bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something New To Ponder  (Read 4166 times)

dogcombat

Something New To Ponder
« on: May 14, 2007, 11:23:28 AM »

In the email to Ray titled (posted today) "Lazarus".  A fellow used a term I'd never heard of  called anthropomorphism.  Which the fellow defined as
  "a story told in terms so humans can understand it."

Huh?  I googled that word and found a dot org web site plus wikipedia's definition that said:

Anthropomorphism is the attribution of uniquely human characteristics and qualities to nonhuman beings, inanimate objects, or natural or supernatural phenomena. Animals, forces of nature, and unseen or unknown sources of chance are frequent subjects of anthropomorphosis. The term is derived from two Greek words, ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos), meaning human, and μορφή (morphē), meaning shape or form. The suffix '-ism' originates from the morpheme -ισμός or -ισμα in the Greek language.

Under wiki's Biblical literalism (boy, that's a mouthful) it says

Numerous sects throughout history have been called anthropomorphites, including a sect in Egypt in the 4th century, and a group in the Roman Catholic Church in the 10th century, who literally interpreted Genesis chapter 1, verse 27: "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."

Thus this word can be viewed as a way religions of all types have promoted heresy.  Thus, when I read the emails to Ray they (like this fellow) follow their erroneous rants with "CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT".  Because they're stuck on PHYSICAL interpretations of SPIRITUAL words of scripture.

From Lake Of Fire #7 Church Heresy Came Long Before Bible Errors.

THE DEVIL MAKES MAN MINDFUL OF PHYSICAL THINGS

The devil has always been mindful of physical, literal, material things. That’s what Satan "dines" on—

"…DUST [of man] shall you eat all the days of your life" (Gen. 3:14).

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour [Greek: ‘swallow up’]" (I Pet. 5:8).

Yes, the Adversary eats "dust" and we, mankind, ARE "dust" of the ground. Satan does not feast on spiritual food—it would choke him! Satan dines on the carnal [flesh/meat] mind of men. While Jesus was physically starving for forty days, He was feasting on spiritual food from heaven! Satan thought he could trick Jesus into satisfying His need for physical FOOD before He was finished dining on spiritual food with His Father!

"Then was Jesus led up of THE SPIRIT into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered" […and so was STARVING, The Four Gospels By C.H. Rieu].

And when the tempter came to Him, he said, If you be the Son of God, command that these stones be made BREAD" (Matt. 4:1-3).

Satan should have realized that one doesn’t tempt a Spiritual Giant with a loaf of physical bread.

So what flavor of dust does Satan enjoy?  Yes,  anthropomorphism[/b
Sadly, that's only the latest one.

Ches

YellowStone

Re: Something New To Ponder
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 04:54:16 PM »

Ches, in response to your following statement :)

Satan should have realized that one doesn't tempt a Spiritual Giant with a loaf of physical bread.

This is a very good point Ches, for the carnal heart soon forgets the meaning of truth.

Rom 1:25  Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

They instead change their belief to suit their understanding (anthropomorphism), effectively choking the truth.

Mar 4:19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.  

God is spirit and the Spirit of Truth is much higher than man's.

Isa 55:9 For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

However, God does provide protection for his own, and it seems to me that this infuriates Satan and his followers no end.  ;D

We should all remember the following daily, most of all me.

Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Eph 6:18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Just as the World cannot hear the Spiritual; likewise, those having hearts filled with Spirit should likewise not be tempted with "physical bread"

Great post and very revelant.

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

gmik

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 12:28:29 AM »

Good Word guys.  Thanks.

dogcombat

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 10:30:23 AM »

Thanks Darren,

However the quote you attributed to me

Satan should have realized that one doesn't tempt a Spiritual Giant with a loaf of physical bread.

came from Ray's paper.  I'll have to remember to use a different color when pasting a quote so that it doesn't confuse people.

Ches
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.