bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jehovah's Witness  (Read 5511 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Jehovah's Witness
« on: May 06, 2007, 09:48:39 AM »

Dear Phil:  I will make a few COMMENTS in your email.........

Hi, my name is phil, and i like most of the things in your website.

i started searching the forum regarding the similarities between what the jehovah's witnesses believe and what you believe.

so far the only things that i've seen that you debate with the witnesses, are (Acts 15:20)  ... to abstain from blood. . .

COMMENT:  Unless all Jehovah's Witnesses are vegetarians, they DO EAT BLOOD.  The commandment against "eating" or "drinking" blood does not have reference to eating properly killed cattle which meat still has some blood in it at the time of cooking.  Numerous pagan cultures drink blood straight from the veins of the necks of goats and cattle.  These are the practices that the Scriptures forbid. A blood transfusion is not "eating" OR "drinking" someone's blood, but I have not problem with anyone who wishes to refuse blood transfusions.

and (Matthew 7:13-14)  “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it."

now correct me if i miss read you, but I'm under the impression that you believe that every one will enter into god's kingdom.

COMMENT:  Actually, I have never said that "everyone will enter into god's kingdom."  First of all I would never think to refer to "GOD" with a small "g."
    Secondly, what I have said is that "everyone will be SAVED."  There is a technicality there that I do not wish to go into at this time.  Matt. 7:13-14, however, has nothing to do with man's eternal destiny.  Like the world of Christendom, you too have been duped into believing that it is only in THIS LIFE that man can be saved.  NO, only a relatively few, the called and chosen, ELECT, are the only ones chosen for salvation in this lifetime. You, like all of Christendom and all of paganism as well, believe that Judgment does not mean judgment at all, but rather it means "SENTENCING." Nothing could be further from the truth:

"When Thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the inhabitants of the WORLD WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isaiah 26:9). That is an absolutely FACT OF SCRIPTURES, and back a few chapters this same Isaiah was inspired to write: "If they speak not according to THIS WORD it is because there is NO LIGHT IN THEM" (Isaiah 8:20).

I stand on what I said:  "I do not believe that Christendom or the Jehovah's Witnesses have one major doctrine correct according to Scripture."

A couple of weeks ago two JW's came to my door. I didn't let them in, but we chatted a few minutes at the door. They were asking me if I realized how bad things were in the world, etc.  I stated that God will get bring righteousness to all mankind. They disagreed (not believing that all will be saved).  I commended them for not teaching the pagan doctrine that God will torture most of humanity for all eternity, but I admonished them that neither will God ANNIHILATE most of humanity for all eternity either. They quickly informed me that men CHOOSE OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL to not be saved.  I told them that man HAS NO FREE WILL, and that God states that it is He "which works in you both TO WILL AND TO DO of His good pleasure."  The one quickly quipped back to me: "THAT'S NOT IN THE BIBLE."  I suggested they look up Phil. 2:13, and with that they kicked the dust off their feet and quickly left my yard.

I fully realize that many JW's a better equipped to argue their beliefs than are most Christians, however, get them off of their memorized chain of Scriptures, and they are totally, spiritually lost in the areas of Scripture with which they are not familiar.

That having been said. If those are the only things you have against the JWs.
    then what makes you say "There is not ONE DOCTRINE of the Jehovah's Witnesses that I believe or teach."

COMMENT:  I am not more "AGAINST the JW's" as you suggest, than I am against those of any religion.  The religion of the JW's is as UNscriptural as many other Christian denominations.

what do you mean by that? because, you obviously believe that God is not some mysterious trinity, just like the jehovah's witnesses.

COMMENT:  There are usually at least two sides to everything. That God is not "some mysterious trinity," as you suggests only tells us what you think God ISN'T; it does not tell us what you think God IS.   And there is where JW's have major departures from the Scriptures.  One day you will come to learn that "Jehovah" is not God the Father as you and most of Christendom believe and teach.

Moses heard and saw Jehovah, as did many others "hear His voice."  Yet Jesus plainly teaches, "And the Father Himself, which has sent Me, has bone witness of Me. Ye [all of them and all of us] have neither HEARD HIS VOICE at any time, nor SEEN HIS SHAPE"  (John 5:37).

"NO MAN [including Moses and the others] has SEEN GOD AT ANY TIME, the only begotten Son [God] , which is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him"  (John 118).

"All things are delivered unto Me of My Father: and NO MAN knows the Son, but the Father, neither knows any man the Father, save the Son, and He to whomsoever THE SON WILL REVEAL HIM"  (Matt. 12:27).  ONLY the Son can reveal the Father to anyone.  So how do these Scriptures square with the erroneous teaching that Jehovah is God the Father?  If you would come to our Nashville Conference in two weeks, you would see these things clearly explained from the Scriptures.  Who created the heavens and the earth?  "Elohim" (Gen. 1:1) or "Jehovah [Yehwah] Elohim" (Gen. 2:4).

Thats one...  so what did you mean by doctrine?

COMMENT:  That is NOT ONE!

i like your web site, it's very stylistic and i might refer some people to it. however, I'm very set on what i have learned from the bible through the witnesses, thats why i got baptized. by then i had already seen the other side of the story,

COMMENT:  If you believe that I teach virtually the same as the Jehovah's Witnesses, then I can assure absolutely, that you have NOT "seen the other side of the story."  The doctrines of the JW's DO NOT Scripturally replace the pagan teachings of Christendom. You will be amazed when you finally do see the truth.
    God be with you,
    Ray

I've read testimonies of Ex-JWs, and other apposing views, but in the end after using my power of reasoning i made the decision, and i'm happy with it.

PS   Reading "Ex-JW's" views or other Christian "opposing views" is hardly the place to learn the truth regarding what is right or wrong with JW doctrine. That's kinda like learning the "truth" about the Catholics from the Protestants.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 10:12:26 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.