bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pray for me  (Read 3359 times)

blakparty

Please pray for me
« on: May 14, 2007, 10:47:49 AM »

Hi everyone,
     I need your prayers today.  My girlfriend is really not given me a good choice.  She sees that me not going to church is a problem for us.  We been dating for about two years now.  About 2 months ago, I was thinking about asking her hand in marriage but that looks unlikely now.  I love her and I tried to show her the truth about a year ago.  I still continued to go to church with her until about a month ago.  I had to be obedient to Christ and "come out of her" , so I did.  My girlfriend is basically making me choose between her and God and that is not good for her.  I wish that she would just recognize the truth but I realize that it may not be the will of God for her to see.  I don't badger her with it but we talk about it from time to time.  She told me that she was ashamed of going to church being the only one with no one sitting with her (this could be another subject all together but I won't go there -physical vs. spiritual).  If I have to choose, I will choose God.  I am like a tree with my roots planted. Psalms 1  Anyway, I need prayer to keep me strong because it may come a day very soon that I might have to let her go and that will hurt but I have Jesus and He will comfort me with God's Holy Spirit.  So keep me in your prayers and I will let you know the outcome of this.  Thank you in advance and God Bless, Rob.

Robin

Re: Please pray for me
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 10:14:18 PM »

Hi Rob,

I will pray for you. I know how painful this situation can be. I've been through it.
I also know that God used my situation to destroy an idol in my heart. That's not saying that you are in the same situation as I was. I just know that anything God requires of us is required so we can love the Lord our God with all our heart and all our soul and all our mind and with all our strength. He loves me enough to not let anything get in the way of that.

I pray that God's will be done in your life though his love for you according to his plan and purpose.

Hugs,
MG

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 11:00:32 PM »

Hi Rob,

I can only echo what M.G. wrote, let me just say that you are in my prayers as well.

His Peace to you,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 12:18:48 AM »

Bless your heart Rob! I will keep you in prayer.

My son has voiced concern over ever finding a gal that will accept what he believes or better yet believe it too. I think that may be true for lots of you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 17 queries.