bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Punishment?  (Read 5539 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Why Punishment?
« on: April 23, 2007, 06:37:50 PM »

My random house dictionary seem to be telling me that accountable & responsible are somewhat the same.  Once I use to say, if man has the power of choice to choose his own way, why then does God punish him?  Now I understand that man does not possess such a thing.  But I come up with the same question: if man is just clay (like clay), why does God punish him as if he is responsible or even accountable for what he does.

Maybe the problem is with the word PUNISH, PUNISHMENT.  Could it be that God is instructing, training, etc. him when he says he punishes him?

God bless!!!

Dear Calvin:

"For He [God] said to Moses, 'I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.' So then it is NOT of him that wills, nor of him that runs, but OF GOD that shows mercy...You will say then unto me [Paul], WHY DOES HE [GOD] YET FIND FAULT?  For who has resisted His will [intentions]?" (Rom. 9:15-16 & 18).

Since man can't do any different from what God has purposed and foreknew must be, why do He find fault and then punish or judge us for what we had to do?  Here is Paul's and God's answer:  "NO BUT, O MAN, WHO ARE YOU that replies [talks back or accuses God of unrighteousness]?  Shall the thing formed [the pot] say to Him that formed it, 'WHY have you made me thus [this way, so that I SIN]?"       

Paul replies:  "Has not the Potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel of honor, and another unto dishonor......" ETc.  (Verses 20-21, read the rest of the chapter).

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.