bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Persecution  (Read 6678 times)

Jackie Lee

Persecution
« on: May 01, 2007, 11:20:54 PM »

I have really been trying to discern what persecution is.
 I know the apostles were persecuted most if not all paid with their lives
What would we consider as persecuted today?
 Can we consider our family persecuting us?
 What about sickness or poverty or lack of friends?
I believe some of what I may consider persecution is just life.
 Any thoughts about persecution?
If anyone feel they are.. would you share if it is not too private?

Kent

Re: Persecution
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »

I think it depends on the culture and the person that thinks they are persecuted.

When I think of persecution, I think of imprisonment and death for my beliefs.
Others see it as resisting and questioning the one trying to convince another to their point of view.

In my opinion it is an overused word that has lost it's meaning, due to that overuse.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:53:19 AM »

Thanks Kent I at this time see very little persecution for the faith.

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:18:02 PM »

Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 

Persecute - dioko {dee-o'-ko} [1377]

First meaning:  1) to make to run or flee, put to flight, drive away

Clearly this persecution is in reference to the physical and not the spiritual. Paul apptly aptly asks: :)

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Yet, just who will persecute us? Christ implied that the world cannot hate it's own.

Jhn 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil. 

However, a portion of the world did hate Christ, because he stood up agasinst them and spoke against their evil lies and practices. Whowas it that Christ spoke out against? It was against those who professed to be righteous, whose actions proved otherwise, the self-righteous Pharisees!

Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier [matters] of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead [men's] bones, and of all uncleanness.

Mat 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 

I can only imagine the hate mail and threats that Ray must recieve on a daily basis from the same like self-righteous priests, decons, ministers, etc today. For it is they to whom Ray is speaking against. Today, Ray can safely speak against such and fear not imprisonment or death, yet it was not like that once and neither may it be again. One day, frequenting this site might be enough to cause persecution, harrasment and possibly imprisonment. We should not be surprised if this happens.

Jhn 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you. 

2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

One last thought on the words of Paul to Timothy. Satan, never stops presecuting us and seeking ways to chip away at our faith and unwavering love for our Father. We are persecuted as such; daily. :)

Great topic, comments welcome. :)

Love,
Darren

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 12:18:42 PM by YellowStone »

Jackie Lee

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 01:14:25 PM »

Thanks Darren I really am interested in knowing about persecution, you helped.
I sometimes feel a bit persecuted by my daughter she joined the Catholic church and now has very little to do with me.
I am not sure if I persecuted am or not, I certainly am not blaming the church but her.
She can't pass a Catholic church without being drawn in to light candles.
Then again she may see the change in me.
This is just one of the ways I feel persecuted, I certainly don't want to appear as a victim though. :)

YellowStone

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 01:25:37 PM »

Jackie Lee,

All of mankind is under the influence of Satan; however, some more so than others. We who by the grace of God have been granted the spirit of truth, have at our defense the shield of faith.

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 

Yet, Satan knows that we are most suspect to a change in faith when our own family desert us. It seem that Satan is persecuting you by using your daughter against you. The road of truth can become very lonely and it is at such times when we are most at risk.

Keep strong and pray that your daughters eyes be soon openned. :)

Love to you,
Darren

Redbird

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 02:48:40 PM »

The way I look at it you all, is that WE'RE ON THE DEFENSE!

Peace to you, Lisa ;)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 02:51:55 PM »

Yes when I decided to use this thread to learn more about persecution I was thinking I may be overacting and not persecuted.
  Satan seems to find what is near and dear to us and torment us, My family is small so this is what he is doing.
I am realizing I was wrong when I agreed that the church isn't persecuted.
I just hated the fact of sounding like poor me and this victim mentality but I realize we the church will be persecuted.
 I also realize some persecution is just a part of living but this is above and beyond,It is like my mind is being messed up and confused daily.
 What better thing to use than the mind I can endure much physical pain but the mind is much worse.
I want to personally thank you Darren for helping me.
                Blessings Jackie

Jackie Lee

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 02:56:28 PM »

Exactly Lisa every day, when I feel like one thing is finished then something else of a greater power happens.
 It always messes with my mind severely.
 Yet I think I see.
Whew talk about firey darts!

Redbird

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 09:46:17 PM »

Dear Jackie,

Hang in there my friend.  Mind games are sure to happen during persecution.  You must keep your faith strong in the Lord and your eyes on Christ at all times.  As for our families, I nearly let my concern for my own parents (not to mention, sorrow for the world) literally ruin my life......When I finally realized (thanks be to God), that I am not in control ~ HE IS. That is my peace of mind.

Prayers are with you,
Lisa

Jackie Lee

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 12:51:37 AM »

Wow Lisa you nailed that one too, My mother is older and has health problems.
 Everyday I worry was I supposed to be so far away why didn't we stay when we was there.
Now my sister is the only one that lives in the same town as my mother.
 Everyday she calls me complaining about our mother, wanting me to move again so I can help.
I feel so manipulated by family.
Then just when I was starting to feel a bit more settled here, then my husband decides to look for houses in that area.
It is so hard to stay focused.
I could go on but I feel like a whiner.
Would it be too personal to tell how family almost destroyed your life?
How did you find peace and able to focus?
If it is personal or painful I understand.
Sincerely, Jackie

Jackie Lee

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 01:36:38 AM »

Lisa God is in control, thanks for the reminder.

Redbird

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 03:21:44 AM »

Dear Jackie,

To answer your questions more specifically, I am thinking ~ compassion and caring for others is a great gift from God.  It can also drain us physically and mentally if not handled with caution.  We have to be really careful in not forgetting to take care of ourselves, while we're trying to "save the world" ;) ;D  God made this very clear to me in no uncertain terms.  And, JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR, we are only helpers. :D We do what we can to help others, family being foremost of course.  Now, when the mind games and manipulations set in, I believe it is time to step back, rest and trust in the Lord...  "When the devil knocks, let Jesus answer the door!"

Peace and Love,
Lisa

jackson

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 04:47:47 PM »

Dear Jackie,

Try to remember that although persecution can hurt a great deal, it is a means of judgement.  As Paul welcomed his afflictions, we to must try to remember that these things that would hurt us can't because there is healing in Christ.  Through Him we have passed from victom to victory.

In His Grace,
Jackson 

gmik

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 05:39:35 PM »

I always figured that persecution had to mean "put to death or endure horrible tortures all for Christ".

So I thought we were so blessed(age of prosperity stuff) so we shouldn't have to go thru tortures or anytype of misfortune.

NOW, after eye-opening revelations of BT and forum I think it comes usually in the form of family and friends rejecting us.  I think sickness, wayward children, debt, divorce, lawsuits can be character building but it is not persecution necessarily.  It rains on the just and unjust.  Just part of living this life.

We shouldn't feel guilty about not enduring prison or death for being called bcz in America, at this time, that is not done.  We are not guilty about flying in an airplane when most of mankind never got to.  Medicine!  How many lives were lost to colds and flu and we don't think much about that now.

We don't know the future so that form of persecution may come back.  Who knows.  For now, it is subtle but hurts none the less.

jackson

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 06:21:58 PM »

Gena has got it exactly right.

Jackson

Jackie Lee

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 06:30:28 PM »

Most likely most of has not really known persecution even though it may feel so.
Then if real persecution comes along our *troubles* is like a picnic in the park. :)
Thanks everyone.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 07:41:48 AM »

Gena

Thank you for the courage of saying : it comes usually in the form of FAMILY AND FRIENDS

Gods winnowing fork separating the chaff from the wheat hurts most when God uses our loved ones and those closest to our hearts to separate us from the idols of our hearts that need deeper purification in His Holy fire.

Soul pain for me is worse than physical pain. Everyone can see most physical pains and give sympathy but soul pain can be so devastating yet not a scar shows on the body and neither does such wounding draw sympathy from those who have not the eyes or the experience to give comfort and instead they give indifference through blindness and hardened hearts. Yes. It can hurt what only the Lord can heal!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Redbird

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2007, 08:18:48 AM »

Arcturus,

You have such a lovely way with words. :)  From some of what my eyes have seen and experiences that I have encountered, I now view some of mental illness as a type of failed initiation so to speak.  These persons "soul wounds" run very, very deep and are crippling.  It is Satan, who comes to steal and destroy.
While, it is Jesus who comes to give true and more abundant life.  My heart truly feels sympathy for those who are perishing for lack of knowledge.

Peace to you dear sister,
Lisa

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 08:57:36 AM »

And you Lisa have a kind and sweetly encouraging  heart the Lord has blessed you to bless others with! 8)

You write and I want to comment in blue : From some of what my eyes have seen and experiences that I have encountered, I now view some of mental illness as a type of failed initiation so to speak.

Yes. It could be that along with all the drug addictions, money and wealth addictions and outwardly worldly pulls of the flesh can also be seen as the weakness into which all humanity is born to experience the contrast in order to grow in the knowledge of the truth that will eventually straighten out all. Seeing beyond the immediate is a source of courage and strength for me Lisa and it helps me not get caught into the pain of the moment that can transfer its helpless hopeless state into those who would share the sick bed with those who suffer.

I know what you mean though my words only briefly skim the surface of what I would like to express at times!

We know of a person who has been poisoned. On the day we met him he was fine! Next he was in hospital and now he can not breath and speak at the same time. What is that!? And he to all "appearances" appears to be a considerate soul, giving and kind but he has been cut down! He was supposed to supply my shop and reneged as a result of the sudden illness. All the while, the Lord was blessing me to not depend on him and I was lifted onto my feet in a brand new business. Tom (the name of the person who was to supply my shop) is out of hospital and informs my husband between gasps for breath that he has gone ahead to get all the equipment required for my shop. I know that the Lord is in charge when things like this happen that show themselves to be completely outside my understanding or control!

These persons "soul wounds" run very, very deep and are crippling.  It is Satan, who comes to steal and destroy.
While, it is Jesus who comes to give true and more abundant life.

Amen to that! We loose what is not important and the Lord gives us what IS important. Satan only steels junk and eats dust!  ;D

My heart truly feels sympathy for those who are perishing for lack of knowledge.

Perishing yes....My comfort is that they are not eternally perishing! and I just think what joy by revelation of contrast that they will experience in the end. Those last will be first and he who is forgiven much will love much!... They are going to get saved in a radical awesome merciful way although now they do not hear or see it by the plan of God and they are thorns in the flesh of those who share their burdens also by design of God to humble and strengthen until Satan has eaten all the dust and taken all the junk! ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 09:03:39 AM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.