bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the Lake of Fire a series of trials to be experienced in the spiritual realm?  (Read 4509 times)

mrsnacks

I have read a lot of Ray's articles but I am a little confused about the Lake of Fire.
I know that it is a purging and burning up from God of the carnal flesh and that the purpose of judgment is corrective and for the betterment of the individuals that are cast in the Lake of Fire.  So is the Lake of Fire similar to life on this planet in that our lives are a series of trials and tests that is molding us into the likeness of our Creator. We are the clay and He is the Potter. So what happens to us is God causing all things to work for the good to those who are called according to His purpose. Is the Lake of Fire the same - life extended beyond the grave ? 

Deborah-Leigh

Hello Mrsnacks

I do not think that the LOF is as you ask: life extended beyond the grave ?  

This is how I understand it. There is life. Then there is death. Then there is Resurrection. Some will not see death but will be changed in the twinkling of an eye. When? When Christ returns. Others will be raised to resurrected life that is not an extension but a raising up to judgment.

The Chosen Elect have been purged in their life times through Judgement that is a TYPE of LOF but IS NOT the LOF. The LOF is the judgment on the wicked not the elect. The LOF is future while Judgement on the House of God is NOW and has been NOW for over 2000 years.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

mrsnacks

So will the judgment extend beyond this lifetime for the believers ?

mari_et_pere

That's a good question. I understood Ray to say that anyone who needs spiritual cleansing will be in the LOF for some period of time. I don't think there is anyone on earth who won't have something to be burned out. Right? I'm a believer and follower of Christ, but woe is me if I think I don't need some sort of correction or judgement! I'm gonna have to go back and research this one.

Matt

hillsbororiver

This article gives an excellent overview (with plenty of scriptural witnesses) of;

TWO JUDGMENTS BY FIRE

Only two sections of Scripture speak of judging every man’s work in fire. They are Revelation 20 and I Corinthians 3. Earlier in this series we covered many Scriptures showing that Judgment is on the House of God NOW (from the time of the Apostles until the return of Christ), and that there is coming a later judgment at the Great White Throne. All humanity and all angelic messengers will be judged in one of these two judgments by fire.

In Part V we saw how God likens believers to a garden that is to produce fruit. God also likens our spiritual development to that of a building. We are to produce much "spiritual fruit" which will also make us "living stones" in a great temple prepared for God’s dwelling place. We will now continue our study beginning with the Foundation upon which all this spiritual structure is to be built.

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

There is more here;

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html

and here;

http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Kat

Hi mrsnacks,

1Cor 11:31  For if we would judge ourselves(now), we would not be judged(later).
v. 32  But when we are judged(now), we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world(later).
v. 33  Therefore, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait for one another.

1John 2:5  But whoever keeps His Word, truly in this one the love of God is perfected(now). By this we know that we are in Him.

1Peter 4:17  For the time has come for the judgment to begin from the house of God. And if it first begins from us, what will be the end of those disobeying the gospel of God?

2Th 1:4  so much so that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God, for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations which you endure.
v. 5  For this is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God(now on the house/church of God), that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God(first resurrection) for which you also suffer,
v. 6  since it is a righteous thing with God to repay tribulation to those who trouble you,
v. 7  and to give rest with us to you who are troubled, at the revealing of the Lord Jesus from Heaven(first resurrection) with the angels of His power,
v. 8  in flaming fire(Lake of fire judgment) taking vengeance on those who do not know God and who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ,
v. 9  who shall be punished with everlasting(eonian) destruction(of the carnal flesh) from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

Rom 8:12  So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh--
v. 13  for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die(second death/Lake of fire/judgment); but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
v. 14  For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. The second death has no authority over these, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him a thousand years.

Hope this helps.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.