bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 5074 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: May 08, 2007, 07:24:56 PM »

I've read your article on tithing, and I was impressed, because I have similar views. My question is, what are your views on proportional giving?

In His Service.

Dear Cedric:
    I just don't get into such stuff. Let people give what they want. Maybe it is easier for a church to budget if people commit to a certain percentage on a regular basis, but it is not always practical or even possible. Sometimes people could give more, maybe ten or twenty percent, but other times only five percent, or in emergencies maybe nothing. 
God inspires a few people to give to our ministry on a regularly basis, and for these we are thankful, but we don't take salaries and therefore spend only what comes in. I'm sorry, but I do not believe in my heart of hearts that those denominations who spend tens of millions of dollars on huge buildings and grounds, honor God anymore than we do with our little bible-truths.com ministry. As I have said in the past regarding the giant incomes of many churches:  "Never have so many accomplished so little with so much"!!
    God be with you,
    Ray
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:08:56 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.