bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Kiss of Death  (Read 9464 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: The Kiss of Death
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 09:37:23 AM »

Good morning Everyone,

Thank you all for the sincere and well thought out replies, we need discernment in all things and praying for this is a prayer the Lord is pleased to answer.

1Ki 3:7  And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.

1Ki 3:8  And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.

1Ki 3:9  Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?  

1Ki 3:10  And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.

1Ki 3:11  And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;

1Ki 3:12  Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.

1Ki 3:13  And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honor: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days.

His Peace to you,

Joe

LittleBear

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 01:48:08 PM »

Joe,

Thank you for those scriptures, they are full of hope. I have a hard time discerning the intents of people's hearts. I always want to believe that they are sincere, and I don't want to judge harshly, but I also want to know the truth. If people are not sincere, I would prefer to know.

I guess that's the dilemma that Solomon faced. What an amazing prayer he prayed! I usually say to God that I would make a terrible judge because everyone looks innocent to me. Of course the better prayer is what Solomon asked for. I think I'll do the same. I want to go on and not be stuck in the same way of thinking. Over the course of time, though, one gets to see what a person's motives are, but initially, it's hard to see.

Ursula

hillsbororiver

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 04:48:07 PM »

Dear Ursula,

You are very welcome Sister.

It seems that especially recently we as a group have been doing very well in how Paul advises us to interact with each other, it has been a very joyful experience of late.

1Th 5:11  Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

1Th 5:12  And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you;

1Th 5:13  And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

1Th 5:14  Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

From time to time I hear folks say "I do not need to learn from any man, the Spirit is guiding me in my journey," these words can sound deeply spiritual but when one sees the actions and interactions of some of these people it becomes glaringly obvious that they desire not to learn from those with a deeper understanding but instead they seek the praise of other men for their independent declarations, I have noticed these very same people need to justify themselves before men, be acknowledged before men and be vindicated before men yet they are above learning from anyone. How is this possible?

It seems here that Paul underlines the fact that thankfulness (rather than rejection or murmurings) is in order when we are provided with a teacher of the meat of the Word. One who teaches not from their own understanding but from the Word of God. The Lord has called and used men to be teachers from Genesis forward.

We need to be like Solomon in seeking His gift of discernment and then act accordingly. Feelings and emotions from our own carnal heart can be our worst enemy and a detriment to our brethren .

His Peace to you,

Joe

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.