bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emphatic Diaglott  (Read 9314 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Emphatic Diaglott
« on: May 06, 2007, 09:39:06 AM »

Ray -

On your Forum, in one of the posts (dated April 11, 2006) under Bible Translator, you state the following:

Great website, just one question why haven't you contacted a bible translator(s) about your discovery?

Dear Reader:
For what?  The world doesn't need another translation. We have several good ones. The Concordant Literal, Rotherham's Emphasized Bible, The Emphatic Diaglott, and some out of print Bibles. Besides, I am not a scholar in anything. I teach the Truths of God as He has revealed them to me. That's what I do, and that's all that I do.
God be with you,
Ray

I am not familiar with the "Emphatic Diaglott". Is the the Jehovah Witnesses' Bible? I can understand that the Concordant Literal and Rotherham's Emphasized Bibles are good translations, but I thought that the JW version was one that actually 'added' and 'took away' from the original transcripts. Is this not so?

I would appreciate your view on the Emphatic Diaglott, as I would like to read a better translation of the Holy Scriptures (the Word of GOD).

Thanks once more for the teachings of His Truth.

Brother, George.

Dear George:
The Emphatic Diaglott is "emphatically" NOT, "the bible of the Jehovah's Witnesses." It was finished and published (1864) 76 years before there ever was such an organization at the Jehovah's Witnesses (1931).  While you will find the Emphatic Diaglott in the libraries of the JW's, it is decidedly not one of their works or productions. The Diaglott, in fact, contradicts the "New World Translation" (which IS the Jehovah's Witnesses official bible), all over the place.
They have fallen victim to the same pagan heresies as the Christians. For example, in Matt. 25:46 where the Diaglott uses "aionian" the New World Translation uses the King James "everlasting."

No, Benjiman Wilson (compiler of the Diaglott) would turn over in his grave if he knew that the JW's handle his work, but contradict it in their own translation.

The Diaglott can be purchased on the Internet.

God be with you,
Ray

1864. Benjamin F. Wilson, The Emphatic Diaglott. Geneva, IL: B. F. Wilson, 1864. Originally published by the author in parts, which were bound together in 1864, and reprinted in 1865 and 1866. Later editions were published by Samuel R. Wells (later Fowler & Wells) of New York in 1873, 1870, 1871, 1872, 1873, and in 1882. The 1873 and 1882 reprints are titled, The Emphatic Diaglott: containing the original Greek Text of what is commonly styled the New Testament, according to the Recension of Dr. J.J. Griesbach, with an interlineary word for word English Translation; a new Emphatic Version, based on the interlineary Translation, on the Renderings of eminent Critics, and on the various Readings of the Vatican Manuscript, No. 1209 in the Vatican Library, together with illustrative and explanatory Footnotes, and a copious Selection of References, to the whole of which is added a valuable alphabe tical Appendix. This is the Greek text of Griesbach 1805, printed with a literal interlinear English version, and beside it in a parallel column there is a very peculiar English version, with certain words made "emphatic" by typography. Brief notes and references are given at the foot of the page. At the end is an "Alphabetical appendix of the geographical and proper names, weights, measures ... etc." This version is of interest chiefly because of its subsequent use by the "Jehovah's Witness" organization, which also reprinted it for the use of its members.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 09:46:33 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.