bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genesis  (Read 5221 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Genesis
« on: May 10, 2007, 03:19:16 PM »

Dear Ray,             
thanks for replying.I understand what you're saying.The wishy-washy concept of Jesus being anything but stern is a terrible misrepresentation.I was taken aback by this response,however,and i apologize.

I would very much appreciate it,if you could answer me this.Simply put,does Genesis state that the earth is young,or at least,that people have existed for only a few thousand years,upon it?I struggle with scripture and my battle with sin is ongoing and relentless and no doubt,the problem.Even though web-sites such as Answers In Genesis seem to show great science for a young earth and human race,all i need to hear is what scripture truly states.
          Thanks for your work,
                                    Duncan.

Dear Duncan:  You are the very first person I have sent the examples of Jesus upbraiding the Pharisees, to concede that, Yes, Jesus did use language that if used today, He would likewise be thrown out on His ear, persecuted, or worse.

As for the age of the Earth:  There are arguments on both sides. I am studying this matter. As it involves everything from language to quantum mechanics and astrophysics, it is not an easy topic. I went to your referenced site: Answers in Genesis--what a horrible site to navigate, but anyway, I finally found an article on something and read this:

"Also, the word for ‘day’ in the context of Genesis can only mean an ordinary day for each of the six days of Creation [see Q&A Genesis: Days of Creation for more information]."

And my response was: "OH REALLY?" The use of the Hebrew word yom proves that it must be 24-hour days?  Nonsense!  Here is Strong's definition of yom/day:

H3117 yôm From an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially): - age, + always, + chronicles, continually......" Etc.

Did you notice "figuratively, a space of time....often used adverbially--AGE..."

Here is something I noticed many many years ago. In Gen. 2:4 the creation is described in greater detail regarding the creation of humanity. Notice verse 4: "These are the generations [genealogical annuls] of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, IN THE DAY that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens."  The word "day" in this verse is the same #3117 word used in chapter one, but here it represents THE WHOLE PERIOD OF CREATION!!  All the creation and all the six days are called the one singular "day."

I might have more on this subject and the dinosaurs, etc., at our Fall Conference, but then again, maybe not, seeing that unless God reveals this to me,  I know of no one on earth who has the Scriptural and Scientific answer to this question.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.