bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boy, tattoos=hell!!!  (Read 6166 times)

gmik

Boy, tattoos=hell!!!
« on: April 29, 2007, 08:54:43 PM »

My son is taking classes and a girl sitting next to him, said "ya know, w/ those tattoos you are going to go to hell". He said back , "oh really, I didn't know that was the unforgivable sin.  Besides the Bible doesn't teach hell."

She went all ballistic on him.  She can't wait for him to go there and fry(her word) and she was gonna be looking from heaven and will point and laugh. etc etc.....  Many of you have experienced this tongue lashing I know. My son was using some scripture and she got madder and madder-all red in the face etc.

The funny thing was the gal next to her jumped in and said, "well, I am atheist.  I don't believe in God much less hell."  That must have been OK bcz the other girl didn't get mad at her at all. Never said a word about it.

My son comes home after this and said, boy I know what Ray means. These people are crazy and do NOT mention there is no hell!!!

Kent

Re: Boy, tattoos=hell!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 09:34:35 PM »

I learned this lesson too, recently. Some people simply demand that others be roasted and burned for trillions upon trillions of years, and no amount of scriptural truth will convince them otherwise

Some people are going to be sooooo sad when they wont be able to watch their enemies be turned in to human torches for eternity. sickening... :-\

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 11:56:02 AM »

Gena,
It sounds like that poor girl has some very serious and unresolved anger issues.  Anyone whom would laugh at another person burning in an eternal fire needs another lesson on loving thier enemy...how sad that the evil one has overtaken this soul. (I wonder what would happen to those she truly hated...) ???  :o

Your son handled it well, please tell him that Yeshua was proud of him for standing up for the truth and that his persecution has not gon unnoticed by Yeshua. ;)

Thats' pretty amazing that an athiest supported him from a hellomonger.

skydreamers

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 03:21:54 PM »

Hi Gena,

Wow, thanks for sharing your story!  You must be so proud of your son.  It's amazing how many Christians really do despise the word of God. 

I have a friend who is single and searching and recently was getting to know a Christian man who seemed kind, gentle and open.  However, he just shut the door on any possible future relationship because of my friend's belief in universal restoration.  He felt she was not "legitimizing Christ's death and resurrection" and insinuated that she was not "for" God, but "against" Him. 

I know this reactions is common, but it is still sad to realize where these people's hearts are at.  It's perplexing that as a loving Christian, one wouldn't be overjoyed at the mere possibility that God could be capable of saving everyone.  Why wouldn't they not even want to look at the scriptures to see if these things are so?  Not only are they not overjoyed, they are downright CLOSED, and in some cases, as we've seen with your son's experience, they are downright AGGRESSIVE in their assaults! How sad!

And yet, this is how God would have it for now.  And certainly I don't want to seem as if I am "judging" people who refuse to look at universal salvation.  It seems only  a short time ago I too was blind.  But what disturbs me is some people's strong reactions against the possibly that all fellow human beings will be saved....what does that say about how much love they really have??

That's why I love being a part of this forum, God has gifted us with a love for each other that grows despite whatever differences we have, or what part of our Christian walk we are in.  And we earnestly pray that we all can continue to grow in knowledge and truth.  The rest of the Christian world may say they are doing this, but do they really want it?  No, they seemingly want to stay blind....God grant me the patience to deal with people like this.

Okay, sorry for my rant....like I said, my friend just recently experienced this (a few days ago) and so it is fresh in my mind. 

Gena, I thank God for your son who is willing to stand unashamedly for the truths in Jesus...all praise and glory to God!

Peace and love to you,
Diana

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 03:45:16 PM »

Gena, it's quite disturbing to see this behaviour even in young people...
How will they become when this is the foundation that they build upon?

Lately I thought that perhaps atheists will be in the Kingdom BEFORE pharisees...

Just an apropos:

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! (Mat 6:22 KJV)

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 05:18:07 PM »

Gena

What a wonderful story and your son has earned some rewards for standing for the truth! The poor girl probably was nursing a pet hate that helps comfort her against her abusers and those who have hurt her. Many receive comfort in the thought that others will go to "Hell" for hurting or oposing them. This erro will have to be repented and corrected for it is a ungodly ghastly way of getting satisfaction by thinking others will suffer if they go against them. This is non other than a pagan idol of the heart.

Good job that your son shows no such sign of any such idol in his heart!  8)  He sets a clear brave example! :)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 08:19:15 PM »

Bless you all for your kind comments!

Tomorrow, my son starts at the UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN!!!!
(sing along now,   Hail to the victors valient, hail to the ...oh sorrry)

The liberal atmosphere there will surely test him on many levels.  His first class???  Muslims in the Middle Ages!!!  He is not agressive or unkind but he will not back down either.  I will keep you updated!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 01:27:54 AM »

Hey Gena,
Your'e funny...and I like your icon things.  You will be his biggest support while he is away!  I'm sure that he makes mom proud ;D.    What a great and memorable first University class to have :D; (I would be interested to know more about that info....you'll have to keep us informed.  Your state has the biggest Muslim population and so it will be good for him to remain aware of all that is going on with the Arabs around him... who knows, maybe he can have a positve influence on them.  (Good for him to not back down in his convictions.)

gmik

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 02:17:19 PM »

Thanks Susan!!

He has been in the Middle East & Africa for 2 years so he does have some respect and sympathies for the Islamic PEOPLE, so he very well may get along w/ them.

and yes, I BE a proud mom!! (uh oh, thats a sin isn't it???)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 03:33:42 PM »

No ways!

I think Mary was proud too! 8) and will be even more when Jesus wakes her! :D ;D 8)

blakparty

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 05:08:25 PM »

Wow! These Christians really want to fry everybody that don't agree with there theological study.  I ask one of the members at my former church (synagogue) what he thought about this particular verse Rev. 20:14 in which is says"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.".  He told me it did not say that in his Bible because it wouldn't make since. Wow!  You have to wonder if this guy ever looked in his Bible and what his eyes did when he read that. LOL  Well we will all suffer this and it will be for Christ.  We should just love these people because they are part of God's creation and God will teach them righteousness one way or another.  God bless, Rob.

Dean Peterman

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 08:22:37 AM »

Thanks Gena,

This is an interesting story.  It does seem true that people often use their belief in hell to chastise anyone that they don't like. 

Sincerely,

Dean

jER

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 06:15:32 AM »

I am proud of my daughter as well, and esteem her (with respect for standing on the truth).
This is not about self-esteem, nor one being prideful (self-respect)...tell your son, "we are proud of him, too."

Glory be to God!

-jER
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 06:18:14 AM by jER »

Shmeggly

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 06:00:31 PM »

Gena, that girl is lacking the one thing most Christians/churches lack: love.  That's it.

There is no love or compassion in a person like that.  And to be happy about someone being in hell to fry for eternity! 

I hope that one day she will have love and compassion, and have her eyes opened to the truth.  Your son sounds like he handled it a lot better than I would have!

James

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 03:16:05 AM »

I am proud of my daughter as well, and esteem her (with respect for standing on the truth).
This is not about self-esteem, nor one being prideful (self-respect)...tell your son, "we are proud of him, too."

Glory be to God!

-jER
i was going to say the same thing jER but you said it first.  being proud of our children / accomplishments, i.e. holding them in high esteem is not the same as being prideful.  having children we can hold in high esteem for their being able to stand on the Truths is the silver lining around the dark clouds of our earthly trials we have to endure. 

God is so absolutely cool,
cjwood

gmik

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 03:18:16 AM »

Thanks all for your comments. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.