bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Understanding?  (Read 5149 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Understanding?
« on: April 22, 2007, 05:20:38 PM »

Ray,

I am a Christian of 60 yrs.  Not a Bible scholar - a mere student - yet trying to understand.

Question #1
I've been a Southern Baptist all of my life - I don't agree with all of what they call doctrine - yet I do agree with much of it.  In your various lessons, your speak against the "heresies" of the Church.  I know I am not the smartest guy around, yet I don't remember the Churches of which I have been a member teaching some of the things which seem to irritate you.  What churches are you referring to?

COMMENT:  Which DOCTRINES are you referring to?

Question #2
In your "Twelve Truths" paper, in Truth #7 you glean from your Revelation reference the phrase, "every man's work is to be judged by fire".  I do not see that exact phrase in those verses?  I see "every man's work is to be judged".  And there is a reference to "Lake of Fire", but not the phrase you have listed.  Why is that?  How did you arrive that phrase.  It does not seem to "match"

COMMENT:  I was paraphrasing the contents of verses 12 thru 15. I will take the "quotation" marks off of the phrase.

Question #3
In so many of your comments, you seem to be sarcastic or angry at the masses of us who are ignorant.  Why is that?  It's always been a personal understanding of mine that such emotions are fathered by satan.  What do you think?

COMMENT:  I am afraid that you along with many thousands of detractors attribute to me emotions that do not exist in me toward other people. I EXPOSE the evil doctrines and heresies of the Church, but more specifically the teachings of those leaders within the Church.  Most of the Christian world has never been exposed to the real Jesus Who used some very harsh language when "upbraiding" (check the meaning of that word in Strong's Greek Dictionary) the hypocritical religious leaders of His time. Here is just one example:

JESUS UPBRAIDS THE CHURCH LEADERS FOR THEIR GROSS SINS
[selections from Matthew 23]

"But WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… FOR YOU SHUT UP THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN AGAINST MEN…

…THEY BIND HEAVY BURDENS and GRIEVOUS to be born, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but will not move them with ONE OF THEIR FINGERS

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… you DEVOUR WIDOW’S HOUSES… you shall receive the greater damnation.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES…

WOE unto you, ye BLIND GUIDES…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You… have omitted… JUDGMENT, MERCY, and FAITH…

You BLIND GUIDES, which strain out a gnat, and SWALLOW A CAMEL.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… within they are full of EXTORTION AND EXCESS.

You BLIND PHARISEES…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You are FULL OF DEAD MEN’S BONES, and ALL UNCLEANESS… and HYPOCRISY and INIQUITY…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES!… you are the children of them which KILLED the prophets. FILL YOU UP then the measure of your fathers.

You SERPENTS, you GENERATION OF SNAKES… you KILL AND CRUCIFY… you SCOURGE in your synagogues… Behold your house is left unto you DESOLATE"!!

WOW! Every one of these comments from Matt. 23 were spoken directly to the "Religious Scholars and Theologians" in the Church of God centered at the Temple in Jerusalem. Would Jesus speak in the same manner to the Religious Scholars and Theologians in God’s Church today? Does Jesus "change"? NO. Has the Church changed in the past 2000 years? YES. It has gotten WORSE.

I am sure that those who loved their Pharisees and church leaders in Christ day would have made the same remarks toward Jesus as your are making toward me.

God be with you,

Ray

I'm not trying to start a war with you.  I'm trying to understand your teachings.  Some of what you teach is new to me probably because of my Baptist upbringing, but I'm trying to understand and make sure that I am "rightly dividing" the Word.

Thank You,
Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.