bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I will one day wind up in Heaven for infinite years correct?  (Read 4990 times)

Fira

I will repent and go by true teachings and please pray in agreement to Matthew 18: 19 and 20 that I will understand and know what is right and what is wrong so that I am saved, thank you.

Or will I atleast for some time be "NON-EXISTANT"? Still I will repent and go by true teachings.

YellowStone

Re: I will one day wind up in Heaven for infinite years correct?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 08:37:48 AM »

Hi Fira,

I would suggest, clicking on this link http://bible-truths.com/ with a boble in hand and start reading the many wonderful articles and emails. You will by following along with your Bible, God willing, find truth that is more precious than gold and sweeter than honey.

There is no short-cut to salvation; it is not "once" in "always in," for man cannot choose his destiny. The "Lake of Fire" series would be a good place to start. :)

Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 08:45:47 AM by YellowStone »

Chris R

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:05:26 AM »

Fira,

I'm sure your honest in the questions you ask, please understand that this forum is for discussing the writings of L.Ray Smith.

It is apparent from your last five posts you havent read much of the site, please read the site, then if you have questions come in and ask.

There is no "Fast Track" to understanding the articles written on this site, keep your questions limited to the contents of the website www.bibletruths.com

I hope you understand

Chris R

seminole

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 11:58:29 AM »

Is this questioning not permitted? That is a way to understand concepts . Even in school we question theories and certainties to better understand.

On another track, I have been watching this piece on the History Channel about the anti-christ and what that may mean to us and what it meant to generations past . I don't usually think about those things because I don't understand them. This makes sense in the historical context that it was presented. Nero, Hitler, King George III, etc. Anyone threatening human rights and freedoms could be considered anti-christ. They mentioned the beast from Revelation who appeared to have a mortal wound that was healed as representative of Nero. Nero took his own life and was an evil person. They said he took believers and covered them with oil and lit them afire to use in his gardens as lighting at night!!! I didn't know that! Also that his name in Greek somehow equals out to 666? What is the thought here on these things?
Seminole

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 12:21:39 PM »

Senimole,

This might be way off topic; however, my understanding of the anti-christ is not one who goes against humanity or suppresses the same, but rather one who endears themselves to humanity. This one would befriend the desires of the people, more freedom, less restrictions. This one (person, group, organization, church, country, etc) will say to the people; who dares stop you from saying that! or you can watch what you want, or God gave you brains so that you can decide what is right or wrong. The old days are gone.....this is the age of spiritual enlightenment, explore the depths of your wants, needs and desires.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 

Oh, it will be subtle and sound sweet to the ears of those who want to hear, but the effects will most likely be profound and far reaching. It is my understanding that this is how the antichrist will turn the people away from God.

Just my thoughts, if I am wrong please correct me. :)

In Christ with Love,
Darren

Kat

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 01:04:28 PM »

Hi Senimole,

Is this questioning not permitted? That is a way to understand concepts . Even in school we question theories and certainties to better understand.

The thing is we need to at lease read the subject at hand before you ask questions about it.
We don't mind questions here, it's just Ray has went through great time and effort to research and put together his papers.  So when there are questions that are answered thoughtout his papers, it's hard to dig out an answer that you need to read the whole article to get a good understanding of.  That's why we give excerpts and links a lot.
Just thought I would try to show my perspective on this.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

seminole

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 01:05:59 PM »

Yeah, thanks Kat. Got you on that. No offense to you or anyone else intended. Just curious to know.
Seminole
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.