went and looked thinking I may have some how missed it. I did not find it. Was wondering if there are more of Ray's audios out there and where I might find them. Thanks.

Ever learning in Christ,
Suzie

debbysnotary

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 01:35:20 PM »

THANK YOU EVERYONE, THAT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER THAT MY QUESTIONS ACTUALLY  helped someone else, cool, im glad it helped you!! I am gonna listen to audio tape right now... I also couldnt find it in the list on audios, i would like to know where to get more of them coz i think i have listened to almost all of them now, some of them I couldnt listen too coz volume wasnt right or something, it was mumbled so i missed those ones, i think it was conference ones a big long list of them that i didnt hear.
BUT i would like to know where there is more of them, i love hearing Ray talk and teach!!

debbysnotary

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 03:39:33 PM »

THANKS TO MRS RAY TOO: READ ON DOWN THRU OF WHY I THANK MRS. RAY TOOOOOO ;D ;D ;D
WOW.. this is a powerful tape!! ;D ;D ;D
The Destiny of Women

I enjoyed listening to Ray on this tape, i think more than any other ones,  :-[ :-[ WOW things id thought n been taught in church were nothing like the true teachings.  :o :o :o Now i understand womens position much much better and I thank Ray for this teaching on this subject. :D :D THANK YOU!! RAY SMITH!!!

PLUS im gonna go back and play this again, this time with my bible,  :-[ :-[then I will do it one more time and take notes along the way, ;D ;D I ususally have to do this several times before I grasp everything, as i said im not too smart IQ wise ??? ??? I guess nor book smart either,  :-\ :-\ :-\

BUT with GODS help I will understand what I need to understand..  :) :) :)again

Thanks Ray!! and a ........ A BIG Thanks also to MRS RAY for allowing Ray to spend his time teaching us GODS truths, I am sure it takes away from time with You and your family alot, :( :( and thats why I think its time to say Thanks to Mrs.Ray toooooo... :) :) :)

now if someone could show me where there are more tapes of his, i would be forver grateful, Ok maybe not forever but very thankful.. ;) ;) ;) ;)

gmik

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 03:52:52 PM »

;D Well, Debby, I am gonna have to listen to that tape! Thanks for letting us know how great it is.  Also, I agree that Mrs. Ray (Manuela?) deserves a big round of applause!!!

skydreamers

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 12:07:48 AM »

Hey Gals :),

Here are all the audios I know of, that may not be listed on the forum here:

Mobile, AL -  Bible Conference November 2005

"Esther - The Destiny of Women"   17.9m

"What is the Gospel of the Kingdom?" part 2   17.5mb
http://www.aionios.com/mp3s/Ray_GospelOfTheKingdom_p2.mp3

"What is the Gospel of the Kingdom?" part 1   14.3mb
http://www.aionios.com/mp3s/Ray_GospelOfTheKingdom_p1.mp3

Nashville, TN -  Bible Conference August 2005

"We are ALL Guilty of ALL"   16.1mb
http://www.aionios.com/mp3s/Ray_Guilty_of_ALL.mp3

"Repentance"    13.1mb
http://www.aionios.com/mp3s/Ray_Repent.mp3

"How Hard is Getting Saved?" part 2   9.25mb
http://www.aionios.com/mp3s/Ray_GettingSaved_p2.mp3

"How Hard is Getting Saved?" part 1   10.9mb
http://www.aionios.com/mp3s/Ray_GettingSaved_p1.mp3

Enjoy everyone, and may God bless us all with "ears to hear",

Peace,
Diana
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.