bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here's mine.  (Read 4370 times)

Kent

Here's mine.
« on: April 27, 2007, 12:01:44 PM »

I remember walking home. From where, I dont remember. I was only about 10 or so. I am 42 now.

The Lord spoke to my spirit (this was about 10 years or so before I was converted) and said, plain as day, that He had something He wanted me to do. But, He wouldn't tell me what it was. Oddly enough, it didnt aggravate me like it would have if another person told me this. It fired me up. I told the Lord that He had permission to do to me whatever he wanted. (Not that He needed that, but I was only a kid). That was my first experience with the Lord, that I knew of.

Fast forward through a less than pleasant childhood. I went to church, but it was nothing special. I'd rather have gone fishing. It wasnt that I was uninterested in the things of God, it's that they werent being taught.

One day I was house sitting for my Uncle and Aunt while they were on vacation. I was about 22 or so. Drink a few beers, watch a little TV, and relax alone for a while. I spent more time there than I did at home.

I was there one morning, and was flipping thru the channels, and I stopped on Jimmy Swaggarts program.
For some reason ;) I started to cry. Now, I am not what you would call a crybaby. Not by a long shot. But the more I tried to fight it, the more I cried. I thought I was going nuts. I really tried to stop. I couldn't stop.
Then I said "OK God. You got me".

I tried to go back to church, but I never, not one time, did I feel comfortable there. So I stopped going.
This really bothered me. I wanted so desperately to know God, but I didn't know where or how to start, so I started to read the Bible myself.

Then the backsliding started.
Partying, strip clubs, getting involved in things I had no business being involved in.
Then, one time I was at a strip club, I did not have a good time. I was depressed. I was wondering just what I was doing there, and what could have possibly been going thru my head to even be in that setting.
I havent been that down, before or since. It was like being around death.

That is when I returned to my first love. Backsliding now is unthinkable.

I was still alone. I didnt go to any institutional church. I knew what they were like and I wanted nothing to do with them.

I did a lot of searching. I was involved in some really strange things. Strange people with strange doctrines.
i think I did it beause I knew that mainstream Christianity (churchianity) was wrong. So I decided to go out of the mainstream. I sure did go overboard, though.

But thru it all, there was this still, small voice telling me that things were not all right, and that something was majorly wrong with them and their doctrines. David Icke and his reptilians, new age "etheric warriors", serpent seed doctrine, etc. Put on your tinfoil hat and you wont have to search for things like this, because things like this will find you. Some of the things I read and saw weren't really tinfoil subjects though. Sometimes, they would try to explain away the more troubling teachings of churchianity instead of facing them head-on.

Then I found this site. Everything I knew was wrong about mainstream churchianity was explained. You all see the very same things I see.

That's it, in a nutshell.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Here's mine.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 01:44:08 PM »

Hi Kent,

Thanks for sharing.  It is encouraging to read the journey others have experienced getting here.  I too did a lot of searching and feel blessed that the Lord led me to BT.

Peace and His grace to you.

Rene'

pylady

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »

Hi Kent,

Thank you for sharing your testimony with us.  Isn't it wonderful when we look back how we can see God leading us to His truth?  His spirit
was working in your spirit that these things you experienced were false knowledge, lies.  But would we really appreciate His truth if we didn't first experience the world's idea of wisdom?

If you love God's wisdom you'll really love it here.  Believe me, even though I seldom post I read all the time, and it is addicting!  I say addicting because when the site is down like it was recently I have bad withdrawal pains!

With Christian love,

cindy

gmik

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »

Kent, what an emotional time you have had. For some reason that was the journey God led you thru.  I, too, got into that serpent-seed nonsense...but you know, it seems so many of us were on that "search" for more, that what we knew just couldn't be IT. Deep inside we knew....what we didn't know was to have patience for the Lord to lead us to the Truth.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 12:20:11 AM »

Thank you Kent so much for sharing your life with us.  We can attest to similar walks and of coming out of her too!!!  You are HIS PEOPLE' and it was HE that brought you out of that darkness and into HIS wonderul light!  What an AWESOME God that we serve!  Do you have anyone around you that you can fellowship and share these things with?  Where do you live? (forgive me if you already stated it.)  God will perfect HIS work in us one day :D  Stick with us.

..we're birds of a feather and must stick together...

rk12201960

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 01:08:53 AM »

Greetings Kent,
You are brave as you are now wise.
Welcome my brother.

In Christ.
Randy    8)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 09:08:56 AM »

Hello Kent

We are all Prodigal sons and daughters here. We have all been to the Pig Pen mentality of carnality and destitution.

We have in common the blessing of the true living bread of life and water here in Bible Truths.

Thank you for sharing how we all stumble in the darkness before we are dragged out of our dungeons of pain, loss and self reliance. The details may change from experience to experience but the pain is the same and varies in intesity according to our individuality that our Lord is designing to conform to His image and likeness.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Kent

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 12:07:58 PM »

Thank you, everyone.  :)

To be honest, there were times when I wish I wasn't going thru what I had to go thru. I had it easier than some, if not most, so I am not complaining, but bad times are bad times and there is no comfort in knowing that some people have it worse. Plus, I dont kid myself and think that I have somehow "arrived". It's not over yet and bad times are ahead.

But everyone here is right, looking back it was worth it, and that is absolutely true.
I'd go thru it again and not think twice about it.
The parallels with other people here is amazing. ;D

Kent

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 11:01:26 PM »

...it's called...UNITY  IN THE SPIRIT... ;D ;D ;), EQUALLY YOKED ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 09:12:06 AM »

AMEN Susan!

;D :D 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.