bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Some support needed  (Read 9911 times)

doreen

Some support needed
« on: April 23, 2007, 05:57:14 PM »

Hi guys and gals,

I have had some dissapointing news today.  I have been in a "custody" battle with my ex husband for the past 6 years already.  Even though it was granted to me, he is now trying to change that.  He is not only trying to "brainwash" my daughter but he's also making our life misserable.

I've done all I can to ensure my daughter know who her dad is and to try and keep a civilized relationship with him for her sake, but since her last holiday visit, he tried to keep her there and wouldn't send her back.  Now that she's with me again, he's trying to bring up all the problems from the past again and I'm really getting tired of this.

I don't know what to ask God, because I'm afraid that this might be God's will.  And I know there is nothing I can do about that.  I'm not very happy at the moment.

Thanks for reading.

Redbird

Re: Some support needed
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 09:07:34 PM »

Dear Doreen,

I am sorry to hear of your troubles.  The fear of an unknown outcome can be tremendous, ecspecially when a child is involved.  My prayers are certainly with you.

Lisa

gmik

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 09:40:09 PM »

I am so sorry for you and your daughter.  I will pray for you.  I know what you mean tho when you are afraid to pray cuz what if it is God's will. Please try to keep the faith.

rk12201960

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 09:48:22 PM »

Hi Doreen.
I am sorry to hear about your troubles.
I know its hard to understand things that happen in our lives that seem to be hurting us more than anything else.

You are a child of GOD and he knows your hurts and sorrows but like a human father sometimes we just have to ask and it will be given. God don't need to be needed but it makes Him feel good to hear from us  and always wants to help.

The God you worship created all things and has power beyond our understanding.
Trust in the Lord God with our of you heart soul and mind, He hears you Doreen.

Our prayers are with you.
Peace to you sister.
In Christ
Randy.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 10:05:47 PM by Randy »

Redbird

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 01:30:20 AM »

Hi again Doreen,

I really feel for you, and Luke 18: 1-7 comes to mind ~

AND he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubled me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Lisa
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 01:33:17 AM by Redbird »

skydreamers

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 02:14:37 PM »

Hi Doreen,

I'll be praying for you...custody battles are tragic.  I know it is scary not knowing what God's will is in the matter, but rest assured his plans for you and your daughter (and your ex for that matter) are to bring you through these trials for a glorious purpose.  I pray that He will bring you comfort and strength through this time of your life....

For he has not been unmoved by the pain of him who is troubled; or kept his face covered from him; but he has given an answer to his cry.
Psa 22:24

Peace and love to you,
Diana

doreen

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 08:24:32 PM »

Thank you all for your kind words and support.  It's really nice to know that there are people who still care.
I thank God for you all and that I feel at home here.

Thanks everyone.

Doreen

doreen

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 04:02:15 AM »

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say that it's official.  I might have to go to court again to defend my actions.  My ex-husband is being very nasty and unfair in the current situation.  Although he is reponsible for this, he refuses to acknowledge that and is trying to take my daughter from me.

I have now stopped all communication with him, because I think it's best for my daughter that she is not being used mentally for his own gain.

I have prayed to God to ask for guidance.

mari_et_pere

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 10:49:42 AM »

Doreen,
I'm very sorry to hear about the troubles that you're going through recently. My wife was previously married and her ex causes trouble from time to time with my step daughter. I know how stressful it can be.

Phi 4:7  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I want you to keep in mind that God has a plan. I know it sounds hokey and pointless to say that sometimes, but it's the truth; the scriptures say it's so. Everything has it's purpose, and remember that God's hand is in everything that happens. So I guess my advice to you, not that you probably need it, is to go with it and do everything you have to do. God's will is what the outcome of this, and everything else, will always be.

1Pe 2:15  For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men—

Keep your head up and stay focused on Him. From what I see you're thinking the right way but trusting God on this issue, and that's probably a lot better than your ex is doing, correct?  :)

1Pe 3:17  For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

You're suffering for doing good right now. God's will will prevail no matter what we think. Keep striving.

1Pe 4:19  Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.

Good luck with your battle. Keep us posted, and stay focused on what needs done!

Matt

pylady

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 01:04:59 PM »

Hi Doreen,

It sounds like you're going thru a heartwrenching time, and you want very much to protect your daughter because it's a difficult time for both of you.

My prayers are for you and your daughter that He may give you both strength to endure, peace, and a favorable outcome.

Christian love,

Cindy

doreen

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 07:47:58 PM »

Thank you all for your support and prayers.  Another thing that happend was that my hotmail account was broken into and certain emails were sent to my contacts.  :(((((  I have a feeling who did this, but it's very hard to prove.  There were even some photos sent using my hotmail account.   :-[
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 07:48:27 PM by doreen »

mari_et_pere

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 12:24:16 PM »

I think I'd be closing my accounts and getting new ones that he doesn't know about!

Matt

Bradigans

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 07:02:00 AM »

I've been having some growing pangs of my own. I didn't want to hear it, but this verse here in Romans says Romans 5:3-5 - And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Sometimes things look so bleak, all you can hold on to is THE WORD. Hang in there. Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 

gmik

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 04:44:52 PM »

Doreen, how have things been going???

doreen

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 04:05:57 AM »

Hi gmik,

Things haven't changed and I had to go to the police with this.  They are very helpful in the matter and I'm also forced to change my telephone numbers in order to have a peaceful time at home.
My worries, however, aren't gone and I hope that things will get better eventually.

Thanks for checking in.

GODSown1

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 10:18:16 PM »

Hey hi Doreen,
                   yea I say! jus get on wit ur own life n Plan GOD has mapped out 4 U, az his Plans work! our own dont, I blieve alL is GODs WilL or else We all wouldnt b wher we r 2day, I no dis soundz harsh on ur bhalf But! we all go thO it But! I blieve! az all hav sed We must!!! Trust! n the LORD! our GOD whole Heartedly!, Pray! witowt! ceasing!, ur in ma prayerZ Doreen U, ur dorta & ur husband, keep strong!, BlessnZ! 2 U sista I Pray da LORD! givz U strength! & understanding!.
                   much muchLOVE!! Pera
ps. I hopE Im not soundn unsincere? GOD is so GOOD!!

doreen

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 08:25:55 AM »

Thanks pera for your support.  I really appreciate it.  :)

GODSown1

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 08:17:18 PM »

n e time Doreen thanx!!!,
                               jus wana say U look familiar! lol! I like da hair lol! :D takecare! sista!.
                               muchLOVE!! Pera

gmik

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 02:26:58 AM »

Pera, I don't think that is Doreen!! :D

Like I say, I am just following you around!!!!

GODSown1

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 02:29:36 AM »

aw!!!,
       so sorry lol! :D, d@s kewl Gena follow! lol! :):P.
       muchLOVE!! Pera
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 02:31:42 AM by GODSown1 »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.