bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Women Preachers  (Read 4768 times)

nmendes

Women Preachers
« on: May 10, 2007, 03:46:04 PM »

What does the Forum thinks about women preachers???  There are so many out there today that are even holding the titles of Bishop in these churches.  Does it matter who teaches God's Word as long as it is scriptural truth???

Kat

Re: Women Preachers
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 04:18:14 PM »

Hi nmendes,

Here is an email from Ray on this subject.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2144.0.html ----

What is your view point with regards to women teaching in church?  Take consideration of the following scriptures:

1. 1 Cor. 14:34.
   2. Galatians 3:27-28

Regards,

George

Dear George:

I am thinking that you believe Gal. 3:27 voids out I Cor. 14:34?  If it does, the why would Paul have written it?

The answer is quote simple:

"IN CHRIST" there is no "male or female."  But, IN THE FLESH there still is male and female, otherwise homosexuality would not be a sin. Can you see how silly that approach to this Scripture would be?

We are still in physical bodies and we are still male and female, and as such the man is the head of the woman just as Jesus is the head of the Church. And as such, Paul did not permit women to preach or teach in the congregation.  However, there are many situation in which women can teach: to their children (both girls and boys); on the telephone, in letters, in group discussions, etc.  I believe their teaching is just pretty much limited in the area of not getting in front of an assembly of men and women and being featured as the main speaker or teacher. Not that she might not be able or qualified, but rather it is a matter of subjection to authority.  I have never done a long study on this subject, but I have read several papers by those who have, and most of them are shot through with theological holes.

God be with you,

Ray
--------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

seminole

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 12:13:01 PM »

This is a bit confusing to me. There is no difference in people in God's eyes so I don't see an issue with women speaking in fron of anyone. The churches in my early experience used the thing of men being over women and it is in the Bible. The context must be looked at here. There were some women causing problems in the early body of believers. What is confusing about the responses is that the same said here was said in the churches I was familiar with. Since church is a no-no here, I don't see why the same thing I heard in churches I am reading now in the responses. It was always the same. Women can teach other women or children but can't be in front of men teaching.

LittleBear

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 02:12:39 PM »

I don't go to church, so I don't listen to preachers, men or women.

If a woman had something good to say, I would listen.

On this forum, we have women teaching, so to speak. It's not preaching, but it is teaching, and it's good stuff. And I'm sure there are men reading who get something out it.

Ursula

mari_et_pere

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 03:35:09 AM »

This same subject is being debated in another Universalist group I'm involved in at Yahoo. Man the women over there are riled up! Is it safe here? lol.....
For real though.....from what I've understood, Paul obviously was speaking to the people of his time. Women didn't quite have the social freedom they enjoy (and deserve! ladies please don't dog me lol) today, correct? Wasn't he just setting guidelines for orderliness in a church setting? I'm not sure so I'm probably way off, but that's what I've always understood as I've heard it explained.

Matt

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 10:07:27 AM »

Hello,

1Cor 14:34, According to the writings of Paul this to is for the new testament Church, Arguing over whether it pertains only to those 2000 years ago, makes no sence to me, because then one must do this with all of the scriptures.

Remember above all this, Ray did not write the scripture he quoted, he just quoted it, The argument then is not against Ray, but the Sciptures.

This topic provokes strong feelings, And is one of those scriptures we must allow God to reveal to us.

Chris R

mari_et_pere

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 03:11:49 PM »

Hmm........Chris you got a point there. The Bible pertains to us in the here and now, not just woman way back when, so..............hmm I don't know. I'd feel bad if I said "no women preachers anymore!" LOL.......
I mean there's no way God wants no woman to teach his word! I've learned a lot from women, so.......
hmm I don't know LOL

Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.