bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Offering for a Door?  (Read 4814 times)

blakparty

Offering for a Door?
« on: May 02, 2007, 01:32:33 PM »

Well I just want to share with you my "the straw that broke the camels back" experience that made me finally "COME OUT OF HER".  I am new on the forum but not new to the real Gospel.   After I finally found the truth of God's Word, I continue to go to the synagogue for a whole year and a half because my girlfriend was going and we would have small discussions about sermons that the pastor would preach.  Of course, needless to say, she would get very angry about my opinion.  Finally, I did what Jesus told us to do in Mark 6:11 when He said: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city. 
    Anyway, we stop talking about sermons and other things.  I was real active in the synagogue and I tried to get what I can from the sermons.  It is funny but it is like I was squeezing a lemon to get the juice out of it.  Let me stop and say this and you probably can testify to this.  The more I kept going, the less juice I was getting out of this lemon.  I was involved in teaching the children in children's church.  Trust me, it was hard to pick out lessons to teach the children the real truth without offending the church leaders.  I am so glad that I don't have to do that any more but on the other hand, I hope the children remembered what I taught them.
      Well, one day, following my sinful pride of life, I received a check and a letter saying that I won a $25,000 and a Bahamas vacation.  The gave me a check for $2850 to pay for taxes.  I had to put it in the bank and then wire $1800 to them.  Of course it was a fraud.  Needless to say that my bills was not going to get paid on time.  Well I went to my family to borrow money and they could not help me.  My friends did the best they could but that didn't put a dent in my situation.  Well my girlfriend told me to ask the pastor to help in my situation.  Man I didn't want to do this but I did.  So I went in his office after church service and I told him my troubles and he told me to have faith that God will help me.  He ask me did I have money to get food.  I had not a dime in my pocket because my pay check was being ate up at the bank because I was about $1400 in the hole.  So I told him no so he reach into his wallet and gave me $20 and told me to call him the next day.  So I called him the next day and he ask me how much did I need.  Well I just told him if he can help me with my rent ($525) that it would be enough.  He hesitated and told me that that was a lot of money and he would see what he could do call him tommorrow.  So I called him again the following day.  I wasn't shock when he told me this.  This is what he told me: You are letting the devil mess with your money because you won't tithe(mind you I have been putting money in the offering plate without an envelope sometimes more than 10%) so there is nothing I can do for you.  Now that is what he told me.  Now I still kept coming to the synagogue for about 5 or 6 weeks after that and some how or another God work in the hearts of people to let me slide on paying them right away and have mercy on me. PRAISE GOD!!!!!  ( I think God was trying to show me a thing or two, wouldn't you agree?)
      So one Sunday after I came to the main sanctuary after children's church they were still having service.  I guess the pastor had the congregation fired up because normally they are done service at about the same time that we are done.  Anyway, I walk in with the children and they were speaking there "unknown tongues" and crying and falling out right before it was offering time.  It also was the pastor's wife birthday.  So after everybody calmed down they proceeded with offering.  They had a bucket for tithes, a bucket for the monthly building fund, and a bucket for the pastor's wife birthday.  Well everybody went around the table, I of course stayed in my seat because I had nothing to give.  Well this is were it get interesting.
     After offering was done, the pastor's wife stood up in the church and told the congregation that she was not going to take the offering but give it to the church's building fund.  WOW!  What a humble and great thing for her to do.  WHAT A CROCK!  So now the congregation is really talking in there "unknown tongues" and people falling over foaming at the mouth and running Olympics around the church.  So once again the pastor called the audience down and announced what great faith that his wife had and that everyone should have this kind of faith for God.  So service went on and they had announcements and after that the pastor stood up and said that he want to bless everyone in the synagogue.  Well check this out and I am telling you this truly happened.
      He stood up and said that he needed 40 people to give $10 so that he can give the contractor the money to put up a door that was donated to the church.  YES HE DID!!!!  Hold on it gets better.  So the flock one by one dug in there pocket and put ten dollars in yet another bucket.  God must be working in my heart because my first reaction to this was the sadness for the people who was giving.  After thinking about this for a minute or two, I start thinking that he could have helped me or any one else out in the same matter but then again I did not want any part of this foolishness.  Well he only got half of what he needed so he stood up again and told the audience that this is why God do not bless them when they need Him to bless them and that they need to plant a seed so that they would prosper in life.  WOW!  Well more of the flock was getting up to give and he finally received what he need to get the door installed. 
      Well that was enough for me and I will never see that door that will be installed.  So, in that since, I should myself the door and I will never return.  I thank God for the true Gospel.  And the sad part, my 12 year old daughter seen the craziness  of the whole thing and my 40 year old girlfriend missed it.  I then told my girlfriend that I will no longer sit under these lies any longer.  Needless to say, she did not talk to me for a couple of days.  But God is good.  YES HE IS!  She finally went to Ray's website and read some of the things that I come to know that is the true Gospel!  She said that she didn't quite understand it but she would try in the future to see what I see.  I didn't say a word but in my mind I was praising God that a least she did look.  I pray that she will knock on the door (Matthew 7:7)  God bless a please pray for her and pray for me to have patience and long suffering to overcome. 

gmik

Re: Offering for a Door?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 02:30:39 PM »

OMG   >:(

Boy, I have sat thru that exact same service, several times!!!

A couple of years ago, when our pastor turned 40 the church was to all pay 40$ for him.  Well, we had about 3,000 people.  Thats a lotta moola.

Anyway, shortly thereafter, our pastor was arrested on public indecency charges.  This took several months to clear up w/ the media having a field day and everyone everywhere talking about it.  Even billboards making fun of the pastor and our church.

I have always wondered if there was a connection between the 2 --40th birthday $$$$ and arrest????

LittleBear

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 01:19:41 PM »

Hi Gena and Blakparty,

I think we all went to the same church! How come I didn't see you all there?

My pastor also had to resign from the church after what he called an "indiscretion". He was a nice guy, but got caught in a homosexual act. Yikes! His wife stuck by his side though, and a couple of years later they started up another church in a different town, and I understand they are quite successful again.

Love to you both,

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 07:19:25 PM »

Unbelievable!!!!

YES, WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE! :D

skydreamers

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 07:45:40 PM »

Hi blakparty,

:oWow, that is quite the story!  Thanks for sharing.

Peace,
Diana

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 07:51:49 PM »

Hi Blakparty,
How terrible and greedy of him.  You just stay thankful that HE has pulled you out ofT that sinfullness. Hopefully God will open th eyes of your daughter and your girlfriend soon.

I was in a church where the pastor had just gotten out of prison a couple of yrs earlier and he was given the bldg by his 'pastor' dad.  He would get too upset and red faced when the men would hold him accountable to the congregation for showing the records of what money came in from tithes and where it went to.  He owned the bldg and therefore thought that he was not to be held accountble ???   i have seen many ATROCITIES done by people of the cloth!  it does not go unnoticed by our Judge.

You said that you were in a Synagogue, were you Messianic or Jewish?  I know that neither group would normally worship on Sundays since they keep the OT sabbath of Saturdays.  (I used to be Messanic.) 

Yes, we all have to learn things the hard way most of the time, so don't feel like the lone ranger.  I'm sorry if i missed it, but, where did you say that you are from? 

blakparty

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 01:28:02 AM »

No it means "Synagogue of Satan" i was actually in a church building and check this out it was called "The Church of the Living Word"

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 02:31:55 PM »

I now see 8) 8) 8) 8) what you meant ...synagogue of satan... ;) ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 03:11:17 PM »

Blackparty

To me it appears that our Lord put a door in your life that is open to the truth now and shut to the lies! while Mystery Babylon continues to build upon wood and stubble!

Rev 3:8 I know your works and what you are doing. See! I have set before you a door wide open which no one is able to shut;......... ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

blakparty

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 03:36:14 PM »

Now that is good Arcturus.  I like that.  A door is such a spiritual symbol.   Mystery Babylon used a physical door and said it was of God.  By the way, I just got a call from my former pastor and he tried to convince me to come back to the synagogue.  I was not making a wise choice.   By his foolishness, he caused me to leave and never come back.  Praise God!!!! 1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 03:50:22 PM »

Here is how I see it.....He did not "cause" you to leave but he certainly was instrumental in the plan wherein you have experienced being dragged out! ;D :D He is "caused" to believe the lie and you to no longer partake in Mystery Babylon and her plagues! So you have been delivered and the Pastor is still blind.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 03:52:07 PM by Arcturus »

blakparty

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 04:10:36 PM »

Nicely put Arcturos!! ;D ;D ;D

Kent

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 12:08:49 PM »

It never ceases to amaze me that people put up with this.
It was bad when I quit going to church 20+ years ago and it gets worse every year.

If we can see it, why can't they? It's the stampeding drunken screaming elephant in the living room.
I know that God has His hand in it, but that doesnt mean I understand it.
 ???

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.