bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tossed  (Read 8724 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Tossed
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:02:14 PM »

I found a match.

Luke 3 : 17 His winnowing shovel is in His hand to thoroughly clear and cleanse His threshing floor and to gather the wheat and store it in His granary, but the chaff He will burn with fire that  cannot be extinguished.

The fire that "cannot be extinguished" I do not have a problem with. This is Gods consuming fire. God does not change so why should His fire get cold or die out?

It is the WINNOWING SHOVEL! Now that is judgment!

Here is the match.

Matt 14 : 24 But the boat was by this time out on the sea, many furlongs distant from the land, beaten and TOSSED by the waves, for the wind was against them.

How is that for the winnowing shovel and the wind against them! I know just what they may have experienced as Christ has started to share with me the pain He felt through persecution. It is therein that I can know that He is with me,  because of bad times...the winnowing fork of God or the waves.....know what I mean?

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 07:03:12 PM by Arcturus »

YellowStone

Re: Tossed
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:11:22 AM »

Arcturus, you are truly on to something here, for I know exactly what you mean! :)

Matt 14:24 But the boat was by this time out on the sea, many furlongs distant from the land, beaten and TOSSED by the waves, for the wind was against them.

This world is seemingly full of uncertainity and calamity abounds; however, we have faith. :)

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 

Unlike some, who are tossed and battered because their faith is forgotten and they are tossed to and fro until they sink. :(

1Ti 1:19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

They beg and plead but God hears them not, for they ask not in faith.

Jam 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.  

But we as children of God through our faith in Christ Jesus, stand firm. :)

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  

And the trials of this world begin to fade to nothing, for by faith our focus is not on this world, for we "rejoice in hope of the glory of God." and the promise of his Kingdom.

Rom 8:31 ¶ What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?

Rom 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? REALLY!!   :D

Your faith inspires me, my dear sister. :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 12:58:21 AM by YellowStone »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:03:41 AM »

Alright Arcturus!  You nailed it friend; great detective work (Mrs. Sherlock! ;D)  Without that religious persecution and bad times  and trials we wouldn't be quite sure if our faith was working.... I know exactly what you mean! 

Yes Darren, I'm glad to know that those trials will help us to stand more firm with time.

skydreamers

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 04:40:18 AM »

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."  Joh 3:8

but the boat by this time was a long way from the land, beaten by the waves, for the wind was against them.  Mat 14:24

As they went away, Jesus began to speak to the crowds concerning John: "What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?  Mat 11:7

But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me."  Mat 14:30

In the carnal state the Spirit (the wind) seems to be against us, though really it is God disciplining us by struggle and challenge...we are "shaken" and brought into humility.  Without God's help spiritual matters are frustrating to try and understand, and living without God's spirit as our only true Guide and Comfort, is really like being tossed from one turbulent experience to another.  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.  One day however, when God is ALL in ALL, and we are truly ONE, in unity with God's mind and purpose, there will be a calm for all of us (the sea):

And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!" And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.  Mar 4:39

Peace,
Diana

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 03:29:05 PM »

Thank you Darren.

The scriptures that arose to your mind that you shared, fit perfectly.

As for MY FAITH....well...it is really like this. When I wrote this post I was going through the most painful experience.

Thank you Susan for your kind and friendly fellowship. I know you too have been through a lot!

Diana, it will certainly be wonderous when finally we hear Our Lord say to all our trials that test our faith as gold....Peace be still! ;D

Peace to you

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 09:45:36 PM »

God Bless your heart Arcturus, I wouldn't have noticed that you were going through anything by just reading your post; but, praise God that you are able to work through this buffetting and that you are able to notice and accept it for what it is.  You seem to be working it all out gracefully; I cannot say the same for myself at this point, although I want to... 

Try and count it a blessing b/c, as you know, The Lord allows those whom HE LOVES to go through the fires right now in order to come through the next life  shining as gold; like HIM!!!

Hang in there! ;)

rk12201960

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 10:20:59 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

I like many others here will be praying for you.
You are a blessing to us with all your wisdom and posts.
I pray GOD lifts you up and holds you high in his heart.
When one of us hurts its felt in the forum we are all family.

God bless you my dear sister.
You are in my prayers.
God be with you always.

Your brother in Christ.
Randy  8)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 08:39:01 AM »

My valued brother and sister. How kind your words are! Thank you very much.

I can share with you that the Lord has shown me a glimpse, a tiny weeny example of what HE felt when HE was judged falsely and how HE felt when the people HE brought healing and blessing to, cried out to crucify HIM.

I can tell you, it was so painful to experience this emotion that HE has born upon HIS heart and body soul and mind for us ALL.

I feel very blessed that God our Father saw fit to make me ENDURE the experience I have been through. My flesh wanted to DIE because of the emotional pain BUT it has brought me a marvelous certainty that Our Lord has shared with me a most precious blessing of connectedness with HIM.

The thoughts arose in my mind during the consuming fire of God that if we do not repent through His goodness we will repent through the consuming fire. The second measure of judgment was appointed to me and He saw fit to keep me and bless me.

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts for me and Our Lord that we share in peace and mutual comfort.

Peace to you

Kat

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 11:42:58 AM »

Hi Arcturus,

Thanks for sharing that you are going through a painful experience.  Hearing you speak about it does bring a little bit more understanding to me of the betrayal Christ must have felt.  He did have human emotions and I think we forget about that sometimes, only thinking about His power and strength.

My prayers are with you.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 01:32:47 PM »

Thank you Kat.

I am through it....passed it....and came through :D ;D While I was in IT I was holding my breath as my tears flooded! 8) then the sweet sharing Christ showed me that nothing is in vain and He protects and directs all that happens!

This is not to trivialise what HE went through or to diminish that I caught a fleeting glimpse....if it had been more than fleeting I would have been undone :D ;D for sure....It just shows that HE know how to handle all of us and exactly where our break points are! ;D

Thank you for your precious words of comfort and understanding Kat.

Peace to you

iris

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 01:39:31 PM »

Thank you Arcturus for sharing this with us.
May God be with you and comfort you in
your time of need.
You are in my prayers.

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 04:13:13 PM »

Iris

We are all appointed a "time of need" as you say. My time of need seems to be all the time! ;D

I just want to explain what your post means to me. You see in Psalms 27 King David wrote the following:

vs 8 You Lord have said "Seek My face, inquire  for and require My presence as your VITAL NEED.

In the margin of my Bible, and referring to this vs I wrote : As you Know My presence is your vital need, you step into MY Grace and flow of My Power. When ever you know this..."MY Strength is made perfect in your weakness."

So I guess you will see how much your kind words mean to me because your prayers for my comfort in my time of need are prayers for relief from my human condition and deliverance from evil until I reach perfection in HIS Spirit which is THE vital need of all humanity.

Thank you my sweet Sister for the heavenly fragrance of your sweet prayers.

Peace to you

DWIGHT

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 08:18:14 PM »

Arcturus,

I too am going through quite a time.  I have so many things coming at me at one time that it seems over whelming.  In reading this thread, I thought about these verses....

14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
19 Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.
20 And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.
21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
22 Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flames of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.  Daniel 3: 13-25

It seems the closer your walk with the Lord is, the hotter the firery furnance becomes.  But as they were in the furnance, the Son of God was with them.  Because they were faithful and did not give in to the flesh nor bowed down and worship any idols of the heart, this is what happend to them...

26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire.
27 And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.
28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.
29 Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.
30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon.  Daniel 3:26-30

Look what happend when they were tried.  Those who threw them into the fire were burned.  When we are truly tried by the Lord, even those around us will be burned by our fire.  I am waiting for the King's promotion.  Praise His name.

In Him,

Dwight

Flipper

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 10:27:38 PM »

Not sure it will help or hinder, but 'winnowing' is a word, perhaps a farming term used to describe the way how barley so easily comes off the stalk - it winnows.

Also, barley is the first of 3 major harvests.

I look at it as God's first and most gentle way to get our attention.  If that doesn't work, we go to the next harvest - Wheat.

Wheat must be 'thrashed' against a screen floor to remove the kernel, well at least that's how it was done back when.  If THAT doesn't get one's attention, God has one more trick in the arsenal to drag (gr. helkuo) to Him and that's where the final grape harvest comes in.

Grapes must be trod under foot, well at least that's how it was done back when!

I've also heard about God's 2x2's 4x4's and 8x8's!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 10:29:38 PM by Flipper »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 10:53:41 PM »

Hello and Welcome Flipper.  Did I miss your intro?, if so, I'm glad that you are here.  Obviously your name is Phillip?  Where are you from?  One of my best high school buddies' name was Flip...

Interesting about the winnowing!  I hope that I will only be in need of the first step in the process of God's work in my life, unfortunately, I know better b/c there will be times when HE will have to do some harsh work to get my attention!

Im looking forward tohearing more from you!

gmik

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 11:32:42 PM »

Thanks Flipper and Welcome to the Forum.  Luke 3:17 takes on a whole new meaning when you know what winnowing is. Very interesting.

Arc, I am so glad you are always uplifting and helpful, even thru your own trials. The Lord has given you much wisdom.

Our brothers & sisters on the Forum-family, have indeed their share of trials-so many have and are going thru so much.
Even tho these trials are in His Master plan, we need to love and support each other in prayer 24/7.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 07:40:59 AM »

Dwight

You and your family are in my thoughts often. It is always a pleasure to see your posts in the Forum. I share with you an appointment to trial coming up for me in the near future as do you regarding the May appointment for your wife together with all the other tests and conditions coming against you and separating you from what unimportant and gathering you into what is important! The learning is painfully difficult I can attest to that!

The Scripture you posted is a personal favourite of mine! It has left me the thought that once the King called Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, to come out, they left the flames and the King of Glory who was walking with them, to return to the realms of Babylon!  I would prefer to stay in the company of the King, unbound and in communion with HIM and not come out of HIS consuming fire to be promoted in the earth kingdoms of man.

I think this is where we depart from the Old Testament into the New and where we are fed not with Manor from heaven daily but with the bread of life unceasingly in our walk with Christ as we walk in the atmosphere of HIS consuming fire without one hair on our heads being harmed! I believe this is the conclusion to which HE is leading us as we look ahead to those appointments that are as the fiery furnace into which our friends Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were bound to enter but were loosed once inside!

Let us rejoice Brother.

Peace to you and thank you for the post and the Scriptures you shared.

Peace to you and your family

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 08:10:00 AM »

I thank Our Lord for you G!

Peace to you

YellowStone

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 12:22:34 PM »

Dwight, you included a very insightful response to the wonderful Scripture you posted. :)

You wrote:
It seems the closer your walk with the Lord is, the hotter the firery furnance becomes.  But as they were in the furnance, the Son of God was with them.  Because they were faithful and did not give in to the flesh nor bowed down and worship any idols of the heart, this is what happend to them...

I truly believe that your reference of "It seems the closer your walk with the Lord is, the hotter the firery furnance becomes." is where, the rubber (our walk) leaves the road (this world)

The story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego is a wonderful example of faith overcoming physical trials. Their faith was so strong, that the flames and heat were as NOTHING! :) Less than nothing and here is why I believe this to be so.

Could Nebuchadnezzar nullify their faith in God,  Could anyone?  :D

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom 8:37 ... in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

We will only feel the heat whist ever our focus is not 100% percent on God. Let's look at what Paul asked again. "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?" The answer is simple, our own self aided by our self-righteous ego.  ???

It is 'this' carnal self that feels the heat and persecution. But it need not be so when we walk with God. David felt only comfort when he walked through "his" deathly valley.

Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Likewise, did Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego feel any discomfort? No Sir, they did not. :)  I am sure when asked, they could have answered: "What fiery furnace!" :)

In conclusion, I would like to add that world will not change, for it is oneself, who through faith and the gracious love of God that changes. The trials, tribulations and fiery furnaces do not go away; however, they come as nothing. For the shield of faith will protect us.

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  

And we can indeed begin to live a glimpse of the life that is to come. :)

Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:  

With love....

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 12:24:32 PM by YellowStone »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 01:20:04 PM »

Likewise, did Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego feel any discomfort? No Sir, they did not.   I am sure when asked, they could have answered: "What fiery furnace!" Quote from Darren.

I can only agree with this comment if it was meant  in HINDSIGHT compared to the glory that lay ahead and the promotions that were received once the fiery furnace was left behind the bound up abused and persecuted Shadrach Meshach and Abednego. Like wise I think the suffering we experience in this world is felt like the furnace that is described that is spiritual. We suffer spiritually emotionally mentally and physically and this story captures the symbolic meaning of this for me. If comparisons are to be made then this is what comes to mind for me.

Hebrews 12 : 2...He (Jesus) for the joy of obtaining the prize that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

2 Cor 4 : 17 For our light, momentary affliction this slight distress of the passing hour is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an Ionian weight of glory beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all COMPARISONS and calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease.

Our trials or anyone's trials are felt and suffered and yes, AFTERWARDS yes they may appear as nothing as the Scriptures promise....but this AFTERWARDS is only once Christ returns to wipe away all tears. As for me, my trials continue and it is not funny or trivial but is a way into the Kingdom of God for the passage into the Kingdom of God is via our trials and testings and judgement upon the house of God now.

May be one day I might say...what trials....compared to the suffering of Christ! my trials are certainly as NOTHING! but still I feel my testing and my chastisements and I pray that I never rebel against my corrections that hopefully will diminish into nothing to bring me to the day where Darren believes that Shadrach Meshack and Abednego can say...what furnace!

Peace be to you

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 17 queries.