bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: TBN  (Read 9336 times)

mari_et_pere

Re: TBN
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 01:56:59 AM »

Scribbles, (and anyone else)
I used to watch TBN also. For the babe in Christ that I was, I suppose I got some good out of it. They helped me build my faith. But I knew they weren't telling all the truth, and I knew they were wrong. I felt, and still do, that some of them deliberately lie. Lie why? Lie for profit!
I was thinking about this the other day. Follow me on this one: I won't use any particular name; just a random popular TBN preacher. They have "followers" or "fans" or whatever. I'll call 'em tv audience for lack of a better term. They agree with the preacher and send him money as a gift or tithe. Now he's got a steady, paying audience. What happens if, say he has a revelation and the truth is revealed to him? What does he do? Change his teachings? What would happen then? He'd lose his paying tv audience. So what does he do instead of revealing the revelation of truth that he's been blessed with? He lies. He lies so he won't lose the income from his tv audience. So wether he knows the truth or is still deceived, he keeps teaching his watered down, bless me and he'll bless you messages that are entertaining and make the tv audience feel good about themselves.
So I really don't think you'll see a lot of change on TBN. It would be great though!
I feel sorry for people who watch TBN a lot. My mother in law does. I don't understand how you can study for decades and still not get to the truth of the matter. Scratch that. Yes I do. It fits God's will; that's why.

Have a good one.

Matt

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 07:16:58 AM »

Hello Matt and Scribbles

Thank you for sharing very real experiences of coming out of Babylon. :D

Scribbles you write : Babylon will always love its works, laws, money, puffed up staged grand dramatic theatricals. It will bring on strife and confusion.....sure it will.... the devil loves those wiles. Worth repeating,,,,,,Everything Ray writes teaches.

I so enjoy when language is used correctly, powerfully and accurately! What you wrote was really cool! 8)

I have not looked back into TBN for a while now but it has dawned on me that once we come out of Babylon we sometimes get to revisit to compare the difference and contrast! So as I was watching this thread unfold I wondered why I had not yet experienced my "contrast" moment. WELL! Not for long was I to be experiencing not having my contrast moment.

Last night, my husband and I had the rare occasion to enjoy going out for dinner and experiencing everything as simply perfection! It was so obvious to me that this dinner was all planned from our Lord also because sitting at the table next to us were two couples speaking about Jesus! I had my contrasting moment and cringed as I heard the one person "teaching" heresy with conviction, obstinacy and very obvious blindness. My husband and I, simply acknowledged how far we are set apart from such inordinate illusions and deceptions. We knew that nothing could be said to this person to remove the blindness if it was not done by the plan and will of Jesus Christ.

I was given the opportunity to over hear some of the miserable teachings that once I adhered to and I repented again with renewed humility!

As we left the venue the owners who are friends of ours said in passing that the people at the table next to us were the same couple who had lost their 21 year old son months earlier. My husband afterwards made the observation that the clinging to Babylon is like a crutch for some peoples pain. I think he is correct. Babylon is like a pacifier that never feeds and becomes an addiction to the hurting and the lost. I think that is why Jesus visits and takes out who He chooses and that is where we have come out of which is what we have in common with each other!

Our Lord chooses us from out of Babylon and He drags us out. I realised I can drag out not even a gnat if it is not in the Plan of Jesus that a person receive their sight when I want them to! ;D :D Jesus Christ alone is our restorer and healer.

When He comes again, He has told us, it will be as the days of Noah when wickedness will be at an all time high! I believe it!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 07:32:19 AM by Arcturus »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 05:20:18 PM »

Well said ARCTURUS! (Tis so true...the PACIFIER CONCEPT...FOR BABES INDEED!)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 05:42:55 PM »

Thanks Susan...you often make me come back to read what I wrote! :D ;D....

Peace to you

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 05:43:48 PM by Arcturus »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 06:35:08 PM »

(Arcturus...sorry about making you look things up...I'm not that good at copying and pasting...lol) ::)...one of these days you'll be proud of me when I learn it and you won't have to go back...) ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 07:20:40 PM »

No worries Susan!  :D

I also learn from what I write and I enjoy seeing the perspectives that touch others again with re-newed appreciation! :D Like sharing a view of a truth that sets free or encourages is really a rare joy for me.

Peace to you

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 07:22:09 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 16 queries.