bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does the Church need revivals ?  (Read 4597 times)

mrsnacks

Why does the Church need revivals ?
« on: May 12, 2007, 03:46:17 AM »

I mean the Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon, or Christian Science churches don't have revivals. Why is it that the present Christian churches have these revivals or pray for them at least ? Does God give these so called spiritual vitamin B 12 shots everyone once in awhile ?

CDJ

Re: Why does the Church need revivals ?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 07:40:00 AM »

Difficult question, mrsnacks  ???

Who knows God's ways?

rk12201960

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 08:24:02 AM »

JW's have what they call District conventions, curcit conventions special day.
As for the church, I think its a way to get the regular church members to get someone to the church.
It doesn't matter what religion you belong to just as long as you bring your money.

Some might seem true to heart but if it walks,quacks, and looks like a duck, its a duck!
Its just a way to get more people in their church.

That's how I see it.

In Christ.
Randy
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 09:54:03 AM by Randy »

rick

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 08:32:37 AM »

I am not trying to be mean but  if you do not revive the people in church occasionally, then will you will end up with a building full of heathens? just wondering...........rick

rk12201960

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 09:33:39 AM »

Hi Rick,
Not at all. I understand where you are right now but consider this,
its a DUCK, the church belongs to satan.

Learn the "basics" and build on that, and always remember to return to the "basics". It seems to save me a lot of "what ifs".

Love and understanding to you in Christ.
Randy  ;D 8) ;D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 09:38:13 AM by Randy »

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 09:49:37 AM »

Hi,

Revivals are "money makers"..Tis true...When times are hard, they are hard on the collection plate...And in order to create revenue..what must they do?
Increase the head count...the more people..the more money collected.

Its all pretty pathetic, but i have seen this in person, and it makes my stomach turn.

Now let me ask you a question?...IF the lie of eternal Hell, was exposed to all of Christendom, How much money would be in the collection plate the very next day? 80%...50%......10%...less?

I'm sorry to even say this, But there's no money in a God that saves all mankind.

Chris R

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 11:00:10 AM »

REVIVAL is a marketing tool.

Business practises it with a different terminology. Sale now on!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

mari_et_pere

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 03:05:54 PM »

Yes, revivals are very much needed in church today! How else are they going to make enough for the bonus checks? For real, I've been to several of these stupid things. It basically starts out with the pastor/preacher/whatever, brown-nosing "all our precious visitors"........then toward the end of the stupid thing it's almost heathenistic, they almost are praising and worshipping themselves. It's disgusting for real! All for the almighty dollar, which in case any of you don't know, most kids today who reject Christ are actually rejecting the greedy money hungry church, but they don't know how to seperate the two. Just thought I'd throw that in. Revivials are counter-productive greedy self-centered carnal fests.

Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.