bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ol' Fred  (Read 4419 times)

hillsbororiver

Ol' Fred
« on: May 05, 2007, 02:33:55 PM »

Ol' Fred had been a religious man who was in the hospital, near death. The family called their preacher to stand with them. As the preacher stood next to the bed, Ol' Fred's condition appeared to deteriorate and he motioned frantically for something to write on.

The pastor lovingly handed him a pen and a piece of paper, and Ol' Fred used his last bit of energy to scribble a note, then he died. The preacher thought it best not to look at the note at that time, so he placed it in his jacket pocket.

At the funeral, as he was finishing the message, he realised that he was wearing the same jacket that he was wearing when Ol' Fred died.

He said, "You know, Ol' Fred handed me a note just before he died. I haven't looked at it, but knowing Fred, I'm sure there's a word of inspiration there for us all."

He opened the note, and read out loud, "Hey, you're standing on my oxygen tube!"

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Ol' Fred
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 02:45:16 PM »

Good one Joe!

In more ways than one Mystery Babylon does the same! ;D

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 03:32:13 PM »

(...only you Joe, can (put out forrest fires?), no... come up with this ;D ;D ;D ) (Hey, I'm medical minded...I have seen this done before (only the patient didn't die ;)

(Joe, a memorable time of mine...
I actually stepped on the urine catheter of one of my patients that was sitting up in his oversized chair...which caused him great discomfort! (I felt terrible)...He was hospitalized b/c of complications from his obesity (he weighed about 750-800 lbs.)  So, he was sitting in his chair with his belly hanging down over the chair, drooping just about three inches from actually touching the floor when he had asked me to check and see if I had pulled his catheter out of him, so I had to get on the floor with my ear touching the floor to check... :-[ :-[ :-[luckily the catheter was still in place... ::) :-[ :-[   ???(...he didn't die though ;) ;))

iris

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 04:07:33 PM »

;D  ;D  ;D

Iris

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 09:41:42 PM »

Toooo much info there, Susan. ;D

skydreamers

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 10:07:52 PM »

(Joe, a memorable time of mine...
I actually stepped on the urine catheter of one of my patients that was sitting up in his oversized chair...which caused him great discomfort! (I felt terrible)...He was hospitalized b/c of complications from his obesity (he weighed about 750-800 lbs.)  So, he was sitting in his chair with his belly hanging down over the chair, drooping just about three inches from actually touching the floor when he had asked me to check and see if I had pulled his catheter out of him, so I had to get on the floor with my ear touching the floor to check... Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassedluckily the catheter was still in place... Roll Eyes Embarrassed Embarrassed   Huh(...he didn't die though Wink Wink)

Toooo much info there, Susan.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 10:08:17 PM by skydreamers »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 11:24:17 PM »

Patrick,
sorry, but I debated wether to put this on here or not, but, I figured you all needed a good laugh ;)...trust me, I was NOT laughing when I had that situation actually happen!... ::)

IRIS... now those little smiley faces cracked me up, I think those are the most funny ones that I have ever laid eyes on!!! ;D ;D ;D  I absolutely love those the best.  (Thank you, I needed that! :D)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.