bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduction: 'Old' Indiana Bob  (Read 6400 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Introduction: 'Old' Indiana Bob
« on: May 03, 2007, 07:43:12 PM »

Hello friends & truth seekers,

I'm new to the board, but I've been lurking for several months.
My name is Robert "Bob" Breyfogle.
I live in a small lake side village in Northern Indiana named Culver.
I'm married, 46years, with four adult children ages 36 to 45.
In 2006 I retired from the University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana.
My theological understanding is very much in line with the teaching
published on Ray Smith's web site and I am pleased to have the
opportunity to expand my knowledge even more.
I will be attending the conference in Nashville in two weeks and l am sure
we all will benefit from the opportunity to share and develop new friendships.
I plan to bring my camera and if it is permitted I will have lots of photographic
memories to take home with me and share with my family.

Please feel free to ask any questions that come to mind and to share your
own knowledge gained in the school of 'hard knocks'.

Warm regards to one and all, Bob   :o)

rk12201960

Re: Introduction: 'Old' Indiana Bob
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 07:57:27 PM »

Welcome Bob,  ;D
We're glad to have you here.
I look foward to your posts and getting to know you.

Peace and Wisdom.

In Christ
Randy

gmik

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 07:58:40 PM »

Bob, Welcome!!!  I too will be in Nashville.  Notre Dame huh??? My UofM football hubby will want to talk to you for sure ;)

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 08:16:43 PM »

Hi Bob.

Welcome to the Forum.  I lived in Indianapolis for 15 years and I have close ties to South Bend.  I've cheered on Notre Dame football for many seasons. 

I also have made arrangements to be at the Conference.  Look forward to meeting you there!

Rene'

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 11:10:29 PM »

Hi Bob,
welcome and congrat's on finding the truth!  You have searched hard to be here, as all of us have! :D  I live in West Texas, but, used to be from the Buckeye State (Ohio.)  God has begun to oepen your eyes with, do share when you feel led to of what truths HE has shown you. :)

skydreamers

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 02:55:26 AM »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 09:01:58 AM »

Hello friends & truth seekers,

I'm new to the board, but I've been lurking for several months.
My name is Robert "Bob" Breyfogle.
I live in a small lake side village in Northern Indiana named Culver.
I'm married, 46years, with four adult children ages 36 to 45.
In 2006 I retired from the University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana.
My theological understanding is very much in line with the teaching
published on Ray Smith's web site and I am pleased to have the
opportunity to expand my knowledge even more.
I will be attending the conference in Nashville in two weeks and l am sure
we all will benefit from the opportunity to share and develop new friendships.
I plan to bring my camera and if it is permitted I will have lots of photographic
memories to take home with me and share with my family.

Please feel free to ask any questions that come to mind and to share your
own knowledge gained in the school of 'hard knocks'.

Warm regards to one and all, Bob   :o)

Hello Bob,

A very special hello and welcome, it is always great to have another member (especially one of the few older than me) come on board.

I was happy to read that you will be in attendence at the Conference, I can't really express in words the incredible experience that one has in that environment.

Bring along your camera it also would be a great thing if you were to share some of the photos with the other members who are unable to attend this time.

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

Redbird

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 09:02:49 AM »

Dear Bob,

Welcome to the forum. :) So, what did you do at Notre Dame?  Congratulations on your retirement. I grew up in Chicago, but spent a few great vacations at Koontz Lake many years ago.  Oh, how time flys!

Peace to you,
Lisa

iris

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 10:25:50 AM »

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum!!!
Glad you've joined us.

Iris

nmendes

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 10:54:55 AM »

Good Morning All,

I am a new member as well.  My name is Nicole.  I live in Leesburg, VA.  I am very eager to learn more and more about God's Word.  I have been very inspired and encouraged about L. Ray Smith's teachings.  A lot of it actually blows my mind because I have never a lot of the stuff that he talks about preached at church.  Christianity today, I believe, has become very materialistic and profit oriented.  As I watch the people on TBN (Trinity Broadcast Network) in their well dressed attires claiming to preach God's Word and to see the audience hooting and cheering them on is very discouraging because all of them are being fooled.  I once was fooled until God opened up my eyes and led me to Ray Smith's website.

iris

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 11:05:41 AM »

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to the forum!!!
I'm glad that you've joined us.
Hope to hear more from you.

Iris

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 01:20:09 PM »

Friend Redbird, Lisa,

I've had several jobs during my working lifetime. The latest at Notre Dame was business administrator at the Radiation Research Laboratory.  Although located on campus the building is owned by the U. S. Department of Energy and they allocated our budget.  My job was to assist the Assistant Director with the operation of the building and the internal facilities.  The fun part was supporting the work of several 'prima-donna' scientist who were researching new developments in radiation chemistry while teaching graduate students from several nations around the world.

One interesting fellow, Dr. Tripathi, a Hindu, shared many hours with me explaining his religion and assuring me that he had read the Bible and thought that it was a good book and how wonderful it would be if more Christians actually followed it's teachings.  Based upon his experience in a Catholic University, Christians left a lot to be desired in their personal conduct and peaceful approach to other cultures and beliefs.

I've lived in Culver since 1978, but I was born in Crown Point, Indiana which is about 40 miles from down town Chicago and you're right, time does fly, especially when we get older.

Hope to hear from you again and perhaps to see you at Nashville.

Regards, Bob
= = = =

Dear Bob,

Welcome to the forum. :) So, what did you do at Notre Dame?  Congratulations on your retirement. I grew up in Chicago, but spent a few great vacations at Koontz Lake many years ago.  Oh, how time flys!

Peace to you,
Lisa

gmik

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 05:19:32 PM »

Welcome Nicole.  Glad you joined us(the more gals the merrier :D).  Virginia has got to be one of the most beautiful places, and the history!!!  My son lived in Arlington for a year and then 3 months at Quantico.  I always loved visiting. (DC will just forget about!!!-the traffic).  I always love that little spot going thru Wytheville on our way south from Michigan.  Good half way to spend the nite!!

ANYWAY, read as much as you can and you may as well come to the conference too! ;)

rk12201960

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 10:05:07 PM »

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to the forum.
We're glad to have you.
Looking forward to your posts

In Christ.
Randy.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 10:39:52 PM »

Welcome Nicole.  Glad you found us! :D  You will not be disapointed here!  Jump on in and join the truth and fun.

Redbird

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 08:03:57 AM »

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your kind reply.  It sounds like you have lived a very interesting life!  I am also wondering, do your children hold the same beliefs as you?  And your wife, of WOW, 46 years?  That is great. :) It looks like I won't get to Nashville this time, but hope you all have a beautiful blessed weekend.

In His Grace, Lisa

indianabob

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 07:39:12 PM »

Friend Lisa (redbird)

Regarding beliefs of family members.  My wife agrees with most of what 'WE' believe, but she doesn't share it outside the home or communicate via email.  We do discuss things and she seems to understand. I am funding this trip to Nashville with her blessing and that means something since it is OUR money.

My oldest daughter agrees and teaches as she can in her local church. Her husband is an elder and agrees and they have permission of the pastor, but the congregation is a hard sell.  Members are mostly older folks who are set in their ways.  However, they do keep attending so who knows where it will go.

My oldest son understands and can hold an intelligent conversation on the subject, but I don't believe one would describe him as a believer at this time.  My younger daughter listens to our conversations and contributes in a friendly, understanding manner, but she is focused on her career and doesn't lose any sleep over her relationship with God, as far as I can determine.  My youngest son is also a good listener, logical and concerned that God should be just and fair, but he doesn't study the Bible and won't be told what to do in any regard; a free spirit one might say.

All in all, the whole family could sit and contribute in a friendly conversation on the subject of God's will and plan for mankind and would fit in with the conference atmosphere if I could get them to attend, but other matters take precedence in their lives at this time.

Please feel free to share you own background as time permits.

bob.breyfogle@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.