bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praying  (Read 5052 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Praying
« on: May 06, 2007, 09:49:26 AM »

Your post about Praying by Gods rules left me confused. Are we allowed to ask for anything at all? What about our health, wisdom, courage to accept Gods Will? I would never pray for anything like a new Car, but is it all right to ask for guidance in a new business adventure, or as I said, or pray for a good medical report if you have tests. Seems just saying "Let your will be done" just ain't much prayer, but if that is the way it is..... also.... in giving thanks to God for all he has done.... I know that living here in the USA in this time in History is a Blessing most don't even recognize, however if you think of even living here two hundred years ago....wow... we are surly blessed. I mean think of all the wonderful things we have... we can go from coast to coast in a matter of hours. we can travel to Florida and even witness the launching o f a spaceship, we can stand on a mountain top and talk on a cell phone to most anyon e in the world.... the very magnitude of what we have in this generation and in this country is simply a miracle of God. Just think..... our spirit, or Soul, or what ever makes us who we are could have just as easily been in a human living in Iraq, then we would be .... Muslim.... says a lot for free will doesn't it.
    Tommy

Tommy:  You didn't pay attention to what I wrote. Below is straight out of my paper on prayer:

SO WHAT SHOULD WE PRAY FOR?

ANYTHING YOU DESIRE that accords with God’s will, and accords with "what must be." God had met my physical needs of food, clothing, shelter, and transportation. What I pray about are qualities godliness—love, faith, courage, knowledge & understanding, wisdom, patience, self-control, thankfulness. I am a firm believer that if we think about the right things; we will then pray about the right things. I pray all day about everything and anything that is strongly on my mind. Why shouldn’t we, seeing that God is our Father and Jesus is our Saviour and Elder Brother. God wants to hear from us. Talk to your God. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G  IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR YOU TO THINK ABOUT OR BE CONCERNED ABOUT IS WORTHY OF TALKING WITH GOD ABOUT."

Granted, we need to study the Scriptures to learn more about what God's will is, but until we have perfect understanding, we pray as best we can.  Notice that in the first and last sentence of the above paragraph, I used the word "ANYTHING"!!

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.