bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aloha  (Read 5053 times)

kudeta

aloha
« on: April 24, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »

Greetings, all.  This seems to be the place appointed for introductions, so here I go:

I was raised nothing-in-particular, which I guess would be called agnostic, except I'd thought so little about about God/religion/ethics/etc. that even a catchall term like that would be too dignified.

Despite being a voracious reader throughout childhood and young adulthood, I managed to make it to 18 without ever having touched a Bible.  My attitude would probably have been best summed up as not caring what anyone else believed, so long as they didn't bother me with it.

My introduction to the Bible was a deliciously "random-chance" affair.  Freshman year at Uni, I was playing chess with a Christian friend of mine who had to leave to attend a campus ministry Bible Study.  We were in the middle of a game, and anyway it would've been a hassle to hook up with him later, so I tagged along (we actually carried the in-progress board down two hallways and a flight of stairs so we could finish while we waited for everyone to arrive).

And that was that.

I fell instantly in love with the Bible.  I'd never read anything so powerful and complex and real and insightful and beautiful, and I'd never met a character more alive and inspiring than Jesus.  I call him character this once, because it was actually another four months or so before I believed any of it was Truth.

For the next four and a half years, I was always in one weekly Bible Study, and most of the time two - one a pretty random assortment of gospel passages and the other a more intense focus on Mark.  They were always the high points of every week, and offered me the most joy I have ever experienced.

Unfortunately I moved around quite a bit after graduating, and haven't found much in the way of fellowship for the last five years, and while I keep returning to the Scriptures on my own, it's just not as living and fruitful.

Anyway, I found my way here via Google advertisement, because I was wondering what kind of goofy fellow would advertise with the tagline "Hell Does Not Exist."

I'm sure you're all familiar with what the wonderful surprise I encountered in Mr. Smith's writings, and a few hundred pages in, I happened to notice the link to a forum filled with people who appear to love the Word as I do.

I am verymuch looking forward to being a part of your community.

- John

Kat

Re: aloha
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 11:15:44 AM »

Hi John,

Yours is another interesting story of how you came to find BT.  I'm glad you have decided to join us here  :) 
We have discussions going on many different topics, you should find some that interest you, or you may want to start your own.  It is aways good to hear about what others are learning at BT, so do share with us what you are seeing.  And ask questions if need be, there are a lot of people here to give you good answers.

2Co 13:11  Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

skydreamers

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 01:14:46 PM »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:24:48 PM »

Hello John,
Welcome (HOME)....I love your passion for God and HIs Truths; don't ever loose that ;)!  You will love this fellowship and the info. here will set you even more free!  Where do you hail from?  (Hawaii perhaps?)  Jump on in and don't be shy! 8) ;D  I am looking forward to hearing from you! 

gmik

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 07:41:16 PM »

Welcome John. Everyones testimony is both unique & similar.  I love to hear the stories of how we come to this site!  God is so Good!

pylady

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 09:32:13 PM »

Hi John,

Welcome!  Glad God has brought you here.  You'll find, as I have, that there is a banquet of spiritual food on this website.  Don't worry about being a glutton, enjoy!

Quess we're all kind of "goofy" for the truth of God's word, especially since from testimonies I've read most of us have felt so spiritually starved in the past.  I know the world thinks we're "goofy".  Anytime I've tried to share what I've learned I've always get that "I guess I'll tolerate her, but I do think she's weird" look!

Does your aloha mean that you're from Hawaii?

Christian love,

Cindy

iris

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 09:50:25 PM »

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum!!
I'm glad you found your way onto Bible-Truths.
I agree, Ray Smith's writings are wonderful.
I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Iris

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 12:23:03 AM »

I HEAR YA CINDY, ...I get those wierd looks too, just as you described them.

joyful1

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 10:18:56 AM »

Aloha back at ya, John! And Welcome! Excuse me for just a minute while I put up the gold star on Skydreamer's name for, once again, posting the best welcome message;;;;; there! okay...what was your favorite part of the Lake of Fire Series?  :)

Kent

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 12:56:43 PM »

Welcome John!

I think you will find this place is a breath of fresh air.

Kent

kudeta

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 02:40:05 AM »

Quote from: hebrewroots98
Where do you hail from?  (Hawaii perhaps?)
Quote from: pylady
Does your aloha mean that you're from Hawaii?

I was born in Iowa, and lived there except for a few early years in California before moving back, until moving to Washington (Seattle) a few years ago.

The "aloha" thing is purely because I like how it sounds (reads), and not because of any Hawaiian background. =)

Quote from: joyful1
what was your favorite part of the Lake of Fire Series?
I'm not sure yet; I haven't finished it, and likely wouldn't be able to pick out a favourite part until I've made my way through it all a couple of times.

I do have to say that the parts which debunk the claims of various televangelists and such tend to lose my interest somewhat, since I have never given what they have to say any credence, and so my reaction is mostly, "Well, yeah, of course they're wrong." =)

Sorry about the long absence after my intro post.  Got very, very busy at work, then injured my knee, then distracted by other things, etc, etc.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 12:27:54 PM »

Aloha! ;D, Understandable, just glad your'e back with us Kudeta! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.