bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bible Codes  (Read 16001 times)

mari_et_pere

Re: The Bible Codes
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2007, 11:47:35 AM »

I am not a friend of this world system, so by default I am it's enemy. I'll welcome any and every person into the fold, that God brings into it. But until that happens I see no point in trying to be friends with them. Be nice, kind, etc. OK, but they wont get too close, because I'd rather be alone than unequally yoked.
Kent! You sound just like me dude! I have felt that way for so long that I honestly can't remember NOT feeling that way! I can't be friends with this world system. I can accept it because God's will prevails, therefore the world system is what it is because of God. However I don't have to like it! I don't have to watch the news and say, "Oh well, all is good," when I know full well it's not. I don't have to meet people who are spiritually, disgustingly degraded and think we'll have something in common.
At the same time, and this is the 3rd time I've used this verse today, but:
Mat 5:44  But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
I try.

Matt

Kent

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2007, 01:40:17 PM »

I know, thats why I say to be nice / kind, etc. It's not an act, I dont hate them. But I know exactly what you are saying :)

I think that where churchianity goes wrong is that they are NOT nice and kind to anyone that is still in their sins. Go up to someone with hate, and they will send that hate right back to them. Plus, they are rather selective about what sins they speak out against.
Instead of waiting on God to drag them to His Son, they want to do the dragging for themselves. If they would just be 'always be ready to explain the hope that is within them' (paraphrasing Paul here)...

I've gained a fuller appreciation of "There but for the grace of God, go I".

God Bless!
K

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2007, 04:03:54 PM »

Darren

To answer your first question that you present in a Scripure as follows
: Rom 9:19  Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

This has been covered through Ray’s teachings. In short. Everyone resists Gods WILL. NO ONE can resist, alter or manipulate God’s PLAN or His PURPOSE.

You present the following : Is the world MORE evil today than yesterday? Is not evil, evil in the eys of God just like a sin is a sin, for no man is perfect. God does not change in intensity, I do not think evil changes in his eyes either. Only in the eys of the world and those so equipped to see. That included the spiritually enlightened. 

Does that make sense?

No actually it doesn’t make sense to me at all. I do not know what you mean by asking is not evil, evil in the eyes of God….What does that mean?  God says Genesis 6 : 5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. “

That Scripture is BEFORE God flooded the world and wiped out the entire human race save for 8 on Noahs Arc. Jesus said that when He returns the same conditions will prevail in the world. That means WICKEDNESS will be GREAT in the earth.

You venture to assume what I think and believe
: I do not believe, nor do I believe that you do either  that the world is "falling" of it's own accord, for:

Rom 9:20  Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus?

I do not hold God ACCOUNTABLE for mans weak spiritual state and propensity to like to be wicked and enjoy being in control and self sufficient. God is RESPONSIBLE and mankind will be held ACCOUNTABLE for refusing to acknowledge, know, revere and desire God. Man will be held accountable for trusting THEMSELVES and for confidence that they are in right standing with God while scorning and making nothing of others.  Jesus knows about such people : Luke 18 : 9 He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves and were confident that they were righteous, that they were upright and in right standing with God, and scorned and made nothing of all the rest of men.

You add the following scripture:

God is the master potter and we are the clay.   I think you would agree.

No I do not agree that this scripture in any way endorses the view that the world is “falling of its own accord.” On the one hand you quote a scripture that can be taken to mean that the world is NOT falling of its own accord and then on the other hand you quote a scripture that can be taken to mean that the worlds falling is because God is the potter. On both counts there is no truth I can see in this approach anywhere. It is an alien view point as far as I can decipher it. So no. This does not make sense at all. Not to me anyway! ;D

Your comment regarding my reply to you on your question about SA where you assumed that I do not want to share, I think was a bit out of line. You might have considered that there were OTHER reasons for my decision NOT to discuss SA that could have been wise, or prudent or discrete and your choice of assumption that I did not want to share was unnecessary.

peace to you

Arcturus  :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:13:56 PM by Arcturus »

berniekruger

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2007, 04:22:58 PM »

Guys ???

I've been trying to follow this thread but it has become a "hyper thread" with multiple subject matters.

It makes no sense reading from page 1 to page 3, this was a question on bible codes.

Can a moderator repost to these headings
Bible Codes
Evil in the world or "last days" and so on

These good stuff here so don't just lock it.

I need help understanding something from Luke11:24-26 so I starting a new thread instead

Luv to all

YellowStone

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2007, 06:35:50 PM »

Hey Matt,

You are going great today!!  :)

You wrote:

I have felt that way for so long that I honestly can't remember NOT feeling that way! I can't be friends with this world system. I can accept it because God's will prevails, therefore the world system is what it is because of God. However I don't have to like it! I don't have to watch the news and say, "Oh well, all is good," when I know full well it's not. I don't have to meet people who are spiritually, disgustingly degraded and think we'll have something in common.

This is something that I have yet to learn how we are to feel emotionally towards the world. The word "feel" does not get used much in the Scriptures.

Of course as you have posted already (several times today) :)

Mat 5:44  But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,

Love them, but not what they do. But how does one turn off their emotions without becomming indifferent?  ??? ??? ???

The good Samaritan was not indifferent, while the priests walked on by, indifferently. :(

I think Christ parable on this subject is worth more study :)

Luk 10:30  And Jesus answering said, A certain [man] went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded [him], and departed, leaving [him] half dead.

Luk 10:31  And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.  

Luk 10:32  And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked [on him], and passed by on the other side.  

Luk 10:33  But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion [on him],  

Luk 10:34  And went to [him], and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

Luk 10:35  And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave [them] to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

Luk 10:36  Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?  

There is always a deeper meaning than the obvious (duh) :)

But let's first look at the key points. The Samaritan was neither a "religious leader" or a "lay person" (Levite) but was a foreigner, halfbreeds of whom the jews looked upon with disdain.

Who is the Spiritual Samaritan? Is it not us, the ones who are hated most by the church? With this thought in mind, we dare not become indifferent to the world, for who are we if we do? Would we not be the same as pious priests, indifferent and self-rightous? I think so.

So inlight of all this, I think we should pay pretty close attention to the world around us, and never be afraid to step in and lend a hand to whoever needs it. Indifference does not appear to be an option.

What do you think? :)

Many thanks in Christ,
Darren

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 06:58:15 PM by YellowStone »

YellowStone

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2007, 06:51:14 PM »

Hi Arcturus,   :)

You wrote this:

You add the following scripture:

God is the master potter and we are the clay.   I think you would agree.

No I do not agree that this scripture in any way endorses the view that the world is “falling of its own accord.”

Before I respond to your response, PLEASE I beg of you in all fairness. Show me where I said that the world is falling of it's own accord

I Clearly wrote:

I do not believe, nor do I believe that you do either  that the world is "falling" of it's own accord, for:

Rom 9:20  Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus?

God is the master potter and we are the clay.  :) I think you would agree. :)"

I am some what saddened that you did not see this  :(

My sister, I am deeply sorry for even mentioning SA. I was genuinely interested, that was all.

Please show where I said man is responsdible for his own falling. Anyone  ??? ???

With Love in Christ,

Your brother,
Darren
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 06:52:34 PM by YellowStone »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2007, 07:07:01 PM »

We obviously do not see eye to eye Darren :D ;D

Redbird

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2007, 07:57:51 PM »

Arcturus and Darren,

Are you sure you're not brother and sister??? :) ;) ;D

Love to you, Lisa

skydreamers

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2007, 08:38:33 PM »

Arcturus and Darren,

Are you sure you're not brother and sister??? Smiley Wink Grin

Love to you, Lisa

Redbird

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2007, 10:47:02 PM »

That's cute Diana ~

I have to say, with joy in my heart, this is starting to feel like an honest down-to-earth family!

Love you ladies and gentlemen~
In Christ, Lisa
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.