bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saved?  (Read 5981 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Saved?
« on: April 22, 2007, 05:22:27 PM »

Ray do these scriptures below mean that we are saved now? you have said and i agree  that all salvation verses are future tense.   Please give me what God has revealed to you. God bless Eddie                 

Lk.7;50  1 Corinth1:18    11 Corinth 2:15  Eph; 2:5,8  2 Timothy 1; 9

Dear Eddie:

Luke 7:50 is speaking of being "saved" from her prior condition, just as when Jesus told various people that their "faith has made thee WHOLE," when He healed them of a disease. This verse is not speaking of spiritual salvation.

I Cor. 1:18 is in the Greek aorist tense, and therefore should be rendered, "yet to us who are BEING saved...."

II Cor. 2:15 likewise should be rendered, "in those who ARE BEING saved and in those who ARE PERISHING...."

Eph. 2:5 "(in grace you are saved)" is speaking of HOW we are saved, NOT WHEN we are saved. Those to come after us also "ARE saved by grace" rather than by some other means. Same with verse 8.

II Tim. 1:9 likewise should be translated "who SAVES us and CALLS us..."

You didn't read my paper:  "YOU FOOLS! YOUR HYPOCRITES! YOUR SNAKES!" did you?  Near the end I cover these verses and explain them in detail.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.