bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: THE INQUISITION!!!  (Read 9608 times)

gmik

THE INQUISITION!!!
« on: May 10, 2007, 08:01:27 PM »

Didn't anyone watch last nite on PBS the 2 parter on the Inquistion of the Church???  OMG :o

If anyone had any doubts about what we believe, that would have put them to rest!!!  The catholic church was unbelievable.  CONVERT OR DIE!!!

For hundreds of years, hundreds, the inquisitors hunted, hounded and murdered millions!!!!  Everyone talks about Hitler, well what about Pope Innocent I or so many others?

I know it was Gods Will for us to go through that, but it should be enough for "thinking" people to NEVER want to be catholic or any of the protestant daughters.

Sorry,for ranting,  it was sad to watch, but further cemented that I am SO GLAD God dragged me to BT.

Ward

Re: THE INQUISITION!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 08:23:15 PM »

I sure did watch it!!!  I've been waiting for months for it to come on.  AND JUST IN CASE...  That was just the first 2 parts of 4.  Next week the next two portions will air at the same time.  All four parts follow the almost 700 year reign of the inquistion.

I've read a few Catholic web sites and news articles that are already trying to down play the info presented, especially the numbers that were murdered.  They are counting on viewers accepting their beliefs as truth.  Unfortunatley for them, if you bother to look into the making of the documentary you will find out that the people that made it were given direct access to the actual Vatican documents regarding these events.  In the Vatican alone there are over 30 miles of shelving (yes miles) of documents regarding the inquisition.  And many cities have their own files in their respective churches.  All of this has only been made available since 1998 by Pope John Paul II.

Here's a little tid bit to ponder also...  When you are watching the documentary and there are characters speaking in the docum-drama portions, those words are actual quotes from the Vatican files.  They kept unbelievable records of these events.

I hope that many more people will tune in.  If you missed the first two parts it won't stop you from understanding the 3rd and 4th.  So please tune in.

Ward

gmik

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 08:26:25 PM »

Wow, thanks for the info Ward.  Its funny but I actually went to some websites too.  I want to know more about the Good Men.

Ward

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 09:31:12 PM »

A Little More for those interested:
Episodes:
1. "Root Out the Heretics"         1300's - May 9
2. "The Tears of Spain"             1400's - May 9
3. "The War on Ideas"              1500's - May 16
4. "The End of the Inquisition"    1800's - May 16

Links:

PBS - Secret Files of the Inquisition
- With trailers
http://www.pbs.org/inquisition/?campaign=pbshomefeatures_3_secretfilesoftheinquisition_2007-05-10
Note: Don't miss any of the links.  Especially the pictures on the right approx half way down the page.  The pictures under the words "Accused and Inquisitors" & "Cathars and Conversos" are each links to more details.  Well worth checking out.

Inquisition Productions, Inc. - Secret Files of the Inquisition is a production of Inquisition Productions, Inc.
- With trailers
http://www.inquisitionproductions.com

Vatican's Office of the Inquisition, founded in 1233, operated until 1908 when it took on its current name, The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

Ward

pylady

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 10:41:59 PM »

Hi Gena,

I didn't see the program on PBS.  But at 19 years old I read some books on the bloody history of the Catholic church, and really had my eyes openned.  Up to that point I had been a devout Catholic, but that did it for me.  The Inquistion is only a part of the many sins she has committed while saying "Lord, Lord..."

"Get out of her my people.." seemed appropriate even back then although I really didn't understand why.

Maybe I can catch the next episode.

Thanks, gena.

cindy

LittleBear

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 02:17:46 PM »

Hi Gena,

I probably won't be able to watch it, but it sounds really interesting. Religion does horrible things in the name of God.

Ursula

Bill

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 02:22:17 PM »

A Little More for those interested:
Episodes:
1. "Root Out the Heretics"         1300's - May 9
2. "The Tears of Spain"             1400's - May 9
3. "The War on Ideas"              1500's - May 16
4. "The End of the Inquisition"    1800's - May 16

To those that missed it the first time around and are interested you may want to check you loacal listings.  I was able to get the first two recorded last night.

Bill

mari_et_pere

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 03:29:42 AM »

Wow you all have my mouth watering! I love stuff like that! If anyone finds out if those shows repeat, will you please post the times in this thread? I want to get my wife and her mom to watch it, plus I just love stuff like that! I'm fascinated with world history, especially involving "the church." Even if the show teaches me nothing that I hadn't known before, I still love watching them. I wonder why that is........Oh well please post repeat times if you get them. Thanks!!!!

Matt

Ward

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 06:09:44 PM »

Matt:

Based on your profile info here at Bible-Truths I looked up the repeat times for the episodes of the Secret Files of the Inquisition.  It looks like your zip code is 45169.  Is that correct?  When I use that zip code at PBS.org there are 3 PBS channels listed to choose from.  Here is the listing for one, the others are similar:

CET - CHANNEL 48

Secret Files of the Inquisition : Root Out Heretics
Monday, May 14, 1:00am
Part 1 of 4. Exploring village life under the Inquisition.

Secret Files of the Inquisition : The Tears of Spain
Monday, May 14, 2:00am
Part 2 of 4. Ferdinand and Isabella begin the Inquisition.

Monday, May 14, 4:00am

Monday, May 14, 5:00am

Secret Files of the Inquisition : The War on Ideas
Wednesday, May 16, 9:00pm
Part 3 of 4. Martin Luther's revolt.

Secret Files of the Inquisition : The End of the Inquisition
Wednesday, May 16, 10:00pm
Conclusion. Napoleon conquers Italy.

Friday, May 18, 1:00am

Friday, May 18, 2:00am

Friday, May 18, 4:00am

Friday, May 18, 5:00am

Monday, May 21, 1:00am

Monday, May 21, 2:00am

Monday, May 21, 4:00am

Monday, May 21, 5:00am

CET_High_Definition

[D]
Sunday, May 13, 9:00pm

Sunday, May 13, 10:00pm

Monday, May 14, 12:00am

Monday, May 14, 1:00am

Wednesday, May 16, 9:00pm

Wednesday, May 16, 10:00pm

Thursday, May 17, 12:00am

Thursday, May 17, 1:00am

Thursday, May 17, 11:00am

Thursday, May 17, 12:00pm

Thursday, May 17, 3:00pm

Thursday, May 17, 4:00pm

Let me know either here or via PM and I will help you find them if this is not helpful.  That goes for anybody else reading this also.
Hope this helps,
\/\/ard
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:13:48 PM by Ward »

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 08:05:12 PM »

Hi,
Anyone know how i can see this via web  ....maybe..i am in the UK??
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

mari_et_pere

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 03:37:39 AM »

Wow thanks Ward! I got to thinking after I posted that reply that since I have Directv all I have to do is use my remote to search, but you got it for me! Thanks brother!

Matt

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 05:14:58 AM »

Hello Sandie

I am in South Africa and so I too do not get to see this!

The thought did strike me though....Paul said that things are going to get WORSE as we approach the time for Christ to return. So the literal horror of the inquisition has gone underground, has become more insidious and wide spread through over 3000 daughters of Mystery Babylon who profess to have a relationship with our Lord! And we thought the inquisition was behind us! The persecution for not believing their paganism dressed up as LORD LORD is rejection, ridicule, slander and hostility that may not put us on the physical stake and burn us but it does put us on the social moral and religious stake and burn us while keeping us alive. Anyone who has felt the crushing hoofs of Babylon will know what I am talking about! :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Ward

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 03:34:28 PM »

Sandie & Arcturus (And any others interested),

The complete series was on youtube.com a few days ago.  But it was removed as it should have been.  There are ways to get ahold of the files on the 'Net, but none of them are legal.  Look into BitTorrents if you want to go that route.

But...  You can be sure that somebody will put them on YouTube.com again.  With that in mind, you should be ready to download them as soon as you can since they will vanish in a few days.  The easiest way for a newcomer to accomplish that is with something like http://www.youtubex.com.  I suggest that you try it a few times before the files show up again. (Just to get used to the steps).  Now the resulting files will be "FLV" files.  These require a different viewer than most users have.  You can get one for free at http://www.martijndevisser.com/blog/article/flv-player-updated.  There are others to be had, but this is a start.

If you have questions on this etc. please feel free to ask.  If I can help I will.

\/\/ard

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 03:41:46 PM »

Hi Ward

Thank you for your help.

Peace be to you

Ward

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 12:39:38 AM »

FOUND!!  Parts of the Secrets of the Inquisition Online

Use the following link to see 3 of the 4 parts to "Secrets of the Inquisition."  The files can be viewed or downloaded.  And no membership is required.  Nor special software for viewing. (They are AVI's)

http://www.guba.com/general/search?query=inquisition&set=-1&x=12&y=7

Please know that only parts 1, 2, & 4 are currently available, but each part is a show unto itself.  The viewer does not need the previous part.  Each part is one hour in length.

Hope this is of some help,
\/\/ard

gmik

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 01:48:34 AM »

Thanks for the link!

jER

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 02:18:24 AM »

I, personally, have been on the receiving end of so called "Inquisitions" that violated everything from privacy - to extreme interrogations. Harsh would only describe the verbal aspect. And, all conducted in secrecy, as there are no individual rights when others claim the authority which is not in the name of Jesus.

- Jer

seminole

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 05:30:01 PM »

It is about power and keeping people scared enough to allow the powerful to continue on. It was awful what happened long ago but I still can see powerful people trying to keep others down so they can retain their positions. It can be a church, an elected official, etc. Everybody seems to want power regardless of what it does to anyone else
Nole

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 05:37:13 PM »

Jer you observe : there are no individual rights when others claim the authority which is not in the name of Jesus.

That is so true yet it is also true that those who claim the authority are given it for a season and are going to be held accountable when Christ returns!  ;D All power in heaven and earth is His and those who use abuse and crush others under power and influence for self aggrandizement, will be receiving their judgment to that measure that they have abused their authority. Many or few stripes.

Peace be to you

jER

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 07:44:43 PM »

That is why we persevere, despite the hardships, suffering patiently without yielding in the name of Christ Jesus…for "there is joy in the morning."

A new day come'n!

- Jer   :D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 07:47:35 PM by jER »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.