bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what happens to one happens to all  (Read 4095 times)

mari_et_pere

what happens to one happens to all
« on: April 30, 2007, 03:52:30 PM »

I found this on the web......it's an excerpt from something written by Ken Eckerty

And he (Adam) said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked;
and I hid myself. (Gen 3:10)

Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed
them. (Gen. 3:21)

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (1 Cor. 15:22)

If you look at the above scriptures very carefully, you will see both the beginning and the end of the plan of God for man.  Most of us can see the beginning of this plan, but we do not have the “eyes to see” the end.  While I have no doubt that Adam was a unique individual created for God’s glory, I also believe that he is the “type” (or representative) for all humanity. 

I thought that was pretty cool though and wanted to share it with you all.

Matt

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: what happens to one happens to all
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 04:06:22 PM »

Matt,

Thanks for pointing this out.
Adam is for sure a type for all humanity, and so is Eve. And they are both in Christ who also is the second and last Adam. Now we bear the image of the earthy, and we shall also bear the image of the heavenly (be like Him).

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. (1Co 15:45-49 KJV)

Beloved, now are we the sons of God [in hope and faith], and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. (1Jn 3:2-3 KJV)

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 04:17:41 PM »

Hello there Matt!  I have missed you being on the forum!  Glad your back!  Good insight and lots of truth in this thread.

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 04:48:48 PM »

Hey Matt :)

You make a very good point. The simple message of truth has been lost unto man. Not because of Adam solely, but rather because all men since have grappled with the same desires to be as God. Only a few have grappled with this heinous idea and have conquered the desire fueled by Satan.

1 Cor. 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

This verse of Pauls that you quoted fits very well with something he wrote in a letter to Timothy. :)

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 

This is elementary understanding, yet so few see it, or are even willing to understand it. But as you say, it is the "beginning and the end."

Great post. :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.