bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing, have you built your ARK?  (Read 5928 times)

love_magnified

Tithing, have you built your ARK?
« on: April 11, 2006, 06:51:18 PM »

Tithing email:

---------

You my dear are part of the “falling away�. I feel sorry for you and I pray that the Holy Spirit will touch just the right buttons on your heart to turn this thing around in your life. It doesn’t take an idot to know that you should never touch God’s anointed. Of course this is part of the happenings of the end times…the falling away of part of the Church and the very elect are to be deceived.

Just what do you think pays for the gasoline, jet fuel, radio waves, television time, printing press, paper, food for the “workers�, just what do you imagine this world runs on? Air? Just how do you think the gospel gets out….shouting from the mountain tops?

That 10% my dear one DOES BELONG TO THE LORD…in fact, EVERYTHING BELONGS TO HIM. PERIOD. It’s the giving heart that is blessed….giving when it’s all you have…..else what is it….else what is the real condition of the heart? You had better believe God will bless those who give…..have you noticed what happened on the cross? Think about it…really think about it.

Now, the old covenant was a foreshadowing of the new….same rules apply or else…well think about that as well. A shadow is the same image of the fixture that casts the shadow anyway….Think man, THINK. Don’t be putting this stuff on the internet that you have as an opinion. Please don’t do that to people.

I know for a fact that when I tithe I’m being obedient. I can feel it in my gut. And….when I’m obedient things go a lot smoother in my life. Oh Ya! Lots smoother. You can’t tell me that tithing isn’t scriptural for the new covenant. I really want to get mad over this…but I have to love you as a brother..one I hope gets it right.

God says “test me in this�. Well I’m not going to take any chances with the sovergein God of the universe. If he says do something you had better believe I’m going to do it. That’s called old fashioned respect….fear of the Lord and NO I’m not talking about “fear� Fear is another old fashioned world for respect. Old testament, new testament….same deal. You can’t separate the Bible. It’s the world of God-period.

Dear Linda:

Feel better now? You can get mad if you want to: it doesn't bother me. So if God says "do it," you do it, is that right? Oh really? "Make thee an ARK of gopher wood...The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of fifty cubits and the height of it thirty cubits" (Gen. 6:14-15). Have you made your ARK for God yet, Linda? Just maybe God wasn't asking you to build an ark, Linda, and just maybe Malachi wasn't telling "Christians" to tithe to the Old Covenant Levites?

God be with you,

Ray

-------------

That just says it all in a tight paragraph what his very useful paper on tithing said in much more. Tithers, have you built your Ark, or were you raised out of the water with Christ? Do you still require a physical temple to worship in, or do you worship in spirit and truth? Do you still think fasting proves your worth to God, or are you giving up ALL your evil vices for Christ? Do you obey the tablets, or the spirit? Do you tithe %10 of your money or %100 of your heart?

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 07:02:44 PM »

Lord I pray that Linda will come to know the truth on tithing. Hopefully she will look back on this and search out the truth on this matter. It is really,really hard to get pass these things that have been indoctrinated in your life. I do hope that she will return to this site and read the rest of the material. It only will happen if it is Gods' will.

ertsky

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 07:03:08 PM »

oi vay oi vay KLOPPEN KOP ON VANT  ](*,)

just celebrating my newfound jewishness LOL!

f

jennie

tithing?
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 09:09:33 AM »

This tithing thing is a sore subjuect isn't it? Everything does belong belong to God. I believe He is bigger than 10% of anything our little minds can think of. I don't understand why "tithing" is so touchy. What is wrong with just giving, not  because you have to, but because you want to help people? I will keep my thoughts to myself right now in regard to radio programs, t.v. expenses , jets to fly around in. I would say to a minister around here just to go to the Atlanta airport like everyone else. stay in security line for a couple hours and fly away to wherever God is leading you to share the Good New of Jesus!

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 11:10:04 AM »

Jennie it sure is a sore subject. Some people get upset because they feel that if they dont give then God wont give to them[more money]. I guess some would think that they are actually robbing God if they dont give 10%, not realizing the way  we rob from God is not giving our whole self 100% to Him, by not putting Him above everything else in life for He is life.
By the way hows your mothernlaw? I hope everything is ok.
Kevin

undignifieddancer

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 12:38:19 PM »

Luke 19: Zacchaeus: "Sir, from now on I will give half of my wealth to the poor"  

Mark 12:  Jesus:  "That poor widow has given more than all those rich men put together!  For they gave a little of their extra fat, while she gave her last penny."

Matthew 19:  Jesus to rich man:  "go and sell everything you have and give the money to the poor"

...ETC!!

I don't see anything thay says 10% in the New Testament.  If anything we are taught to give mcuh larger if not everything.  Many say that this really means that we shouldn't let money be our god.  Well I think that is true but I believe that personal comfort is not God's priority in our lives, especially while another suffers.  God does not "bless" certain people with wealth in the new Testament...actually he blesses them by making them poor financially...but giving them strenght spiritually.

Peace

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 01:50:28 PM »

How true Bobby. It was the tithing thing that finally did it for me. They basically kicked me out because I rejected thier teachings. I would try and share things with them I they would not hear of it. I would tell them about tithing and how we arent under the law but under grace. They said I tell you what grace is and that it is God not striking me down where I stand. I could just feel the love. It was many more things other than this one thing. May God open their eyes and ears according to His will. I still love them and pray for them.
Kevin

jennie

tithing
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 02:47:26 PM »

Hey ya'll!!!! My mother in law is better today and so many thanks to you all for your prayers! I just wondered if any of you had heard of or experienced this thing about tithing. A few years ago a pretty good size church wanted( or thought they did!) my husband to come be their associate pastor. He met with them and they went over salary packages, retirement and all that stuff. They then pulled out a contract that all church members were required to sign before they could be a member of that church. The contract had all these questions about their job, income and so on. Then it went on to give them a dollar amount they were required to give each week . If they didn't they would be visited 3 times by the deacons and then removed from the church membership and asked to find another church! Now ya'll, I know I am probably as backward and southern as they come but that just doesn't seem right. They told Michael they would pay him near $100,00 per year! Now to us that is a huge sum of money and we don't need it. We pay our bills and we know how much we need to make to pay our bills but we don't have luxuries unless you count a happy home, a warm and dry place to live, clothes on our back, food on our table and people who cross our path that we can share what we have with. I think we are rich! My Michael is not quick to speak and will let you say your piece and then he thinks before he responds. When they finally slowed down enough for him to respond, he told them in a courteous but firm way how this was so wrong and why. He also told that committee that he was not the person they wanted in their group and that if any other church ever asked any of that group for a recommendation regarding him to tell them he wasn't interested in all of that. When he came home and told me about all this, I was speechless! ( That is just about as big a miracle as God parting the Red Sea... me being speechless!) I had never heard of such a thing as contracts to tithe and go to church! Have ya'll ever heard of that?
Oh, now ya'll know those big old signs that tell the time and temp. at a church are necessary. If those didn't exist everything would be in a mess because God wouldn't know what time it was and the temperature for that day! I hope I don't offend anyone by poking fun at these things. I just find that if I don't laugh I would just sit down and cry over the waste.

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 05:08:26 PM »

Jennie glad to hear your mothernlaw is better.
About the membership and required tithes---it truly saddens me. The terrible yoke that is put on man by religion, it is such a burden. Thank God that He has set us free of these things.
Kevin

jennie

thanks
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 07:30:20 PM »

Thanks to all of you for your kindness. I am so glad that God is more accepting and forgiving than people.

ertsky

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 08:35:14 PM »

tithing is evil :)

rvhill

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 09:08:06 PM »

sorry I have no cows for tithing. what is a sinner to do :?:  :twisted:  :shock:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.