bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What new truths have you learned recently ?  (Read 5992 times)

mrsnacks

What new truths have you learned recently ?
« on: May 12, 2007, 03:39:13 AM »

I know Ray had said that every teaching coming out of Christendom is false. I am beginning to realize that more and more.

I had read a fascinating book and it stated that the communion practice in church today of a serious somber type mood while eating a piece of a cracker and a super small thimble of grape juice is not biblical. The Last Supper was exactly that - a meal. They didn't pass around a cracker or tiny piece of bread and a thimble holding some grape juice. It wasn't the serious boring stiff like ritual practiced today. What got me was that I did think that the way the church practiced communion was the way they did it in the days of the early church. Any comments ?

I am also learning more and more about the truths discussed here at this site. And a few at the church I attend have asked me questions based on the many things I have said during Adult Sunday School which goes against what is being taught in church today. They had asked me to start a Bible home study. I will do it on one condition. I am applying what I have learned. Jesus is the head. He is the teacher. It won't be all about me as in the church today the pastor preaches or teaches and everyone sits there brain dead. I want everyone to get involved. Interaction. Dialogue. We will cover subjects like UR. The doctrine of hell and why it is a false doctrine. The orgin of Satan. The myth of free will. Tithing etc.Some I have talked to from church are really hungry spiritually for the truth. God is using me and I am excited.

One lady at church who is a good friend to my wife and I - we had talked about tithing for a few hours. She was a tither and after our talk she stopped tithing but didn't stop giving.  I never told her what to do. I said if you want to tithe it is up to you. What I have shared with her is like Ray said - tithing was never about money in the OT. It is not New Covenant. New Covenant is about giving cheerfully. She stopped and called me up to tell me that God was blessing her more financially when she did stop. During that time she also found out what her pastor's salary was and she wasn't to pleased about that. He had a very good salary
(preached  tithing) and great benefits. Nice home bought and paid for by the church and etc. While quite a few members aren't doing well financially. I shared with her that clergy( pastors, ministers etc ) was never a paid position in the early church. Jesus nor Paul and others were never on salary.

Anyway I am learning constantly and am blessed and in turn I am used by the Lord to be a blessing to others with His truth.

Thanks to Him ultimately and to you all at this site and of course Ray.  I want to hear what you have learned recently. What is God teaching you ?

gmik

Re: What new truths have you learned recently ?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 01:20:30 PM »

I liked Ray's latest installment about the Sermon on the Mount.But thats in my reading and head-knowledge department.

In real life, the word trust has been showing up all over and I have been seeing how little trust I have.  Just last nite i said to my grandchild...just trust me, you can trust grandma.  Me, I am thinking she knows I wouldn't do anything to hurt her, but really she is just a child, she doesn't "know" that yet.....that reminded me of me w/ my Father.  Just wanting to rest and trust that no matter what, my God has my ultimate best in mind.

mari_et_pere

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 02:50:49 PM »

Oh man!!! I've had daydreams about having a home bible study group! I'd love to pull some people out of my wife's church (I don't call it mine anymore) and show them what I believe and why I'm not "fellowshipping" in the church. I hate that word. Fellowship. If I had a home study group "fellowship" would be outlawed. Talking, conversing, any other word besides fellowship is fine LOL.
But man for real I'm excited for ya! You're getting the good word out. The real good word, the real gospel, not the polluted "gospel" of mainstream christianity! That is awesome! You might put your church right out of business! LOL

What have I learned lately? I guess I've thought myself deeper into the free will myth to the point to where I'm not even blaming people for what they do anymore. I mean I'm sure if you did something downright horrible to me I'd hold it against you, but you know.......I'm what many consider a "conspiracy theory" buff. I've held a lot of hatred against politicians, media members and other upper echelon movers and shakers because the results of their "work" is downright evil. I've been that way for a solid 15 years plus. Well I've come to realize that if, IF, our country were to totally fall apart into utter chaos and anarchy, while it would be a direct result of what the upper echelon decision makers have done, it's still not all their fault. What happens is God's plan, from who the biggest and most powerful of the world leaders is all the way down to what little ol' me does at work later today. The problems Clinton made: God's plan. Bush's wishy washy "I'm not sure what to do" attitude: God's plan. Iraq: God's plan. The media's grasp on our kids: God's plan. The death of my grandparents: God's plan. What I did when I woke up this morning: yeah you get it LOL.
It's all in God's hands. Why fight it?

Matt

Robin

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 04:34:11 PM »

The Last Supper was exactly that - a meal.

I think they were having the passover feast. When Jesus broke the bread and drank the wine he told them to do this in remembrance of me showing them that he was the sin offering. The new covenant. In my understanding he was saying no longer do this in remembrance of the old testament, but he was establishing the new testament.

Ezekiel 45:20-22
21In the first month, in the fourteenth day of the month, ye shall have the passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten.
22And upon that day shall the prince prepare for himself and for all the people of the land a bullock for a sin offering.

Matthew 26
17Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?

18And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.

19And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the passover.

20Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.

21And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

22And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?

23And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.

24The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

25Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

26And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

27And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Luke 22
 19And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 04:36:06 PM by M.G. »

seminole

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 10:23:02 PM »

The "last supper" was the Passover meal and Jesus was establishing a new covenant. As far as communion, I was taught that it was one of the 7 holy sacraments. Don't jump on me about that one. That is what I grew up in. I don't have an issue with communion. I think it has more to do with your own heart than what anyone else says you should feel or believe. Personally, it is a peaceful time for me.
Next, another question! No offense intended I just want to know; how did the disciples and Jesus pay for food and the things necessary for their lives. The way I read it the people gave. If that is wrong don't hesitate to tell me how it was.
seminole

mari_et_pere

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 03:28:56 AM »

I always assumed they worked for most of their money. The gospels don't say they didn't work. Interesting question though. I hope someone can answer it because I can't LOL. I know lots of the TBN preachers like to say Jesus was rich, with fancy clothes and fine food. I don't buy that one!

Matt

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 11:17:07 AM »

The most recent "revelation" I experienced was when reading Ray's last installment,

THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT IS FOR CHRIST'S DISCIPLES
                                              THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT IS FOR YOU, NOW!

There have been some periods where it seems my mind is my own worst enemy, I cannot stop thinking of things in my past, things I truly repent of (maybe not as thoroughly as I should) and they play in my mind over and over again, perhaps ignited by a temptation that was contemplated for too long or a series of events that begat a "deja vu" moment that got the ball rolling.

I was not really sure what to call this experience, was I in the desert, the wilderness, had my clean dwelling been taken over by seven demons worse than the first? Needless to say I was more than a little confused by this experience.

But after reading this portion of the newest article the confusion has been replaced by a much better understanding;

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D3.htm

But what about the last one-"prison?" Does Jesus put us in prison? Yes, He certainly does. I can personally vouch for this one, and maybe you can too. Sometimes we are put into a position where we just can't get out. There IS NO WAY OUT. We will physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually struggle for a way out, but there is no way out. You are in spiritual prison! And Jesus ONLY has the keys.

I can certainly vouch for this one alright!  ;)

His Peace to you,

Joe

Robin

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »

I had the same experience Joe. That one paragraph made a huge difference. I always knew God had us right where we are, but that explained it so well. It really makes it easier to endure when you have a good understanding of what's happening and why.

andrevan

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 08:06:24 AM »

how did the disciples and Jesus pay for food and the things necessary for their lives. The way I read it the people gave. If that is wrong don't hesitate to tell me how it was.
seminole

Hi Seminole, as I understand it there was a small group of wonderful women that took care of Jesus & the disciples needs.

God be with you  :).
Andrevan.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 08:34:37 AM »

I had the same experience Joe. That one paragraph made a huge difference. I always knew God had us right where we are, but that explained it so well. It really makes it easier to endure when you have a good understanding of what's happening and why.

I couldn't have said that any better  ;)

Thank you M.G.

His Peace to you,

Joe

seminole

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 12:41:22 PM »

The way I understand it, Jesus and his disciples were not rich the way the world sees richness. Those men were rich because they got to walk and talk with Jesus in their physical lives. I can't say I would be as stong as they were because they were persecuted. I would like to say I could stand strong but I don't know if I would.
The reason I asked about how they had money or whatever for their physical needs was I thought they left their fishing business to follow Jesus. I read about the women. They were something. Not much glory but they did it anyway.
Seminole
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.