bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bible Codes  (Read 16011 times)

mari_et_pere

The Bible Codes
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:27:22 AM »

I'm watching a show on The History Channel called "The Bible Code: Predicting Armeggedon". What do you guys think or know about "the Bible Codes"? I must confess that I haven't researched them hardly at all. It all seems fishy at best to me.

Matt

Jackie Lee

Re: The Bible Codes
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 01:30:45 AM »

It does seem fishy I just think they are grasping but that is just an opinion, that isn't worth much.

mrl1970

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 02:42:19 AM »

There is enough hidden "treasure" in the bible to ponder to keep anyone busy. Besides most people want to use any codes {which may or may not be there) to try to predict what will happen in the future.  Remember God has everything under control, so I do not worry about the possible existence of The Bible Codes.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:06:07 AM by mrl1970 »

mari_et_pere

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 11:46:09 AM »

No, I wouldn't worry about them either. It is interesting though, and I just wondered if anyone here had researched them. I haven't because it's probably a waste of valuable time. I don't know though, I was j/w......the show I was watching when I posted that failed to keep my interest. I wonder what else the "bible codes" say in the lines and columns that never get mentioned?

Matt

Redbird

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 11:54:49 AM »

From what I have seen of the bible codes, it seems they are only "discovered" after the fact.

Lisa

mari_et_pere

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 12:10:40 PM »

From what I have seen of the bible codes, it seems they are only "discovered" after the fact.

Actually that's what I had previously thought also, but according to the show I watched last night, they now know that California will have a massive earthquake in 2010, and a meteor will hit the earth in 2012. When those things happen, think of me and remember that I told you so, okay?  :P ;D
OH and apparently, the recent rise of terrorist activity is a sign of things to come! Johnny Carson comes to mind: "I did not know that."  ;D

Matt

Redbird

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 12:25:08 PM »

I did not know that! ;D Well then, 2012 just might be quite the year, as other prophecies point to this year also!

Lisa

mari_et_pere

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 12:37:22 PM »

Well then, 2012 just might be quite the year, as other prophecies point to this year also!

You know, I do find it interesting that 2012 always seems to come up in end of the world discussions. Jack Van Impe and related minions also claim that year. The Mayan calendar ended on 2012. Weird.....
What do they know that we don't? On a related note, if Van Impe knows the world will end in 4 or 5 years, why's he so worried about making any more money? Hmm?  :-X :)

Matt

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 12:41:02 PM »

Van Impe has been claiming the world will end every 4-5 years for the last 20 years.

And people still support this nut.

Craig

Redbird

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 12:52:15 PM »

I don't like the phrase "the world will end" myself, I prefer the world ending as we know it....the dawning of a new age. ;)

Lisa

seminole

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 12:56:09 PM »

Maybe this fits here. When I was in middle school there was a date that everyone was talking about. It was supposed to be the last day and when Jesus came back. Man, I was scared to death! I didn't even want to go to school that day. I figured if it was the end I wanted to be with my family.All the kids and teachers were on edge. when school let out everybody was still expecting it. We are still here though! After that was when I quit worrying about it. I figured God had it under control and I didn't have to figure it out. A few years later I accepted Jesus and wasn't afraid anymore of much of anything. That's not to say people shouldn't think about those things or try to figure them out. I hope I didn't offend anybody in saying I didn't worry about it. I think I have offended enough people! I am just not smart enough to understand all that.
Seminole

Redbird

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 01:03:39 PM »

Seminole,

True, we are not to worry, just that we are to stay alert during these times.

Lisa
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 01:05:33 PM by Redbird »

skydreamers

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 01:17:16 PM »

I hope I didn't offend anybody in saying I didn't worry about it. I think I have offended enough people! I am just not smart enough to understand all that.
Seminole

Hi Seminole, you're not alone in feeling "not smart enough" to understand all the end of the world stuff.  I don't think there is anybody out there who is smart enough to figure out when the end of this world/age is actually going to be....if we were meant to know the exact time, I'm sure God would have given us that information.

Matt,

As for the bible codes, I did have an interest in them a few years ago, and have come across a few different people's writings that I was fascinated by at the time.  However, they all claim to have the "right" way to read bible codes...so this alone becomes suspect.  I also find, that these Christians become so engrossed in studying the codes that they lose sight of the scriptures as they read....one lady I know of who publishes her "readings" of the codes, believes that Paul is the antichrist and will not read any of his writings...that's like a major part of the New Testament!!  But I then found out, there is a whole group of people out there that study this so-called "Pauline Conspiracy", and think that the writings of Paul are invalid.

It's hard enough trying to figure out the truth of the scriptures as they are...I've learned through Ray that the real code to crack is the spiritual meanings hidden in scripture...(which of course can only be given to you by God...)

I'm not saying that the bible codes are bogus...I couldn't know that.  But I think they can be a real distraction from focusing on your spiritual growth because they seem to mainly reveal information about what's going on in the physical world (from what I've seen).

Must admit, it's interesting stuff though ;)

Peace,
Diana

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 01:19:38 PM »

I figured God had it under control and I didn't have to figure it out. A few years later I accepted Jesus and wasn't afraid anymore of much of anything. That's not to say people shouldn't think about those things or try to figure them out. I hope I didn't offend anybody in saying I didn't worry about it. I think I have offended enough people! I am just not smart enough to understand all that.
Seminole

Hi Seminole,

Don't believe that it is you that is void of understanding on this subject, you are right in line to what Jesus spoke to us about fear and worry. If we have Him who can be against us (that really matters)? I think your faith (His gift to you) has put you where you need to be, confident in the Lord.

Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Joh 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Rom 8:31  What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

His Peace to you,

Joe

seminole

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 01:26:01 PM »

Joe and Skydreamers, your kind words are much appreciated
Seminole

YellowStone

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 03:52:33 PM »

Bible Codes used to interest me, I mean the concept of hidden messages was quite fascinating. However, it only took one short moment to realize how ridiculous the code ideology was. :)

I was watching a so-called bible code documentary on TV, and these guys were demonstrating how you could find all kinds of things, from word placement, counting words, rearranging word letters, etc. All with a MODERN TRANSLATION  ??? ??? ??? Give me a break  ;D Talk about second-day quarterbacking. :)

Is this not a sign of carnal thinking. Is this not an example too of such as these attempting to change the word of God?   :(

Rom 1:25  Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

It is however, only natural for man to seek out things in order to learn what he yet does not know. However, Christ spoke in parables so that the world would not understand. The true (spiritual) meaning of His many words of counsel spoken to the multitudes were never understood.

Mat 13:34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them: 

However, his followers were let in on the truth behind the parable.

Mar 4:34  But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples

Why would God choose to encode secret messages or hidden truths in modern bible text to be understood only by the unenlightened?

Not even Christ knew of the day or time of his final coming.

Matthew 24:36 But of that DAY and HOUR knoweth no man, no, not the ANGELS of Heaven, but MY FATHER ONLY.

In fact Christ taught everything that he was given to teach. :)

John 12:48 For I have not spoken OF MYSELF; but the FATHER which sent me, He gave me a commandment, WHAT I should say, and what I should SPEAK.

John 12:50 Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 5:19 The Son can do NOTHING of himself, but what He seeth the Father do: for what things he doeth, these doeth the Son likewise.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do NOTHING: as I HEAR, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the FATHER which hath sent me.

John 8:28 I do NOTHING of myself; but as my Father hath TAUGHT me, I speak THESE THINGS.

John 14:10 The words that I speak unto you I speak NOT OF MYSELF: but the FATHER that dwelleth in me, He doeth the works.

John 15:10 I have kept my FATHER'S commandments.

John 14:24 The word which ye hear is NOT MINE, but the FATHER'S which sent me.

John 17:14 I have given them THY WORD.

I think the following Scripture speaks volumes regarding this subject.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  

Comments welcome.....

With love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:59:27 PM by YellowStone »

iris

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 04:41:10 PM »

Those were great scriptures Darren.
Thanks for sharing.

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 05:09:59 PM »

Our "end of the world"...as we know it is when we die which could be WAY BEFORE 2012. Jesus Christ holds the keys! He knows who will be here when He returns and who will be resurrected to judgment and who will be resurrected to Election and Reward. He knows His Sheep!

2 Tim 4 : 3 For the time is coming when people will not tolerate, endure sound and wholesome instruction (Ray estimates that only about 200 TWO HUNDRED people may be following his teachings!) but, having ears ITCHING FOR SOMETHING PLEASING AND GRATIFYING ( Bible Codes, The Davinci Code, over 3000 different Christian denominations! ) they will GATHER TO THEMSELVES, one teacher after another to a considerable number (TBN !) chosen to satisfy their own liking (need for entertainment) and to foster the ERRORS THEY HOLD.  4. And will turn aside from hearing the truth and wander off into myths and MAN-MADE FICTIONS. 5. AS FOR YOU, be calm and cool and stead, accept and suffer unflinchingly every hardship......

Jesus said and WE CAN BELIEVE! Matt 16 : 4 A WICKED AND MORALLY UNFAITHFUL GENERATION craves a sign, but NO SIGN shall be given to it  EXCEPT the sign of the prophet Jonah.

Repentance for any participation or leaning towards the dabbling and infatuations of Mystery Babylon would be a profitable way to prepare for the return of Christ who alone is THE SIGN.

It is refreshing to see that Bible Codes and the like appears not to have taken hold of anyone here in this thread.  8) The above sentence is for whosoever it fits! ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 05:19:22 PM by Arcturus »

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 05:35:20 PM »

Good point Arcturus!

We are NOT to think about these things in the traditional external way, looking for signs.

If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee. (Deu 13:1-5 KJV)

Don't believe in numerology and stuff like that. Aren't you aware of "The Moby Dick Code"? Many assassinations are foretold in that novel! PROOF: http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/moby.html

Or what about the site that "proves" that Jesus is Buddha by referring to numbers found both in Buddhist texts and the Bible? Example:

"John 1:19-2:11 is a unit having the size of 1550 syllables, which is also the numerical value of ho Khristos (70+600+100+10+200+300+70+200 = 1550), mentioned in John 1:20 & 25. Again, John 1:1-18 has the size of 496 syllables, identical with the numerical value of monogenęs (40+70+50+70+3+50+8+200 = 496), mentioned in John 1:14 & 18."

Or you could take the Sanskrit Word TRi-RaTNaS and "magically" change it to the the Latin TRi-NiTaS. Can't you see how UTTERLY stupid and insane these "theories" are? Shun them like the plague! You have been warned!

Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 05:40:10 PM »

Hello Eirik

Great to see you in the Forum with the Word of God sword shining! Those Scriptures fit perfectly! 8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.