bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: which evil?  (Read 4091 times)

jackson

which evil?
« on: May 09, 2007, 07:06:36 PM »

In Isaiah 45:7 Yahweh describes His aactions by saying, "...I make peace, and create evil...".

I understand the fleshy, carnal evil aspect but is this also intended to mean moral evil?

Did or did not the Lord create a universe governed by moral order?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: which evil?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 07:27:28 PM »

Evil is evil.

Moral evil as you say, is a contradiction of terms. It is an oxymoron!

You ask : Did or did not the Lord create a universe governed by moral order?

No. God created the universe to raise up sons and daughters.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 07:35:15 PM »

God never said that this life would be a bed of roses :)

This is what he told Adam and Eve following the eating of the forbidden fruit.

Gen 3:15  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Gen 3:16  Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Gen 3:17  And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life;

Gen 3:18  Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

Gen 3:19  In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return.

Is the world evil? Yes, according to Paul.

Gal 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father

But do not be saddened by this. We were made in the image of God, and deep down most everyone yearns for peace and happiness. This is what God wants for us too. Believe me, when we finally get it, we will truly appreciate it.

Love in Christ,
Darren

Kent

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 07:48:59 PM »

God never said that this life would be a bed of roses

Ain't that the truth...
But it's worth it.

How can you know good without evil? Good cannot even be appreciated without knowing evil.

:)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 02:43:58 AM »

I agree we have to experience both good and evil to learn know and understand.
If we never experience anything but good what do we learn from that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.