bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself.  (Read 5257 times)

jackson

Hello everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself.
« on: May 04, 2007, 12:35:43 PM »

First of all, I'd just like to say what a great place this is.  After viewing some of the commits made here I knew I had to get to know you folks.  I've been very pleased not to find any of the pretense or self rightious attitude that seems to dominate so much of the religious talk these days.

What I did find was a genuine and sincere platform from which to seek the truth.  So on behalf of the rest of the worlds "seekers" thanks for making this haven of reason and truth.

Well, as for myself, I'm a 36 year old guy living in North Carolina.  I have a wife and 2 beautiful daughters.  I work as an artist and I've always wondered why nobody thinks the way I do about God.  Even as a child I use to wonder if I was reading the Book upside down because the "powers that be" were sending me mixed messages.  The sence that only half the truth was ever being told permiated my heart and left me with much guilt.  The idea that my "heritical" thoughts would send me to hell in a handbaskit was almost to much to bear.  So I withdrew.  Away from Christ there is no picnic, let me tell ya.  I have said and done, seen and thought many bad things...regretable still.  But the Good News is that Jesus redeemed me from that "hell" and revealed himself to me and continues to everyday.  Glory be to God!  In fact, the very day I asked Him if I might have some liked minded people to help support me in my faith walk, He lead me here.  He is so good to me!

I should quit now, I'm starting to ramble.

In His Grace,
Jackson   

nmendes

Re: Hello everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 12:45:49 PM »

welcome Jackson, my name is Nicole.  I am also new to this forum.

Redbird

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 02:27:02 PM »

Nicole and Jackson,

Welcome to the forum.  It's so good to "see" new people here!

Peace to you ~ Lisa

iris

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 03:13:44 PM »

Hi Jackson,

Welcome to the forum!!!
I'm glad you found your way onto Bible-Truths.
I look forward to hearing more from you.

Iris

jackson

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 03:53:44 PM »

thanks for the warm welcome everyone. hope we can talk soon

gmik

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 05:22:19 PM »

OMG Jackson I was getting chills reading your story.  Please continue it some day.  Welcome and so glad the Lord led you to us.  Looking forward to getting to know you.  Rick is from NC.  Gee, thats not too far from Nashville ::)

DuluthGA

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 03:41:15 AM »

Hi Jackson!

No, you have not yet rambled enough!  HA!  Good to hear from you newbie, such as myself.  A good note from you!

I'm in agreement with much of you say; yes, I hope not to be pretentious among others who genuinely claim to be followers of Christ [that would not be Christ-like], and GOLLY I sure do love this haven of reason and truth too!!!!  Yip!  We are at the best place we can possibly be!

Your position in life as being a mature man with a wonderful family is a delight to hear of! 

As a coincidental sideline:  I'm 53 and I care for my now 90-year-old father in my home.  His bath lady of five years [Tilina] ALSO has three daughters, 17, 15, 9], and I get to hear about them about every other week and see a few of them periodically.  Such joy!  You never know if one or a combination of your daughters will wind up taking care of you at some later date in time!  HA!!!  Just a thought.   ;)

And you are soooooooo right, and it's nice to hear it being articulated that there is no/nada/nought good feelings away from HIM, our Master.  Righto dear brother in Christ. 

Regretable deeds?  If we build a campfire and sit around and 'chew the fat' all night, we still would not have covered all of my missings.

And yet still I miss.  The worse lately is that I am a hypocrite still in a few ways.... [regretably]

I'm glad for you brother in Christ and God, and oh yes, let's not forget.... especially since you have daughters... that God IS PART/HALF FEMALE...  [if you haven't yet, check out Ray's Insights on this matter in the transcript of God's Will.  There's a section on Creation... regarding Adam and Eve.  If you have'nt, you MUST read it, about the Hebrew word = 'tsela' getting mistranslated = 'rib;' where in fact it was translated about ten times in the Old Testament as = 'chamber.'  If you don't know or cannot find Ray's transcript on this, please let me know, and I would be more than glad to copy you on it.  ANOTHER MIND BLOWER!

Just to give you a smile.  May God bless you and your family!

Caregiver

mari_et_pere

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 03:43:04 PM »

Jackson, welcome brother! Your story was sounding like me telling my story until you quit. No need for that.  :)

But stick around; you'll love it here!

Matt

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 04:32:33 PM »

Welcome Jackson.  I have family in Ft.Bragg area (Hope Mills.)  Are you close to them?  You might check on the site here  to see if there are others that live in your area, if I 'm not mistaking, there is one or two in N.C..  I am glad that God brought you here; welcome home and do make yourself at home :D.  I live in W. Texas.

skydreamers

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 06:49:04 PM »

Hello Jackson!  How did I miss your introduction???...I see you posted it over a month and a half ago!!!  So sorry...so well, I know it's a little late but....

God bless,
Diana

lq1over

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 02:42:37 AM »

Welcome Jackson,
It is great to find like minded fellowship. I visit Bible-Truths daily and visit and participate in the forum when I can.
I am also from NC.
In His Grace,
LQ 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 05:50:51 AM »

Hello Jackson

Welcome the the Forum and thank you for sharing your testimony. You say : that only half the truth was ever being told permiated my heart and left me with much guilt. I can relate! It left me with clinical depression for ten years! Am now past that ditch for which I thank Jesus! Lies can kill on many levels!

Glad you have been shown the truth! Enjoy.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.