bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY  (Read 4597 times)

hebrewroots98

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
« on: May 13, 2007, 07:01:30 PM »

I JUST WANTED TO WISH EACH ONE OF MY SISTERS HERE A 'VERY HAPPY MOTHERS DAY' TODAY!   HaShem has blessed us with a very vital responsibility and privilege in the upbringing of these precious ones!  No matter what their ages, we will always be MOM!  Keep up your good works and surely they will appreciate you and you shall see the fruits of your labors one day :D...if you haven't already!   

It is interesting to me that studies that have been done in prisons in the USA have shown that when the prison ministers passed out MOTHERS DAY CARDS, there were never enough to to go around to those inmates whom wanted to send their mothers a card; and yet, when they would pass out FATHERS DAY cards the ministers could never get rid of the FATHERS DAY cards.  (No offense men and brethren...b/c I know that you are just as important as mama's are!)

Redbird

Re: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 12:43:54 AM »

Dear Susan,

I hope you had a nice day. :)  I know I did, and my three sons are truly a blessing.  Thank God for our wonderful children! ;D

Peace and Love,
Lisa

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 01:59:52 AM »

Oh yes Lisa, I was blessed with a wonderful day, I'm glad you were too :D!  Amen, the Lord knew exactly whom to bless me with....Daniel Isaiah :D

gmik

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 12:52:21 AM »

Thank you Susan. I had a nice day till evening, then got sick as a dog!!!!  Food poisoning of some kind I guess.  I am fine now!

Isn't Mothers Day kinda like other holidays???  Wasn't sure I could mention it here :D

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 01:01:30 AM »

Gena,
I'm glad that you had a good day, but, you  poor thing; that was not a good day to be sick...I'm so sorry!  (Who did that to you anyway? ???)

My DH and DS took me to my very favorite restaurant b/c they know that I love French Onion Soup and Quiche :P :P :P...(ha, lol...dh can only bear to take me to this place once a year since it doesn't have the type of foods that are his favorites...My little boy took me here a couple of months ago for lunch...he wanted to have a date with just him and Mom!  That was so sweet of him, he was such a little gentleman too :D

I didn't know that this topic was controversial, if so, I am sorry...I hope I didn't cross the line!

Well, when do you guys get out of school for the summer? 
Enjoy your time in Nashville, I'll be thinking of you all ;)

gmik

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 08:09:11 PM »

Hi Susan. Thanks for comments.  Your DS does sound sweet.  DH too :D

We get out the 31st of May.  Gosh I can't wait.

This Friday, we are taking off bright and early to get to the conference.  I am very excited.  Hopefully gas prices will ease up a bit.

I hope a bunch of forum family will be there.  Sure wish all could come.

psalmsinger

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 08:21:33 AM »

and yet, when they would pass out FATHERS DAY cards the ministers could never get rid of the FATHERS DAY cards.  (No offense men and brethren...b/c I know that you are just as important as mama's are!)

Thank you:)  It seems we are no longer a patriarchial society.  The fathers are absent from the lives of their children due to society norms, promiscuity, divorce, etc. I read where there are more inmates with absentee fathers or abusive fathers than not.  Anyone who has dealt with custody issues in court would find this very sad but true...  It becomes a real struggle because even good fathers are shut out of their children's lives.
Have a great day,

Barbara

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 12:24:06 PM »

...too true! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.