bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In the beginning...  (Read 4559 times)

skydreamers

In the beginning...
« on: May 15, 2007, 02:38:15 PM »

Recently I've been taking a principle that Ray teaches and applying it to the bible as a whole, because you know how Ray teaches that the whole of scripture is one.  So I took what Ray says here:

There are three realms of humanity and three realms of spiritual understanding. The lowest of all is the sea. Those with at least some spiritual understanding are those who dwell in the earth. And those who have the very mind of Christ are those who dwell in heaven. ALL REALMS will give honor and glory to God:

"And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, [need I explain that ‘fish’ do not have the mental capacity to comprehend what is being taught here—these are MEN, MANKIND, HUMANITY] and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sits upon the throne, and upon the Lamb for the eons of the eons" (Rev. 5:13).

Is this not saying the identical thing that Paul teaches in Phil. 2:10-11:

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should BOW, of things [them] in heaven, and things [them] in earth, and things [them] under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

More proof:

"Therefore rejoice, ye heavens and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and [inhabitants] of the sea! …" (Rev. 12:12).

Next notice that:

"And when the dragon saw that he was cast into the earth , he persecuted the WOMAN [the Church] which brought forth the man child [the manifest sons of God]" (Rev. 12:13).

Where is the Church? Does she dwell in the spiritual realms of heaven? No. Is she located in the sea? No. She dwells in the earth. She is higher than the sea, but lower than heaven; she dwells in the earth. These are the three realms spoken of in Revelation. If we can’t get our thinking above the symbols themselves, we will never ever understand the book of Revelation.

http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html

I took this and applied it to the 7 day creation story.  It's so cool, because I am seeing that the first passages of scripture are so much more than just a physical description of God creating a physical world in 7 physical days.  It's almost like a blueprint for the beginning of the spiritual life of a believer. 

But what I found really beautiful is in the first verses:

Genesis 1:1-2
1  In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
2  The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

God always begins with darkness, and then begins to shine a light.  But here we see God hovering over the waters....I see this as the sea of humanity, and later the earth (the church) comes up out of this.  But this word "hovering" means this:

râchaph
BDB Definition:
1) (Qal) to grow soft, relax
2) (Piel) to hover

and it's used in this scripture:

Deuteronomy 32:10-11
10  "He found him in a desert land, and in the howling waste of the wilderness; he encircled him, he cared for him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.
11  Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, that flutters over its young, spreading out its wings, catching them, bearing them on its pinions, the LORD alone guided him...

I see in these first two verses of scripture the love that God has over all of humanity, his "young"....

the earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep...in a desert land, and in the howling waste of the wilderness

and the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters...like an eagle that stirs up its nest, that flutters over its young.....

God is our eagle-father, who will catch us and bear us on his wings....the first message in His first words to us! (at least, that's what I see ;) :) )  How awesome is our God!

Peace,
Diana

nmendes

Re: In the beginning...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 02:56:19 PM »

Diana,

It is a blessing that God has opened up your eyes to this.  What it reiterates to me is that God is extremely loving.  His mercy and His grace are limitless.  Our Eternal Shepherd never stops caring for His sheep.

Nicole

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 04:11:21 PM »

Hi Diana

Your post sparked some interest and I thought I would comment on your following statement:)

God always begins with darkness, and then begins to shine a light.  

You are so right, man is, has been and will be in darkness until God deems otherwise. God is light

Psa 43:3 O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.  

Those of the world cannot see the light, and this is the darkness you spoke of :)

Jhn 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Jhn 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name [was] John.

Jhn 1:7  The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all [men] through him might believe.

Jhn 1:8  He was not that Light, but [was sent] to bear witness of that Light.

Thanks so much for sharing,

Your brother in Christ,
Darrren

mari_et_pere

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 12:08:59 PM »

Wow that's really, really good stuff! You refer to God as an eagle hovering over it's young. Doesn't David reference Him that way in Psalms? I'll have to look that up.....but yeah that was a great post!

Matt

skydreamers

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 02:41:56 PM »

Hi guys,

What it reiterates to me is that God is extremely loving.  His mercy and His grace are limitless.  Our Eternal Shepherd never stops caring for His sheep.

Amen Nicole!

Matt,
perhaps the scripture you are thinking of is this?:

Psalms 17:8-9
8  Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings,
9  from the wicked who do me violence, my deadly enemies who surround me.

and there's also this in Exodus:

Exodus 19:4
4  You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself.

Darren,
yes, thank you for adding those scriptures!  Satan does his job well in keeping us in darkness until the time is right for us to begin to see...

2 Corinthians 4:4
4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

But it seems to me, that even in the darkness, God gives us "some" light:

Genesis 1:14-18
14  And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15  And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16  And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17  And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18  And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

To begin to know Christ, to be called to Him, is the beginning of our spiritual life.  I see this as "the lesser light" because while in the church/Babylon we are given some truth (light) and are learning something of Christ, but we are still in the season of the night, as far as our spiritual life goes.  There is a "greater light", and I see this as coming out of Babylon, when the true "light of the glorious gospel" begins to shine and God begins to open our eyes to the false doctrines and lies....we are given eyes to see that we have been worshiping "another Jesus", but now the the "morning star", the "day star" is being revealed to us...the true Jesus:

2 Peter 1:19
19  We also have a more sure Word of prophecy, to which you do well to take heed, as to a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the Daystar arises in your hearts

The many called, the church remain under the "lesser light" but the chosen are given the "greater light", and so for the chosen the day begins to dawn....

I'm also noticing this:  I believe that fowls can represent evil spirits:

Genesis 1:22
22  And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters of the seas and let the fowl multiply in the earth.

So it looks like here we may have another indication that evil spirits are present in the church/earth, spreading their false doctrines and lies.

But on the sixth day, when God is creating man in his own image, we see he is granted "dominion" over the fowls of the air:

Genesis 1:26
26  And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creepers creeping on the earth.

So I'm thinking the sixth day may represent the chosen entering into that part of their spiritual walk when God grants them "dominion" over their sin:

Romans 6:13-14
13  Do not yield your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but yield yourselves to God, as one alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
14  For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under Law, but under grace.

I've heard Ray speak about this, when you finally get to a point where Jesus is on the throne...sin is still present, but it no longer has dominion over you, and so you no longer struggle like before...God finally gives you the power to obey.  (I can't wait for this phase of our walk, by the way! ;) )

More thoughts and comments welcomed!

Peace and may God bless all of us in our studies,
Diana

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:44:25 PM by skydreamers »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 17 queries.