bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How does one get rid of pigeons ?  (Read 13705 times)

mrsnacks

How does one get rid of pigeons ?
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:46:35 AM »

I have four to five of them flying on our roof during the day. They poop from there and it drops on our front porch. Any suggestions ?

hillsbororiver

Re: How does one get rid of pigeons ?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 10:14:02 AM »

Hi mrsnacks,

I have personally never encountered this problem so I Googled "pigeon deterrent" and this is what I got,  http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=pigeon+deterrent&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Since I do not know all the particulars I linked you directly to the results.

Good luck,

Joe

mrsnacks

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 04:03:25 AM »

Thanks

Chris R

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »

Ive heard of folks putting a "owl" statue near were the pigeons roost, this might help.

Chris

dogcombat

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 12:27:50 PM »

How's about sneaking up behind them and yelling BOO?!

Ches

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 08:55:40 AM »

How's about sneaking up behind them and yelling BOO?!

Ches

I tried that too, That only works for a few minutes :)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 11:08:06 AM »

Ive heard of folks putting a "owl" statue near were the pigeons roost, this might help.

Chris

Some of the folks near me that have the multimillion dollar homes have tried the owl statue on their tennis/B-ball courts.
It worked for about a month, now the pigeons just poop on the owls. 

mari_et_pere

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 11:52:17 AM »

LOL this brings back memories! When I was a child, pigeons built a nest in the tv antenna tower beside my mom and dad's house. The location of the nest was close enough to my parents' bedroom window that the pigeons drove them nuts, and I think the simple presence of the birds in general was enough to drive me nuts. I rememember he used to pull the garden hose over there and spray the heck out of the nest to knock it down, but God apparently gave the pigeons the ability to create a super fortress of a nest, because the water wouldn't knock it down.
I remember trying to help my dad by throwing tennis balls and the like at the nest, but nothing ever worked. Year after year the pigeons would come back to that exact spot on my dad's tv antenna tower. LOL.......funny what you remember sometimes :)

Matt

p.s. To answer your question: You just may be stuck with those stupid birds LOL. I don't think my dad ever found a way to deter them other than a gun. (which he would never ever do)

mrsnacks

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 12:54:30 PM »

I think I may have found the solution. I went on a Google
 search and found this company that sells these helium balloons with this painted face on it and eyes that rotate. It floats on a string and hovers over your home. The face with the rotating eyes scares the birds away. It is really scary looking. It cost just under $50.00.

The owl thing works for about a month and then the pigeons get wise.

Does the pigeon have a predator ?

Does Ray have any emails or audio teachings on how to get rid of pigeons? ;D

seminole

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 12:57:39 PM »

All I ever heard of was the owl thing.

joyful1

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 12:10:22 PM »

mrsnacks--
 :D :D ahahahahahah!  :
I think I may have found the solution. I went on a Google
 search and found this company that sells these helium balloons with this painted face on it and eyes that rotate. It floats on a string and hovers over your home. The face with the rotating eyes scares the birds away. It is really scary looking. It cost just under $50.00.

:::;LOLROFWT:::::   :D :D

did you know that these balloons will also repel alien space-craft??  ;D ;D
Joyce

mari_et_pere

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 12:58:24 PM »

Have you tried climbing up there, running around yelling and screaming? That'll chase 'em all away!  ;D ;D
You might get some weird looks from the neighbors though. ;D
"What's that moron doing NOW?????" LOL  ;D
But hey, be careful up there. Don't fall. If you do, just grab onto that helium baloon with the rotating eyes.

Matt

mrsnacks

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 02:03:48 PM »

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I do have an idea though. I was going to send for the helium balloon thing with eyes but I don't have the extra $60 to get the thing as yet. I was thinking of calling Kenneth Copeland , Joyce Meyer, or Creflo , and asking them for a donation to give to my need of a helium balloon and in return God will open up the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing on them. They do spend their money on lear jets, million dollar mansions, $1500 Brioni suits,  and fancy cars so why not a helium balloon with eyes for a brother in need. Just $60. The price of one button or a cufflink to them.

I did show my wife the picture of the balloon and I got a look you could've poured on a waffle. The look was like - you're not going to put that thing on top of my house.

I am eagarly awaiting Ray's new series on pigeons. Hey Kat , how is he coming with that ? Is he almost done ?

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 02:09:31 PM »

Put little sharp nails on the edge of your roof! That'll keep them away from there!
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

mari_et_pere

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 02:10:35 PM »

LOL I'll try to set up a Help Mrsnacks fund. Anyone interested in donating?

mari_et_pere

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 02:12:39 PM »

No, the sharp nails won't work. They'll pop the balloon.
Oh and snacks, what happens when the helium goes away and the balloon droops? Is it refillable?

mrsnacks

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 02:28:08 PM »

Mrsnacks fund is a great idea. Send me a donation of  any amount.  Donations of $2000 or more  and I will send you some dirt from the island of Tahiti where I will go with the money sent to me.

The nails won't work because duh - they will just just land elsewhere on my roof.

The fact is the balloons are refillable. The problem is the custom machine that refills them are $500. The other problem this creates is if I do this- I may come home one day and find the locks on the house changed. Or My new bed may be on the couch. But I gotta do something. The other day I came home and about 5-6 of them were in the front yard. They are multipying.  They must be catholics because they don't believe in birth control. They need to get Ray's teachings.

Read my new thread on my dog problem. Am I going through judgment here ?

mari_et_pere

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 02:43:22 PM »

LOL! I wish I had a helium tank! Which by the way is all you should need, which wouldn't be ALL THAT much........but yeah I'd use mine on a daily basis, inhaling it and sounding like Chip and Dale. I'd sit by the phone waiting for a solicitation call and let the fun begin!

But......what's the prob with pigeons? I think they're cool. I mean they might be dirty but it's not like you're gonna lick them or anything. Right? Please tell me I'm right........

Matt

iris

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 03:19:37 PM »

But......what's the prob with pigeons? I think they're cool. I mean they might be dirty but it's not like you're gonna lick them or anything. Right? Please tell me I'm right........

:D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D

Iris

cherokee

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 04:40:55 PM »

Mrsnacks,

I recieved a email on the many uses of WD-40. Here's the one that may help you.

Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).

Suzie

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.