bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the doctrine of Christ?  (Read 7845 times)

orion77

What is the doctrine of Christ?
« on: April 11, 2006, 10:46:16 PM »

I ask this simple question, to you, just what is the doctrine of Christ?

To me, it is to love our fellow human in the same way He loved us.  Here is God, whose name and character has been falsely accused and slandered since the beginning, yet SINCE before the foundation of the world Jesus was slain.  He is the Alpha and the Omega, He knows the begining from the end.

Yet, here is a very important part.  God is a jealous God.  There is no I in us, there is only I in Him.  He is the great I am.  He is the creator, we are the creation.  He is the potter, we are the clay.

Since we have all messed up in one way or the other, we don't have the right to be over any other of God's creation.  We are simply to follow Jesus example in love and when our eyes have been opened up to see the truths, we must be VERY careful not to boast as if we are better than another.

It is easy to love each other of a likemind, this is what the churches do, but to have a Christ mind is this...Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.

I have been forgiven by my Father, who sent His only Son, to forgive one such as me is an amazing power.  A power that is beyond words, especially when His spirit came to dwell in me.  Beautiful absolutley beautiful!  

Now, I must return this same favor to those who have done wrong to me.  Without any gremise or subservitude or holier than thou attitude.  God was not like that to me, so I shall not be like that to another.

This is the doctrine of Christ, as I see it and a whole lot more.  If there are any opposition to this, please lets discuss this amicably and in brotherly love.  If not, so be it.  I have not kept anything in the dark.

God bless,

Gary

orion77

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 12:11:26 AM »

Ertsky, that is good scripture quoted, but that does not answer the question.  We both well know it is easy to quote scripture after scripture, but I am asking beyond the letter and into the spirit.

I have layed my heart on the line as to what the doctrine of Christ is, now I am simply asking what is the doctrine of Christ?

Jesus, our Lord started off His ministry not condemning and He finished it by not condemning.  There is a whole lot to be said by these actions, beyond the mere words.  These are things that we each must experience, just as He did, and to arrive at the point of...forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.

I do not know how much more simpler and plainer I could make it.  We can not follow Jesus and not experience these things.  They must and will happen.  For as He is so shall we be.  

And we will be bertrayed by one of our own, just as He was, there is no escaping when we truly follow in His footsteps.  

I have been studying the Word of God for over 26 years outside of the established church.  I can and shall never go back.  The grace of God has taught me much through many, many hard times and sufferings brought on by so called self righteous preachers of the word of God.  I have learned through the chastening of the Lord, if it does not have anything to do with the love of God, in spirit and truth, and does not glory God, then my friend it is not of God.

I, myself am nothing, and I will not pretend to know it all, because I do not.  Yet, from the baptism of the Holy Spirit, what I do know is the love of God and that I can and will be bold about.  There is no doubt or question in me that the Holy Spirit is in me.  But don't get the wrong idea, for I know I am not worthy, to this day I cannot understand why me and not some other who is more worthy than I am.

Yet,  He has given me a taste of what it is like, perfect love casts out all fear and doubt, this is of a truth.  Once our eyes are opened to the truth, what must we do.  Are we supposed to put down others who have not yet had their eyes opened or move onto the love of God by showing it to others in the same way He loved us?

These words I speak, brother are not my own.  I can take no credit for them.  I sincerely hope you can understand.

God bless,

Gary

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 12:35:56 AM »

Gary though I dont have a big elaborate answer I believe that in one word I would have to say love. Jesus came doing the works of our Father.
Greater love have no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his own friends.
Without love, whats thepoint?
There obviously is more to it but love is the key.

orion77

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 12:53:35 AM »

I agree, Kevin, love is the key.  Love towards God and our neighbor.  We must follow Him.  By following Jesus is not an easy task in this life.  

His love is not some high and pious pretentious fake love, that most like to talk about in churches on sundays or on forums to gain the praise of others.

Just look at Jesus.  Here is the only begotten Son of God.  He came into this world not to condemn, but to save.  Yet look what happened to Him.  Can there be any greater love shown than that?  This is what the Father willed for the life of Jesus and Jesus gladly accepted the will of His Father.  Wow, that is true love and oneness!  Lucky for us, huh.

Is this not what we should be striving to gain towards each other in this life?  Is this not truly the doctrine of Christ, to be like Him?

God bless,

Gary

Joey Porter

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 01:32:33 AM »

It is interesting that Jesus said the greatest commandment is that we are to love God with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength - and that is a commandment that we have absolutely no way of knowing whether or not we're keeping!  Think about it.  How can we prove or know that we are doing this?  There is no gauge or meter that we can look at to see whether or not we are loving Him with ALL of our heart, mind, soul, and strength.

I guess the docrine of Christ would have to be "Ask, seek, knock."  We just have to keep persistently asking to begin to see what the doctrine of Christ is.  

How do we love our neighbor as ourself?  How do we love our enemy?  We surely have no hope of doing that by "trying."  And there's no sense in worrying about it, since He commanded us not to do that.  So, we just have to keep in mind that apart from Him, we can do nothing.

I know none of this answers the question, but I don't have an answer for the question.  I guess all we can do is stay humble and beg for insight.

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 01:55:43 AM »

How do we gauge? Are we laying down our life for Christ? I guess that would be the start.

rocky

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 03:44:55 AM »

Quote from: Kevin
How do we gauge? Are we laying down our life for Christ? I guess that would be the start.

Act 9:16  for I will show him how many things he must suffer for my name's sake.

and

2Co 1:4  who comforteth us in all our affliction, that we may be able to comfort them that are in any affliction, through the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

2Co 1:5  For as the sufferings of Christ abound unto us, even so our comfort also aboundeth through Christ.

2Co 1:6  But whether we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or whether we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which worketh in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer:

Loving God through death, loving others through death.

worm

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 04:53:50 AM »

Gary, your words sing with my spirit! :D  8)

the love of God was shown to us by Chrt and also very eeident in Paul...it is a love of self-denial so that others might benefit...the agape  or uncoditional love...
"unconditional" means we loveEVERYONE regardless of race, creed, spiritual maturity, doctrine etc

"hope, faith, love..these three will remain...but the biggest of them all is love" :wink:

rvhill

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 04:59:20 AM »

Luke 10:27 He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' [ Deut. 6:5] ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' [ Lev. 19:18] "

also

Matthew 5

Mat 5:1 Now, perceiving the throngs, He ascended into the mountain. And, at His being seated, His disciples came to Him.
Mat 5:2 And opening His mouth, He taught them, saying,
Mat 5:3 "Happy, in spirit, are the poor, for theirs is the kingdom of the heavens.
Mat 5:4 "Happy are those who mourn now, for they shall be consoled.
Mat 5:5 "Happy are the meek, for they shall be enjoying the allotment of the land.
Mat 5:6 "Happy are those who are hungering and thirsting for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
Mat 5:7 "Happy are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy.
Mat 5:8 "Happy are the clean in heart, for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 "Happy are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
Mat 5:10 "Happy are those persecuted on account of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of the heavens.
Mat 5:11 "Happy are you whenever they should be reproaching and persecuting you and, falsifying, saying every wicked thing against you, on my account.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice and exult, for your wages are vast in the heavens. For thus they persecute the prophets before you.
Mat 5:13 "You are the salt of the earth. Now, if the salt should be made insipid, with what will it be salted? For nothing does it still avail except to be cast outside, to be trampled by men.
Mat 5:14 "You are the light of the world. A city located upon a mountain can not be hid.
Mat 5:15 Neither are they burning a lamp and placing it under a peck measure, but on a lampstand, and it is shining to all those in the house.
Mat 5:16 Thus let shine your light in front of men, so that they may perceive your ideal acts and should glorify your Father Who is in the heavens.
Mat 5:17 "You should not infer that I came to demolish the law or the prophets. I came not to demolish, but to fulfill.
Mat 5:18 For verily, I am saying to you, Till heaven and earth should be passing by, one iota or one serif may by no means be passing by from the law till all should be occurring.
Mat 5:19 "Whosoever, then, should be annulling one of the least of these precepts, and should be teaching men thus, the least in the kingdom of the heavens shall he be called. Yet whoever should be doing and teaching them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens.
Mat 5:20 For I am saying to you that, if ever your righteousness should not be superabounding more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, by no means may you be entering into the kingdom of the heavens.
Mat 5:21 "You hear that it was declared to the ancients, 'You shall not murder.' Yet whoever should be murdering shall be liable to the judging.
Mat 5:22 Yet I am saying to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be liable to the judging. Yet whoever may be saying to his brother, 'Raka!' shall be liable to the Sanhedrin. Yet whoever may be saying, 'Stupid!' shall be liable to the Gehenna of fire.
Mat 5:23 "If, then, you should be offering your approach present on the altar, and there you should be reminded that your brother has anything against you,
Mat 5:24 leave your approach present there, in front of the altar, and go away. First be placated toward your brother, and then, coming, be offering your approach present.
Mat 5:25 "You be humoring your plaintiff quickly while you are with him on the way, lest at some time the plaintiff may be giving you up to the judge, and the judge to the deputy, and you should be cast into jail.
Mat 5:26  Verily I am saying to you, By no means may you be coming out thence till you should be paying the last quadrans.
Mat 5:27 "You hear that it was declared, 'You shall not be committing adultery.'
Mat 5:28 Yet I am saying to you that every man looking at a woman to lust for her already commits adultery with her in his heart.
Mat 5:29 Now, if your right eye is snaring you, wrench it out and cast it from you, for it is expedient for you that one of your members should perish and not your whole body be cast into Gehenna.
Mat 5:30 And if your right hand is snaring you, strike it off and cast it from you, for it is expedient for you that one of your members should perish and not your whole body pass away into Gehenna.
Mat 5:31 "Now it was declared, Whoever should be dismissing his wife, let him be giving her a divorce.
Mat 5:32 Yet I am saying to you that everyone dismissing his wife (outside of a case of prostitution) is making her commit adultery, and whosoever should be marrying her who has been dismissed is committing adultery.
Mat 5:33 "Again, you hear that it was declared to the ancients, You shall not be perjuring, yet you shall be paying to the Lord your oaths.
Mat 5:34 Yet I am saying to you absolutely not to swear, neither by heaven, for it is the throne of God,
Mat 5:35 nor by the earth, for it is a footstool for His feet; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King;
Mat 5:36 nor by your head should you be swearing, for you are not able to make one hair white or black.
Mat 5:37 Yet let your word be 'Yes, Yes,' 'No, No.' Now what is in excess of these is of the wicked one.
Mat 5:38 "You hear that it was declared, 'An eye for an eye,' and 'A tooth for a tooth.'
Mat 5:39 Yet I am saying to you not to withstand a wicked person, but anyone who slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Mat 5:40 And he who wants to sue you and obtain your tunic, leave him your cloak also.
Mat 5:41 And anyone who conscripts you one mile, go with him two.
Mat 5:42  To him who requests you, give; and from him who wants to borrow from you, you may not turn.
Mat 5:43  "You hear that it was declared, 'You shall be loving your associate' and you shall be hating your enemy.
Mat 5:44 Yet I am saying to you, Love your enemies, and pray for those who are persecuting you,
Mat 5:45 so that you may become sons of your Father Who is in the heavens, for He causes His sun to rise on the wicked and the good, and makes it rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if ever you should love those who are loving you, what wages have you? Are not the tribute collectors also doing the same?
Mat 5:47 And if ever you should greet your brothers only, what are you doing that is excessive? Are not those of the nations also doing the same?
Mat 5:48 You, then, shall be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect.

This is the doctrine of Jesus

ertsky

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 08:15:04 AM »

Christ is the word made flesh

so i suppose the doctrine of Christ involves the complete revelation of the Word as taught by the spirit

every verse from Gen 1:1 all the way to Rev 22:21

but more than this it is the Person of Christ

Christ in us

it could get scary to follow this through

but for now i'm thinking of the doctrine of Christ as being all the teaching of the holy spirit the spirit of Christ

so Christ teaches us comparing spiritual with spiritual

the hidden wisdom

hidden in Him

the river of pure crystal

the pure spiritual Word

0% error 100% God approved

Christ Himself ultimately

anything that disagrees with Him and the knowledge of Him is not the doctrine of Christ

any teaching that is not in complete accord with Christ is not the doctrine of Christ

anything less than Him who is the express image

hmmmmmm

ahhhhhhhhh

Joh 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

2Jo 1:2  For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.

Eph 4:21  If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

seek and keep on seeking

f

orion77

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 08:36:58 AM »

Isa 51:1
Hearken to Me, pursuers of righteousness! And seekers of Yahweh! Look to the rock whence you were hewn, and to the pierced cistern out of which you were picked.

Isa 51:2
Look to Abraham, your forefather, and to Sarah, who travailed with you, for one was he when I called him and blessed him, and I loved him and will increase him.

Isa 51:3
For comforted by Yahweh is Zion, He comforts all her deserted ones. And He will constitute her wilderness as Eden, and her gorge as the garden of Yahweh. Elation and rejoicing shall be found in her, acclamation and the sound of melody.

Isa 51:4
Attend to Me, My people! And, My folkstem, give ear to Me! For a law from Me shall go forth, and My judgment for a light of the peoples.

Isa 51:5
Momentarily near is My righteousness. Forth fares as light My salvation, and for My arm the peoples look forward. Me the coastlanders are expecting, and for My arm are they waiting.

Isa 51:6
Lift your eyes to the heavens, and look to the earth beneath. For the heavens, as with smoke, are full, and the earth, as a garment, is decaying, and its dwellers likewise, as a louse, are dying. Yet My salvation for the eon shall come. And My righteousness shall not be dismayed.

Isa 51:7
Hearken to Me, knowers of righteousness, My people with My law in their heart. You must not fear the reproach of a mortal, and by their taunts you must not be dismayed.

Isa 51:8
For, as if a garment, eating them is the moth, and, as if wool, eating them is the roach. Yet My righteousness for the eon shall come, and My salvation for the generation of generations.

Isa 51:9
Rouse! Rouse! Clothe yourself with strength, arm of Yahweh! Rouse as in days aforetime, the generations of the eons! Are not You He, the Hewer of the audacious, the Wounder of the monster?

Isa 51:10
Are not you He, the Drainer of the sea, the waters of the vast submerged chaos? He Who places in the depths of the sea a way for the passing of the redeemed?

Isa 51:11
And the ransomed of Yahweh shall return, and they come to Zion with jubilation, and rejoicing eonian is on their head. Elation and rejoicing shall overtake them, and affliction shall flee, and grief and sighing.

Isa 51:12
I, I am He, your Comforter. Who are you, that you are fearing a mortal who is dying, and a son of Adam who as grass is drying?

Isa 51:13
And you are forgetting Yahweh, your Maker, the One Who stretches out the heavens, and Founder of the earth. And you are afraid continually, the entire day, in view of the fury of the constrainer? As he prepares to ruin. Yet where is the fury of the constrainer?

Isa 51:14
He that is distressed hastens to the portal, and he shall not die in the ruin, nor shall he lack his bread.

Isa 51:15
And I am Yahweh, your Elohim, Luller of the sea, when clamoring are its billows. Yahweh of hosts is My name.

Isa 51:16
And I will place My words in your mouth, and by the shadow of My hand I cover you, to stretch out the heavens, and to found the earth, and to say to Zion,  "My people are you."

Pursuing righteousness and seeking after God with all diligence, patience and long suffering.

It's a daily battle, many times the carnal mind wants to take over and seize control.  

Joey, I understand that First One is a bugger.  Guilty of not putting Him first many a time, just thankful for His saving grace.

Rvhill, Mathew 5, now that is some beautiful words.

Worm, thank you for those kind words, may we all grow from each others different experiences towards the love that is in God.

God bless,

Gary

orion77

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 08:56:18 AM »

Well said, ertsky.  The truth shall set us free, not to be dismayed by the foam of the sea or the shaking of the earth.

Mt 7:7
 "|Request and it shall be |given you. |Seek and you shall |find. |Knock and it shall be |opened to you.

Mt 7:8
For everyone *who is requesting is obtaining, and *who is seeking is finding, and to him *who is knocking it shall be |opened.

Mt 7:9
 "Or anywhat humanman is there out among you, from whom his *son will be requesting bread--no stone will he be handing him!

Mt 7:10
Or he will be requesting a fish also--no serpent will he be handing him!

Mt 7:11
 "If you', then, being wicked, have perceived how to be giving good gifts to your *children, how much rather shall your *Father *Who is in the heavens be giving good things to*those requesting Him?

Mt 7:12
All, then, whatever you should be wanting that *humanmen should be doing to you, thus you', also, be doing to them, for this is the law and the prophets.

God bless,

Gary

eutychus

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 09:56:26 AM »

Greetings everyone,

very good posts from everyone,

for me it all boils down to this:

doctrine of Christ:

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much(((( fruit:)))) for without me ye can do nothing.

we all know what the fruit is: :wink:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

peace
chuckt

eutychus

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 10:21:59 AM »

ps,
 here is a formula for abiding in christ:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be (((((partakers of the divine nature))))))), having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor (((unfruitful)))) in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ

peace and love
chuckt

orion77

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 01:14:07 PM »

Bobby, that is beautiful and so true, right on there brother.

Many years ago, I prayed to God and said "Lord if there is anything I can do to help you, I will do it, even if it costs my life."  This is just a shortened version of it, but nevertheless, He must of liked that prayer, because He babtized me in the Holy Spirit right then and there.  Amazing, never heard anything like that before.  His love is truly great.

Anyway it took many years of, I guess my own stubborn rebellion, to realize I never kept the vow I made with God.  He kept His part, but I did not mine.  Truly in a spiritual sense we must give up our life and give it back to the rightful owner.  Gods ways are past finding out, yet it is fun to diligently search and seek out His ways.

I have not been to an established church for many years.  They simply teach things that are not only contrary to the word of God, but contrary to what the Spirit has shown me.  Although I know many good hard working people who still do and would probably give the shirt from off their back, I simply can not go and listen to such foolishness.

I am still a work in progress and a long, long way to go.  There has been a lot of animosity lashed out from hell believers over the years, saddest part is the worst has come from their leaders.  These experiences has taught me that is the wrong way to treat our fellow man.  Hard, very hard lesson learned, to which I am grateful for God granting me this experience.  

This has been a very enlightening thread and thankful for all the replies.  May we continue to learn from each other.

God bless,

Gary

Harryfeat

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 01:58:16 PM »

Hello Gary, everyone,

Gary, your posts here have been a blessing to me and all of us.  I share your beliefs of the Doctine of Christ.  My take on it has been that to love God with your whole heart and your neighbor as yourself is the guiding spirit of His doctrine.  Keeping Christ in your heart is the key.

Euty you posts are a beauty.  They say so much more than the written words

I have been lately so caught up in this scriptural debating going on here and elswhere. Looking and fearing for wolves and feeling like we should be strip searching every message for that wolf hiding in sheeps clothing.  

It was starting to remind me of the fire and brimstone teachings of organized religion wherein the basis was a God to be feared rather than loved.  Yes it seems that hell mongers thrive in a religion of fear not love.

I had spent my youth studying the bible, its history and the scripture both in and out of it.  I came the the conclusion that following Christ's example of love and holding Him in my heart as strongly as I could was the most important thing.  I felt that I had graduated from scripture and it is now a source of reminder and reference rather than a club to beat one's head in with.  I recognize that is important for the unfamiliar however to begin their own search for truth

To me, all people are the same, just in varying stages along the road. Though I do not belong or go to any church I don't find the people who do to be any less worthy than I.  Everyone I meet either on line or in person becomes another link in the brotherhood  of Christ's kingdom.
If any of you have siblings then you know that it is not always easy to get along with them but the love is still there.

Thanks again for your post Gary. I feel truly blessed to find your fellowship here.

feat

orion77

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 04:33:13 PM »

Feat, I hear ya.  When we reach the heaven of the heavenlies, the accuser of the brethren is cast out, and that is us, then God is truly all in all.

Bobby, I really appreciate your heartfelt posts.  You lay it on the line with no bull.  Thanks.

I have seen several times here, when we argue, essentially there is no basis for an argument.  It's just that old carnal self trying to rise back up.  Then I must step aside and look from a different perspective so I can SEE again, then I laugh at my stupid self. :lol:  :lol:

God bless,

Gary

rvhill

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 05:25:47 PM »

The reason I posted Luke 10:27 and Matthew 5 together is because together they are the basic doctrine of Jesus in a nut shell. Anyone who does not understand how to apply them together is a milk drinker, and should not worry about things like who is saved and who is not saved. The Milk Drinker does not need to know or think about some things, but need to know that God love them, and Jesus died to save them. A infant need to learn to crawl, before they can learn to walk, let alone run. Someone who just learned to add or multiply should not be trying to understand the mysteries of E= MC^2 . Learn the basics before trying to learn the advance.  Drink your fill of milk before trying to eat meat.

orion77

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 06:57:30 PM »

I wash my steak down with a tall cold glass of milk.  :lol:

8)

Gary

Kevin

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 07:14:33 PM »

Heres the basics that I learned in the wonderful world of religion. You are gonna burn in hell. Do this are you are gonna burn in hell. If you dont accept Jesus today you are gonna burn in hell. Hell this ,hell that hell everywhere. I felt it was a scare tactic. So God scares you into believing Him. Wheres the love in that.
Now I must say it feels rather good to know the truth.
Without love you truly cant understand the milk and especially the meat.
Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.