bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We're visiting Florida  (Read 9230 times)

Nelson

We're visiting Florida
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:52:08 PM »

Hi Folks,

Me and my family will be visiting Orlando, Florida next April and it would be great to meet up with some of you. We've been there a couple of times before and we're really looking forward to going again God willing. We're bring our youngest boys with us and our daughter may join us. My wife seems the most excited for some reason and as for me, I'll just chill in the sunshine (except when we're at Typhoon Lagoon, I love that wave machine  ;D)

Let me know if you'll be around and we can arrange to meet. I know Joe lives in Tampa and we're going to be visiting there at some point so perhaps we can get together for a day Joe?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Grace and peace to you

Nelson

gmik

Re: We're visiting Florida
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:35:04 PM »

Hey Nelson.  Would love to meet next year.  We will be there either the week before Easter, or the week after.  Don't know yet as the school calendar hasn't been set.

psalmsinger

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:25:23 AM »

Nelson,

It is painful to share experiences like yours.  I certainly haven't shared my experiences yet for shame..... :-[  You have come to a safe haven of peace.
 :)

Barbara

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 08:50:33 AM »

Hi Nelson,

We certainly can make arrangements to get together during your visit, just keep me posted on the dates (when you can) and I will adjust my schedule accordingly, I look forward to meeting you and your family.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Nelson

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 03:22:39 PM »

Hi folks,

You're all too kind. Gena, We're going on the 1st April as the school holidays in Essex are outside the easter weeks (makes the trip £1,000 cheaper). If you're there between the 1st & 15th then it would be great to meet up.

Joe, we missed you last time, this time we'll schedule something concrete in nearer the time.

Barbara, I'm not sure what you mean. All I've said is I'm visiting Florida in this thread, are you referring to something else? I do have a testimony on a couple of ex-JW sites, but that was posted a few years ago now and I'm a bit further down the narrow road now. Perhaps you're referring to my testimony. How did you find it?

Hopefully there'll be a few more in Florida but whoever we do meet up with it will be wonderful to share some time with you.

Love, grace and peace to you all.

Nelson

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 12:45:19 PM »

Hello again Nelson,

I was curious as to whether you were affected by the earthquake? I believe I read Essex suffered a bit of damage.

Anyway, you and your family are in my prayers and I hope all is well.

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

Nelson

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 01:02:21 PM »

Hi Joe,

Earthquake? We had some tornado damage a while ago but I know nothing of an earthquake here. There was one in Birmingham, West Midlands (about 140 miles from here) a few years ago but I don't know of any other and I sure haven't felt one.

Thanks for your kind words.

Love, grace and peace to you and yours

Nelson

Edit: Just checked the papers, there was an earthquake yesterday in Kent which is the other side of the river Thames from Essex. I was 'up north' in Wigan yesterday watching a football (soccer) match and did not get home till late. I do not watch much TV and I don't read the papers so I am usually a little out of touch with what's going on elsewhere. I don't trust the media so I keep my contact with it very minimal.

Thanks for your concerns Joe, we're all fine here. Does make me wonder tho' as we're getting more and more of these 'natural' disasters. All in His hands though so no worries  :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 01:41:30 PM by Nelson »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 03:04:30 PM »

Hi Nelson,

It was great to hear that you and yours were unaffected by this, a few months back on a Sunday morning I was online and I felt the house vibrate and the blinds on our windows began rattling, I was in my upstairs office and shouted down to my wife "what the heck is going on down there?" She thought it was me rattling about  :D anyway, we were stumped but soon forgot about it as there was no damage. The next day it was all over the news that an earthquake of some significance had occurred in the Gulf of Mexico about 150 miles off shore at the same time we experienced our little mystery.

I certainly can and do appreciate your sentiment in regard to the "News" Media, more indoctrination and conventional "wisdom" than an unfiltered reporting of current events.  ;) I have had much more personal peace since I cut way back on my media consumption.

Thanks for the good news,

Joe

P.S. This is where I got my information once I got the headline off of AOL's opening screen;

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-1263216,00.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 03:07:32 PM by hillsbororiver »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 08:01:01 PM »

bump

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 01:48:11 PM »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 01:52:36 PM »

I notice from an old post that Nelson would be coming your way. 

Bump just means to bump an old thread back to the top. ;D

Craig

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 03:56:26 PM »

Thanks Craig!

You just taught an old dog (me) a new trick (term).  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.