bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Trek to Bible-Truths  (Read 5530 times)

bambam

My Trek to Bible-Truths
« on: May 15, 2007, 03:44:38 PM »

I was going on my merry way in life when something was thrown in my face that thoroughly disturbed me to the point of anxiety and anguish.  A man and his family joined our Baptist church and I found out about his Calvinist views.  I began to study my Bible and came to no certain conclusions only because of all of the seeming contradictions.  Baptists and Calvinists both seemed to be wrong somewhere because they could not possibly both be right.  I was in anguish over the fact that God would knowingly, unmercifully send people to Hell to burn forever without even giving them any oppurtunity for mercy.  I spent many nights crying my heart out to God thinking this just cannot be true.  I started to search for what, I did not know, but I was so sad an disheartened.  I began to look at other religions like Buddhism and Confusionism-even Atheism.  Nothing satisfied my soul.  I earnestly begged God to show me the truth, and one late night while searching the net, I "stumbled" on to a site that just made everything I was questioning fit together like puzzle pieces.  Since then I have stayed up late on many many occasions trying to read through all of the papers on the Bible-Truths site, then decided to begin printing them out and reading them. 

I found out that there was a forum and began visiting regularly to read.  It took me a while to decide to register, but here I am.  I have so much to learn and so much that I do not quite understand yet.  I am hoping that this will be a great tool for my learning.  It's good to be here! :)

Beth

Redbird

Re: My Trek to Bible-Truths
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 03:50:09 PM »

Hi Beth,

Happy to have you here! :)

Lisa

iris

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 04:52:38 PM »

Hi Beth,

Welcome to the forum!
Glad you're here.

Iris

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 05:16:08 PM »

Welcome Beth,

Our journey here is often similar.  I too earnestly begged God to show me the truth after feeling much anxiety over the teachings and conduct of the "Christian" religions of the world.  After I "stumbled" onto this site, the "pieces of the puzzle" did indeed start falling into place as you stated.

Once again, welcome, and I look forward to reading your comments.

Rene'

skydreamers

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 05:48:44 PM »

yup, I was a stumbler too! ;)

Peace, Diana

pylady

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 06:42:23 PM »

Hi Beth,

Welcome!  You'll find many of us here have done the same questioning and searching.  He has led us all here.  I look forward to reading any posts you may make about what you are learning.  Many here are well grounded in His word and can give you scriptures to answer any questions you may have.

With Christian love,

Cindy

gmik

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 08:11:59 PM »

Way to go Beth!!!  I, too, a stumbler...life has not been the same since.

Welcome to our little family!!

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 08:41:40 PM »

I have so much to learn and so much that I do not quite understand yet.  I am hoping that this will be a great tool for my learning.  It's good to be here! :)

Beth

Welcome, Beth.
As mentioned, many of us have been down a very similar road.
Being a "mechanic", I'll just say the forum is one of the best "tools" in my toolbox.

andrevan

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 08:51:38 AM »

Oh Beth, I'm so thankful to God that He brought you here. To come out of that aweful place & into the truth is a great thing, so a big welcome to you! Good to have you here!

God bless you.
Andrevan.

CDJ

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 01:55:11 PM »

Hi Beth,

Welcome! I like the bit where you said that it all fits together like a puzzle - didn't all the other things out there, out of their deepest sincerest hearts, just confuse you always? I did me :-)

Well, you're gonna learn a whole bunch of things here - e v e r y  s i n g l e  d a y, and you wouldn't be able to learn everything in your lifetime :-)

Remember, apply the guidance here on BT to your own Biblestudy :-)

Walk strong in Christ :-)

Carl

Kat

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »

Hi Beth,

I'm glad you have joined us here  :)
I look forward to your fellowship.
Ask questions if need be, we have a lot of people here who can give you many perspectives.
It is a wonderful thing to 'see' the truth and have the peace that only Christ can bring.

John 8:32  And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 23 queries.