bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: End time prophecy not related to hell  (Read 8900 times)

Kat

Re: End time prophecy not related to hell
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 12:20:21 PM »

Hi Laren,

I have not studied the preterists view, so I can not speak on what they believe.  But what you say about it seems like they look at everything in only a spiritual way.

"do i still see death, still see tears", the answer is no, because that was the result of covenant between man and God.  Old covenant is tears, death etc.  New covenant is life.

I understand that everything has a spiritual aspect to it, and that we are moving towards becoming spirit.  But right now I can not deny the physical. 
To say there is no more death and tears, is looking at things from only that perspective.  Still being in the body of flesh and blood, death and tears are very real to me. 
And I do not see how Preterists believe that we are not under a covenant, as you state.

We are not under old covenant law, there is no covenant between God and us, which was the ministration of death, it is done.  Grace reigns.

Mark 14:24  And He said to them, This is My blood of the New Covenant, which is poured out for many.

2Cor 3:6  who also has made us able ministers of the new covenant; not of the letter, but of the spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit makes alive.

The elect are under the new covenant, as Paul states and that he was teaching.

It just seems to me that the Preterists have the view that it's all spiritual now, and that denies that Christ is yet to come in all His glory to the earth.

Mat 24:30  Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

I don't think all the earth have seen Him coming in power and glory.
And the elect will have yet to be perfected.

1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
v. 9  Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
v. 10  But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.

Phi 3:12  Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

The elect are 'awakened' now, but it is only the begettal of the spirit, they have yet to be born, we are not like the wind.

Joh 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
v. 7  Do not marvel that I said to you, "You must be born again.'
v. 8  The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Rom 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creation waits for the manifestation of the sons of God.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Laren

Re: End time prophecy not related to hell
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 01:28:50 PM »

Hi Kat, the difference between what you are saying and the preterist view, is that the coming of Christ in power and glory has happened, the consumation has occurred and we are the families that are blessed through the consumation. 

The difference is  the timing. 

You are right, they do have to spiritualize this because in the physical realm, we see a lot of pain and tears. 

The book of Revelation is the end of the old coveannt.  It is death.  There is no more death, if the old covenant system is no more. 

It was the Revelation of the Resurrected Christ, and no longer would God define man's righteousness by what man could do (human possiblitly) but through Christ's faith. 

When i say we are no longer under covenant it is referring to the covenant in Deuteronomy, based on man's performance, not on Christ's faith. 

I'll back out now.  Thanks for letting me share as much as i have. 

In Him

Laren

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.